Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Options

Comments

• eternalvictor
    Options
    My Sky package is due to end today. I was on a 60% off deal on a monthly rolling contract. Was considering Sky Q but could get no deals on this and seeing as all new contracts get Sky Q boxes as standard and my box is several years old I decided to just hand my notice in and see what I could get offered.

Had the instant 60% off show up on my box, but tying into a new 12 month contract.

Went on to the online chat and the best that could be offered was 60% off and £50 credit and that was the very best he could offer.

Went on again today just to check what they would offer before my package completely ended today and the best I was offered was 40% off and told that this was the maximum.

Having seen plenty of people get offered 75% off and some people getting credit to the account on top of this I am hoping that once it all gets disconnected tomorrow I will see some better offers come in over the next few weeks to get me to come back.

I will miss the boxsets but have Netflix and Amazon Prime to tide me over until Sky hopefully come back with a good offer, especially as my broadband is due to end in a few months with my current provider so hoping to see if i can get a good deal on that if I already have my Sky TV with them.
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i posted a few posts back that I rejected a 75% off for the full movies+sports+box sets (18.50 a month for 12 months, no contract) . Just got off the live chat after accepting the same offer PLUS £50 credit :)
    Total cost when taking the credit into account: £14.50 p/m for the full bundle :)

Now watch some smart !!! come along and say they've done better than this LOL
  • eternalvictor
    Options
    How long did it take to be offered the 75% off, and then the additional credit. Only 2 days into sky being turned off so just wondering how long it will take for sky to think about making me an offer.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    How long did it take to be offered the 75% off, and then the additional credit. Only 2 days into sky being turned off so just wondering how long it will take for sky to think about making me an offer.
    Looking back a couple of pages they were turned off on the 22nd of March.

You'll have to put the work in to get that offer mind, they won't just phone up and give it to you (probably :) )
  • eternalvictor
    Options

You'll have to put the work in to get that offer mind, they won't just phone up and give it to you (probably :) )

First live chat to them yesterday evening and was offered 50% off for 12 months. Said I had seen better offers and then offered 60% off on a monthly basis. Again said I had seen better offers and was then offered £35 credit as well. Turned it down as was offered £50 credit as well as 60% prior to leaving.

Holding out for 75% off or 60% and £100 credit so just have to play the waiting game now and see if sky want to get me back enough.
  • tired_dad
    tired_dad Posts: 631 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    when i last posted on this, I was on £55 for sports/movies/multiroom.

They distinctly told me this would remain as is and not need renewing. ie an indefinite rolling discount. Last month jumped up to £92.

****kers
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    tired_dad wrote: »
    when i last posted on this, I was on £55 for sports/movies/multiroom.

They distinctly told me this would remain as is and not need renewing. ie an indefinite rolling discount. Last month jumped up to £92.

****kers
    tired_dad wrote: »
    see post 228.

Live chat day after I was told 50% offer had ended. Offered 50% off + £50 credit + a slightly confusing deal on multiroom.

I signed up for another 12 months
    Whoops a daisy!
  • TrustedView2016
    Options
    If you are currently out of contract with Sky but a current subscriber, I would suggest you go into Hughes (if you are in East Anglia) Electrical. They are an authorised Sky agent and are able to secure some fantastic deals. I was on the HD format with the premium viewing package (£ 80 a month) and through Hughes I was able to secure Sky Q 2 Tb plus a Mini box for £ 45 per month (for same TV package) for 18 months contract with a £9.99 one off fee. Went through the rigmarole of Sky wanting to keep me as a customer when i put them under 1 month's notice; the best they could do direct was £54 per month.

They insulted me with their comments when the usual "why do new customers get such a huge discount?" discussion. They suggested that they could not target offers to existing customers !!!!!! The cheek of it !!! They can send me details of what I might want to watch for the next week by e-mail or try and upsell me to buy extended warranty through their "painful" Domestic & General partners, but cannot send me detail of any offers that would be of interest to me. The satisfaction is that I halved my costs for the next 18 months !!
  • redmalc
    redmalc Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tired Dad
    I have a similar package to you and negotiated £55 for six months which finished last month and the bill was £92 per month.
    I called them the other day and got a new deal for £52 per month
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

When I got our offer of 75% off and £100 credit, we'd been switched off foe a couple of weeks. However, some posted that there was an offer in My Sky under the left within 12 months button.

I checked , found it and called, getting the offer with no effort, but I did have to prompt that the offer included a credit of £100.

According to the new Sky is losing more an gaining less, thus reducing the customer base, so it looks like that is the reason for the long ongoing good offer.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback