Tandem Bank credit card woes

Options

Comments

• scragend
    scragend Posts: 287 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    beany_bot wrote: »
    What are they? I can't find any that wont charge.

Halifax Clarity doesn't charge a fee for cash withdrawals, but does charge interest on the cash from the date of withdrawal until paid off.
  • difficultguy
    difficultguy Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dj1471 wrote: »
    Almost all credit cards charge for this. It was in the T&Cs you agreed to, I'd say that's ample warning.

I did NOT receive any notification prior to charges and it does scare me that this company can charge me whenever they want.

I have used few other credit cards, like Post Office etc, I have come across to these charges.....

It is a catch for people who dont read 50 pages of small print and there are NOT sufficient procedures to protect card users
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I did NOT receive any notification prior to charges and it does scare me that this company can charge me whenever they want.

I have used few other credit cards, like Post Office etc, I have come across to these charges.....

It is a catch for people who dont read 50 pages of small print and there are NOT sufficient procedures to protect card users

You did read prior notification in the T’s and C’s you clearly didn’t read.

Put on your big boy pants and read things in future rather than blaming someone else for your mistakes
  • penners324
    penners324 Posts: 2,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It clearly states in the t&cs that uk cash withdrawals are chargeable, overseas cash withdrawals are not chargeable.

Nearly every credit card on the market charges for cash withdrawals.

And they all charge interest from the date of withdrawal.

Been using Tandem for 16 months now without problem. Cashback paid on time as well.

Have even used it overseas!!
  • difficultguy
    Options
    penners324 wrote: »
    It clearly states in the t&cs that uk cash withdrawals are chargeable, overseas cash withdrawals are not chargeable.

Nearly every credit card on the market charges for cash withdrawals.

And they all charge interest from the date of withdrawal.

Been using Tandem for 16 months now without problem. Cashback paid on time as well.

Have even used it overseas!!

It was an overseas money transaction. I did NOT use this card to withdraw cash from any ATM machine. I did NOT get any prior warning about charges.

I used other credit cards, none of other cards charges me before. AS a customer I have a genuine concern that since this company does NOT have any warning system, therefore anyone can get charged without prior notification.

I am pretty sure that company can either remove these charges or reinstate fee warning system.

Its like putting the trust and protection of customer before profit.
  • dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    I am pretty sure that company can either remove these charges or reinstate fee warning system.
    Precisely zero cards have a "fee warning system", how could such a thing possibly work?

If it was a cash-like transaction in a foreign currency then Tandem don't charge fees for this, but they do charge interest. Sterling cash advances attract fees and interest. This is clearly stated on the website, in the FAQs, in the T&Cs and on every statement...
  • darroch
    darroch Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    Applied for a tandem cash back card last Friday but was referred for further checks. Not received any communication. How long do I have to wait from other people’s experience?
  • yams
    yams Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've been waiting for about 8 weeks now. They already did the credit check and I have a savings account with them so it can't be for ID. They said they have a backlog so expect to wait a while!
  • darroch
    darroch Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    yams wrote: »
    I've been waiting for about 8 weeks now. They already did the credit check and I have a savings account with them so it can't be for ID. They said they have a backlog so expect to wait a while!

8 weeks? that’s shocking! The guy at Tandem is going to get in touch with the relevant team. Don’t know if that’ll make a difference.
  • yams
    yams Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It didn't with me but good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts