Should I report neighbour for fraud?

Comments

• It strikes me that Clownfish's neighbour could give his/her friend with MS some tips on successfully claiming PIP. Why not introduce them?
  • Nannytone
    Nannytone Posts: 501 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    NeilCr wrote: »
    As I said, you need medical evidence to get PIP. It's not just how you come across at the face to face. In general, it is harder to get than DLA. And it's certainly not easy to get a home assessment

The neighbour could be doing exactly what you are saying. Bragging. Bigging themselves up in front of others.I have heard quite a few stories about how medicals went and what happened and some have been exaggerations. I've also had a lot of (how shall we say it) interesting second hand tales about folks fiddling the benefits system. 'My neighbour knows someone who is getting PIP while still able to carry on their job as a trapeze artist" etc etc

It's up to the OP whether or not to report. I'd be wary, myself, if it's only 'down the pub" talk. I'd also be interested in how the OP knows what was on the claim form

I had a home assessment and I never even asked for i. It's about what suits them
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Nannytone wrote: »
    I had a home assessment and I never even asked for i. It's about what suits them

But did you have solid medical evidence supporting your claim?

They aren't going to give you a HA without reason.
  • It strikes me that Clownfish's neighbour could give his/her friend with MS some tips on successfully claiming PIP. Why not introduce them?

It's really not funny. Thieves who are stealing from the system when genuine people are being turned down are scum. I don't get why people are defending my neighbour either. Grinning and bragging to me like a village idiot about fooling the assessor and putting on an Oscar worthy performance (as her father described) is shameful, when my lovely friend with MS is having to fight like hell to get her PIP.
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It's really not funny. Thieves who are stealing from the system when genuine people are being turned down are scum. I don't get why people are defending my neighbour either. Grinning and bragging to me like a village idiot about fooling the assessor and putting on an Oscar worthy performance (as her father described) is shameful, when my lovely friend with MS is having to fight like hell to get her PIP.

In which case, ignore the naysayers and report her. You are very clear that she is committing benefit fraud so why are you hesitating? And why ask in the first place?
  • Darksparkle
    Darksparkle Posts: 5,465 Forumite
    Not really sure why you've asked as it's obvious you want to report her so just do it. Report the cash in hand employer whilst youre at it.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,925 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    You sound very defensive, are you also committing PIP fraud? The type of people that always act so defensive around benefits suggests to me that they are also fiddling the system.
    And you sound like a very bitter person!
  • snoop2008
    snoop2008 Posts: 611 Forumite
    You've never known someone to work that suffers from depression? Doing her hair and make up means she isn't depressed?

A valued point indeed. OP, Many people have hidden illnesses some are more visible than others. Sometimes the expectation of thinking a person who lives and copes with depression, should look depressed, is actually in my humble opinion narrow minded.
  • diggingdude
    diggingdude Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    If you really believe she is committing fraud then yes report her. If you don't have cast iron evidence then !!!!!! off and get a life
    An answer isn't spam just because you don't like it......
  • trigger_fish
    trigger_fish Posts: 3,172 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Not really sure why you've asked as it's obvious you want to report her so just do it. Report the cash in hand employer whilst youre at it.

The irony is that rarely gets done.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport