Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 5
  • KickingCatfish
    Purdyparker - same plane!
    delayed flight from sep 2008 how do i find information on this flight
    Originally posted by purdyparker
    Saturday 6th September 2008? We were on the outbound waiting for your plane to land. According to flightstats we took off on time and landed 22 minutes late. Good old Ryanair. Glad I didn't imagine that 9 hours of entertaining a baby and a toddler.....

Go get 'em.
  • UpRyanair
    Successful Ryanair Compensation Claim
    We were treated very badly by Ryanair during the ash cloud problem in April a few years ago. We had already suffered a 6 hour delay on the way out and then were totally abandoned by Ryanair when the ash cloud hit. We asked nicely for help,and later asked for compensation for our out of pocket costs. We telephoned ,sent registered letters galore and were totally ignored or issued with standard brush off letters. Finally we went to our local sheriff court in Scotland and took out a small claim application for each family. It only costs 65 pounds and there are no other costs involved.With this you can sue for up to 3500 pounds. Finally after almost 2 years of being ignored their legal representative was calling me . Music to my ears!!!! Lots of patronising nonsense about there being no need to have gone to all the trouble and expense of going to court. I assured him that it was money well spent just to finally get them to sit up and pay some attention to us. After a few days with several phone calls from Ryanair we thrashed out an offer that we were happy to accept. The cheque followed a few days later from Ireland in order for them to avoid going to court. As I later told their legal guy,we would have settled for a lot less at the time if we had been treated with a shred of common decency and respect. If I had known that this kind of claim was so straightforward I would have done it earlier. Only other travellers who have been frustrated by the disregard that Ryanair show their customers ,will understand the feelings of total satisfaction and pleasure I got from this successful outcome.
    I would recommend that all other people who find themselves in the same position get down to their local sheriff court and pick up the paperwork without delay. It is such an easy process and one that even Ryanair can't ignore , even though they seem to think they are outside the law!!! Please remember it is not necessary to go to court in Ireland. When you make an internet booking, you go to the nearest court in your area of juristiction. Good luck to you all, don't let them get away with it any longer.
    • Fletchasketch
    • By Fletchasketch 14th Feb 13, 8:48 PM
    • 402 Posts
    • 621 Thanks
    Fletchasketch
    We were treated very badly by Ryanair during the ash cloud problem in April a few years ago. We had already suffered a 6 hour delay on the way out and then were totally abandoned by Ryanair when the ash cloud hit. We asked nicely for help,and later asked for compensation for our out of pocket costs. We telephoned ,sent registered letters galore and were totally ignored or issued with standard brush off letters. Finally we went to our local sheriff court in Scotland and took out a small claim application for each family. It only costs 65 pounds and there are no other costs involved.With this you can sue for up to 3500 pounds. Finally after almost 2 years of being ignored their legal representative was calling me . Music to my ears!!!! Lots of patronising nonsense about there being no need to have gone to all the trouble and expense of going to court. I assured him that it was money well spent just to finally get them to sit up and pay some attention to us. After a few days with several phone calls from Ryanair we thrashed out an offer that we were happy to accept. The cheque followed a few days later from Ireland in order for them to avoid going to court. As I later told their legal guy,we would have settled for a lot less at the time if we had been treated with a shred of common decency and respect. If I had known that this kind of claim was so straightforward I would have done it earlier. Only other travellers who have been frustrated by the disregard that Ryanair show their customers ,will understand the feelings of total satisfaction and pleasure I got from this successful outcome.
    I would recommend that all other people who find themselves in the same position get down to their local sheriff court and pick up the paperwork without delay. It is such an easy process and one that even Ryanair can't ignore , even though they seem to think they are outside the law!!! Please remember it is not necessary to go to court in Ireland. When you make an internet booking, you go to the nearest court in your area of juristiction. Good luck to you all, don't let them get away with it any longer.
    Originally posted by UpRyanair
    Thanks so much for this this is the first happy Ryanair compensation story I've heard. Can I ask if the compensation was in line with the compensation guidelines Martin lists?
    Mortgage overpayments 2017: 17K, 2018: 32K, 2019: 18.6K

Debt @0% Jan '16; 9162, Jun '16 5845, Jul '16 3824, Aug '16 3105, Mar '17 2600 May '17 2342 Jan '18 1985 May'18 DEBT FREE!
    • mich_city
    • By mich_city 17th Feb 13, 4:31 PM
    • 13,702 Posts
    • 51,459 Thanks
    mich_city
    Hi all,

Been meaning to read up on this for a while, but thought being RA there would be no point!

We were delayed 11 hrs on a flight from Reus - Liverpool in 2010.. I have all the flight details but cant remember the exact reason they gave us for delay, just remember a lot of unhappy people kicking off as the flight kept getting put back so details got a little lost along the way!.. Will I need that information to write to them initially?

Thanks!
    Last edited by mich_city; 17-02-2013 at 8:37 PM.
    • Lara
    • By Lara 17th Feb 13, 5:05 PM
    • 2,825 Posts
    • 1,841 Thanks
    Lara
    You can go on here I think all you need is the dates of your flight and the departure & destination airports .. that's how you find your flight no and the confirmation of the delay stats. YOu need to create a profile for it... I think this is how I got our flight no for 2010.. seemed quite straightforward when I used it anyway.
    https://www.flightstats.co.uk/Login/login_input.do;jsessionid=27313CA9F960F10CCC3AFFA3 218611CA.web4:8009?
    Originally posted by karenelainehughes
    I've registered with these as told but can't find anything about past flight times and flight number! In fact can't find anything that suggests about past flights. Can anyone point me in the right direction 'cos I sure as heck can't see it anywhere! Thanks .

Edited:
    OK should have gone to specsavers! lol
    Had to re-register again and bingo found it! Son and family had a delay of 168 mins. With four month old and 3 year old wasn't much fun!
    Last edited by Lara; 17-02-2013 at 5:34 PM.
  • poet123
    I couldn't find anything about our RA flight either although both my Jet2 flights were on there.

I would be interested to know if anyone has found details of delayed RA flights on that site or any other.
    • Mark2spark
    • By Mark2spark 17th Feb 13, 9:38 PM
    • 2,285 Posts
    • 876 Thanks
    Mark2spark
    Hi all,

Been meaning to read up on this for a while, but thought being RA there would be no point!

We were delayed 11 hrs on a flight from Reus - Liverpool in 2010.. I have all the flight details but cant remember the exact reason they gave us for delay, just remember a lot of unhappy people kicking off as the flight kept getting put back so details got a little lost along the way!.. Will I need that information to write to them initially?

Thanks!
    Originally posted by mich_city
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=59173303&postcount=4
    • mich_city
    • By mich_city 17th Feb 13, 9:54 PM
    • 13,702 Posts
    • 51,459 Thanks
    mich_city
    Thanks,

I have been reading the FAQ's just noticed others giving details of the delay in some of their letters so just to clarify..
    • Mark2spark
    • By Mark2spark 17th Feb 13, 10:43 PM
    • 2,285 Posts
    • 876 Thanks
    Mark2spark
    No, the idea is for you initially just to claim, then let them dig their own grave by offering a pathetic excuse for an EC to get them out of it, thus incriminating themselves.
  • nh86
    I got the below back from Ryain air after sending off my compensation letter for a flight that was delyed by 5hours and 3 minutes back in 2008. Does anyone know if this is the case? Can i do anything further, or do i just let it go because 2 years have expired? I know the ruling states 6 years, has anyone else had any luck on a flight more than 2 years ago?

Dear XXX

I acknowledge receipt of your letter dated 14/02/2013.

In regard to your recent correspondence, please be advised that, as per the Terms & Conditions agreed prior to purchasing your ticket, Any right to damages shall be extinguished if an action is not brought within two years of the date of arrival at destination, or the date on which the aircraft was scheduled to arrive, or the date on which the carriage stopped.

Given the fact that more than 2 years have passed since your delayed flight with us, we are no longer liable for any inconveniences caused.

Please accept our renewed apologies and I hope that the above has clarified the matter for you.
    • richardw
    • By richardw 20th Feb 13, 8:57 AM
    • 19,061 Posts
    • 8,044 Thanks
    richardw
    nh86 you need to have a bit of a good read of posts for a claim to be successful, firstly the FAQs and blondmark's on Ryanair.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • blondmark
    Effect of terms limiting liability to 2 years
    This information has been redacted
    Last edited by blondmark; 05-11-2013 at 2:48 PM.
  • maup
    2 years
    Hi
    Any advice please on my next step? Submitted claim for cancelled Ryanair flight from may 2008. Have received reply in 2 days stating the t&c s only accept claims within last two years yet I see your note on uk being 6 years
    Originally posted by LJC2013
    Yes, Ryanair have quoted this 2 years to me also. My concern that I know it is 2 years in UK but what is the time limitation in Eire as Ryanair is a Dublin company.
  • blondmark
    Last edited by blondmark; 05-11-2013 at 2:48 PM.
  • 2013competitions
    I've given Ryanair 4 chances....
    On this forum board (on page 4 or 5 I think) I copied & pasted what my 4th complaint letter / request for compensation to Ryanair said.

It was received by them (after another 6 recorded delivery letter to them ) and their reply this time (remember, each reply has had a different reason ) said:

"I acknowledge receipt of your letter dated 4th February 2013.

Whilst we sympathise with your view, we regret that our position as set out in the letter dated 30/01/2013 remains unaltered.

We are sorry that we cannot be of further assistance with regards to this matter."

So they did not answer my direct questions and appear to have tried to fob me off again with another generic answer.

At this point, I am unsure if I am SUPPOSED to try any other alternative method BEFORE trying to sue them through the European Small Claims Court. I am ready to complete Claim Form A of Appendix I of the small claims court process [as I am a forum newbie I am unable to post links on the board yet, but other users have posted the link in this thread for the EC small claims process] but am seriously struggling to find the address. Is there only one in England (in London). I will have to contact the european courts and get an address and find out if I can post the forms to them as I am in Birmingham.
    Since entering comps & applying for freebies from Jan 2013, so far I have received:
    The "Change for Life food smart meal mixer", Bebivita spoon, 5 prezzybox code, bepanthen sample, soft cups and an Atkins bar
    Compared to some on here it is not much, but our family has used them. I'm so grateful to all who post on here.
  • blondmark
    Last edited by blondmark; 05-11-2013 at 2:49 PM.
  • Rydan
    We left Gran Canaria on Ryanair flight FR6699 on 23/02/13 at 06:44. Scheduled take off was 06:25. 40 minutes prior to landing we were advised that we were being taken to Prestwick instead of Edinburgh due to 'a technical issue'. We were told that a plane was ready to take us on the Edinburgh and that the whole process would take less than an hour (even though we had to disembark, collect luggage and check back in). We landed at approx 11:15, checked in and waited in departures for further advise. We were then told at approx 13:15 that the flight had been cancelled and that buses were being arranged to take us to Edinburgh. The earliest time that they would arrive was 13:45, although the airport member of staff didn't really expect them to arrive by then. The journey by bus, we were advised, would be 2 and a half hours. We could not afford to wait for this arrangement as we would have missed our train from Edinburgh, we therefore chose to leave and pay for an additional train journey from Prestwick to Carlise (where we could then pick up with our intended journey). As the flight is showing as having been cancelled and we would not have arrived to the scheduled airport until at least 5 hours after the scheduled arrival time are we due compensation? We were left completed stranded and received absolutely no assistance from Ryanair whatsoever. No passenger notices were issued and no mention of food or refreshement vouchers were made, even though we were now exceeding 2 hours. The air stewardess had told us that they were flying us (rather than a bus as a passenger suggested) because they also needed to return to Edinburgh with an aircraft in order to take the 11:50 flight back to Gran Canaria. A check on the internet shows that this flight took off from Edinburgh at 14:00, yet we were still likely to be in Prestwick at this time, certainly no where near Edinburgh. I have not been able to find any details regarding a similar circumstance and, therefore, am interested in your thoughts regarding my rights to compensation. It was announced as a cancelled flight and the various websites confirm this.
  • mushanta
    Good Afternoon,
    I submitted a letter regarding the delay of a flight on the 23rd December 2010 from Berlin to Eastmids which was 5 hours and 29 mins late in departing Berlin.
    I havent seen any posts yet regarding the Article Ryanair have quoted in this reply. Any advice welcome???

Dear Mr XXXXX

We acknowledge receipt of your letter dated on the 22/02/2013.

Thank you for your correspondence in relation to a flight that was delayed more than 2 years ago.

When making a booking on Ryanair.com it is necessary for you to read and accept Ryanair's General Terms and Conditions of Carriage. Please may I refer you to Article 15 which clearly confirms claims for cancelled or delayed flights must be brought within two years of the booked date of travel (see below). Furthermore, this clause is in line with

Article 35 of the Montreal Convention 1999, applicable to all passenger carriage by air.
    15.2 LIMITATION OF ACTIONS
    Any right to damages shall be extinguished if an action is not brought within two years of the date of arrival at destination, or the date on which the aircraft was scheduled to arrive, or the date on which the carriage stopped. The method of calculating the period of limitation shall be determined by the law of the court where the case is heard.

Given that your claim is outside the permitted 2 years as per the above, we are not in a position to accept your claim.

I hope the above clarifies the situation.

Yours sincerely

For and on behalf of
    RYANAIR LIMITED
  • blondmark
    Last edited by blondmark; 05-11-2013 at 2:49 PM.
    • Mark2spark
    • By Mark2spark 27th Feb 13, 11:26 PM
    • 2,285 Posts
    • 876 Thanks
    Mark2spark
    I submitted a letter regarding the delay of a flight on the 23rd December 2010 from Berlin to Eastmids which was 5 hours and 29 mins late in departing Berlin.

I haven't seen any posts yet regarding the Article Ryanair have quoted in this reply. Any advice welcome???

Thank you for your correspondence in relation to a flight that was delayed more than 2 years ago.

When making a booking on Ryanair.com it is necessary for you to read and accept Ryanair's General Terms and Conditions of Carriage. Please may I refer you to Article 15 which clearly confirms claims for cancelled or delayed flights must be brought within two years of the booked date of travel (see below).

Article 35 of the Montreal Convention 1999, applicable to all passenger carriage by air.
    15.2 LIMITATION OF ACTIONS

Given that your claim is outside the permitted 2 years as per the above, we are not in a position to accept your claim.
    Originally posted by mushanta
    I'm surprised at that, it's been posted simply dozens of times on this forum.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

8Posts Today

4,763Users online

Martin's Twitter