Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 21st Nov 17, 10:04 AM
    • 3,703Posts
    • 35,197Thanks
    WannabeFree
    ôRock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.ö
    • 21st Nov 17, 10:04 AM
    ôRock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.ö 21st Nov 17 at 10:04 AM
    Back in May this year I decided things had to change. I turned to here and received an amazing amount of help and advice. Here I am making a fresh start.

Debt 09/05/2017

Council Tax ú2092.71
    Court Fine ú1250
    Court Fine ú200
    Person 1 ú1000
    Person 2 ú1000
    Person 3 ú1379
    Person 4 ú427
    Debt Total ú7348.71

Rent Arrears ú3381.28

Total ú10729.99

*Person 4 ú575
    *New Debt ú732
    *Debt 1 ú387.29
    *Debt 2 ú1451.40
    *Debt 3 ú1137.73
    *EDF ú3140.65

Total ú18154.06

*As more comes out from under the carpet I will update here.
    Last edited by WannabeFree; 21-11-2017 at 11:21 AM.
Page 294
    • teafor2
    • By teafor2 23rd May 19, 4:07 PM
    • 1,619 Posts
    • 12,452 Thanks
    teafor2
    Yes, we are, but we always split holidays between a few days at home for DS and a few days away, to keep everybody happy. Not that he hates the van, but given the chance he'd rather be cooped up in his room on the Xbox.

I'd be inclined to let littlest go back to school and take part in some fun stuff with her friends. If it involves end of term shows etc. it would also be some nice memories for you to have as well.

I can't believe we're only one term away from summer holidays either. Where has this school year gone xx
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 23rd May 19, 4:12 PM
    • 63,232 Posts
    • 278,061 Thanks
    beanielou
    Part time sounds good to me. X
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 12 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 23rd May 19, 4:20 PM
    • 1,965 Posts
    • 19,758 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    All the smalls have things on at school these next 6 weeks and I can't decide if I should let youngest do part time for the last term. They have lots of fun stuff on she would enjoy
    Might be an idea if she can manage and she would enjoy it. It would let her mix a bit more with children her own age and it would be no bad thing for you either.

I want to try and sweep outside but it just makes me mad that it's always me that does it! But I hate it being a mess.
    I totally sympathise with this one. I keep saying that I'll leave it but I cannot stand the mess. Something I think the two of us just have to accept? I don't understand how people can leave litter.

Definitely get a washing line. It smells so much nicer and it will save you a fortune. One of the reasons why I do the Boy's washing for him.

Our "children" are off for three days apparently. I can tell by the noise outside!!. I don't remember having this many holidays when I was at school. Mind you they had slates, chalk and ink wells then. God, I feel old. xx
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 23rd May 19, 5:26 PM
    • 9,397 Posts
    • 74,136 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    I put my two clothes horses in the garden as my washing line is broken and I can usually fit one wash load on each.

Only one more day until the holidays .

With regard to DD going part time to school for the rest of the term, could you try it for one or two days and see how she is?
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = ú58,766 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = ú4,005. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = ú1,505.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = ú66
    PREMIUM BONDS = ú50
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 23rd May 19, 6:04 PM
    • 7,137 Posts
    • 52,335 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Another one here who thinks the part time is a good idea

Toni's friend I'm with you on the school hols front. No way did I get that many holidays when I was at school, nowadays they seem to be off constantly.

I'm always picking up litter too, drives me mad, total disrespect I think.

I got rid of my tumble drier when it conked out a few years ago. Nothing better than a line of washing blowing in the breeze
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2019 ú251.96
    Weight loss 7.5/9LBS
    Emergency Fund ú3260/ú10,000
    • PositiveBalance
    • By PositiveBalance 23rd May 19, 10:49 PM
    • 1,053 Posts
    • 5,578 Thanks
    PositiveBalance
    Can't believe how close to half way through the year we are and that another school year is nearly over!
    Originally posted by WannabeFree

I was literally just saying this the other day to a colleague!

Aren't washing lines the best? I hope you get one very soon. I love it when I can put my stuff out (especially the big stuff like towels and bedding). I think I appreciate it all the more as I lived in a flat before my house and I couldn't hang anything out!

I'm glad DD is doing well and I hope you are, too. And the other Smalls.
    Original debt to source: ú11,640.02; debt repaid: ú6771.01 (58%); remaining debt: ú5069.01
    0% CC balance: ú4999.67 now ú1300 (74% repaid)
    Emergency Fund (#187): ú500/ú500
    Terrimundi: fleeced!
    • jwil
    • By jwil 24th May 19, 7:01 AM
    • 10,490 Posts
    • 36,931 Thanks
    jwil
    Enjoy your half term x
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 24th May 19, 7:39 AM
    • 3,703 Posts
    • 35,197 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Good morning The sun is shining

Thank you for all stopping in.

I don't have a clothes horse and to be honest washing outside has always set my anxiety of because the thought of flies etc landing on my clean washing just sets me off But I think I need to make more of an effort even if it's only the bedding/towels everyday. Maybe a clothes horse for inside too! One day.

I'm still not posting up the ins and outs of the budget. It's still not got a balance. I've sat and worked it out several times though and after the half term it balances perfectly with a slight bit left over to build up in the bills account. So I'll be back to posting more mse related things then. Along with no meal plan as I'm just using up the stuff we have in.

I have a busy day at school today and more time will be spent there than at home. So my anxiety is awful on top of being crazy anyway!

Happy Friday hope you all have a lovely day

x
    ôOnce you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.ö
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 24th May 19, 7:44 AM
    • 63,232 Posts
    • 278,061 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope that your day goes well x

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • teafor2
    • By teafor2 24th May 19, 7:54 AM
    • 1,619 Posts
    • 12,452 Thanks
    teafor2
    Morning WB Have a lovely day and try to enjoy the school happenings as much as you can.

If your anxiety is high at the moment I wouldn't even think about anything that would make it worse, like the washing being outside. Pop it to the back of your mind and bring it out when you're feeling a bit better about things.

Good to hear that the budget will be back on track very soon. Bet the DC's are really excited about 2 weeks holiday aren't they xx
    • Cherryfudge
    • By Cherryfudge 24th May 19, 8:05 AM
    • 2,795 Posts
    • 17,661 Thanks
    Cherryfudge
    Re the flies: avoid hanging yellow items out, as the flies seem to love them. On the other hand, the UV in sunlight does help disinfect clothing so you could think of it as a free cleaning process? (Thank goodness we don't get the smoky air our ancestors did, when smuts of soot would spoil the washing).
    I hope school goes better than expected. Thinking of you x
    Last edited by Cherryfudge; Today at 8:25 AM.
    MFW #30 Overpaid by ú4,100.58/ú3000 in 2018 Overpaid by ú1,038.40/2,880.00 Jan-April 2019. Decluttered in 2019: 665/2019 as of 20/05/19
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 24th May 19, 8:07 AM
    • 63,232 Posts
    • 278,061 Thanks
    beanielou
    You could start off with an airer in the house & then take it from there. x

***Keep plodding***
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,219Posts Today

5,904Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I once blurted out on @gmb "Theresa May hasn't been given a poisoned chalice - she's been given a poisoned chalice? https://t.co/onfRbY3XVg

• It'd be fascinating to know how history will judge Theresa May's premiership. Currently, it is hard to see it as a? https://t.co/eH77G0O9LA

• Are you secretly trying to tell us Geri is going to take over? Will she tell us what we want, what we really reall? https://t.co/MOxa0jzPD7

• Follow Martin