We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Bamboo plant growing through my fence

2»

Comments

• DaftyDuck
    DaftyDuck Posts: 4,609 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Ah, a job for that famous tv pathologist, Quince...

Or have I misspellt that. ;)
  • Yup, according to the strict letter of the law, this is correct. Obviously, if one gets on with one's neighbours it doesn't come to this - more a case of a quick chat over the fence "Do you mind if I cut off the overhanging branches, and I'll stick them in my compost bin if you like". If relationships are less cordial then ... well, it would be unfortunate if you were spraying your weeds with any of the easily available glyphosate-based weedkillers, and you accidentally got some on the bamboo leaves ........

Funnily enough - the only two occasions where I've used/would ever use glyphosate were, respectively, (by sheer coincidence of course.....) when one neighbour had a leylandii tree and when another property had a plant base there that had to be either bamboo or Japanese Knotweed.

It was, of course, sheer coincidence that both things quite visibly died soon afterwards....

But if a neighbour has neither commonsense or any grasp of the consequences for themselves of such plants......

EDIT; I wouldnt have touched an ordinary plant though - just secateurs for something like a rambling rose...
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post

EDIT; I wouldnt have touched an ordinary plant though - just secateurs for something like a rambling rose...
    It would take your neighbour to plant something like 'Kiftsgate' along your dividing fence, but then you'd understand and eat those words, season after season! :rotfl:
  • Davesnave wrote: »
    It would take your neighbour to plant something like 'Kiftsgate' along your dividing fence, but then you'd understand and eat those words, season after season! :rotfl:

Crikey!

I've never seen anything quite like that:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family