Should we take out life assurance/insurance?

Options
My partner and I are in our early 40s. Non-smokers. Healthy. Not (much) overweight. Hardly ever drink. Trying for a baby, but accept it may not happen.

One of us has a small mortgage (£70K) on a £300k house. The other owns property outright. Savings of £50k and £100k respectively. One of us (sadly not me) in line for nice inheritence.

Do we need life assurance/insurance? (I have briefly read the difference between the two).

A quick search on price comparison sites leads me to believe it would be something like £80 a month to cover is both? But I'd need to confirm that as it was just a quick search.

:beer:

Comments

• Weighty1
    Weighty1 Posts: 1,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    What makes you think it would be so much? What amount of cover was that for and over what term?

How would the death of one of you affect the others standard of living?

What if you were ill long-term and couldn't work for years?
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Get a broker to get a whole of market approach and individualise it to you. Price comparison sites are just that, generalised and can be poor value.

MSE also does an article on Life insurance, have a look at it, I got my broker from there
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport