Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • paragon909
    • By paragon909 15th May 19, 8:24 PM
    • 1,406Posts
    • 1,398Thanks
    paragon909
    Monzo Bank Disgrace
    • 15th May 19, 8:24 PM
    Monzo Bank Disgrace 15th May 19 at 8:24 PM
    Monzo must be the worst so called "bank" in the UK. Every other normal bank that I have had issues with ATM withdrawals they dispute and refund. Oh no Monzo refuse to refund me saying it can take 3 months to investigate and give me 30 to shut up. Even though it's my ESA money. Idiots.

Think I'll need to find a normal bank and not these stupid prepaid or digital only banking. People demonise normal banks but at least they have more powers to refund you and help rather than letting you suffer. And the Monzo staff reply with funny faces, How patronising!
Page 2
    • JuicyJesus
    • By JuicyJesus 16th May 19, 1:36 PM
    • 3,481 Posts
    • 3,943 Thanks
    JuicyJesus
    Never heard of this sorry. In an ATM dispute every bank I have worked for just process a normal chargeback to recover the money unless the ATM is their own. There is no other mechanism I have heard of for disputing card transactions.
    Originally posted by jonnygee2
    Link withdrawals aren't "card transactions" in the sense of Visa/Mastercard transactions, which are indeed subject to chargeback. The banks you worked for may have referred to the Link disputes process as "chargeback", but it isn't the same, and works on a different basis entirely.

It is true that there is no evidential requirement for an ATM chargeback, because in most cases there will not be evidence, and none is needed because ATMs are built to accurately record non-dispenses,
    They often don't however, and notes that land in an ATM's purge bin don't tend to register, hence why the machine needs to be checked and balanced.

Also, as you point out many ATMs are not owned by banks, so how would interbank agreements be helpful?
    They're quite useful between banks. But then, by definition, not all ATM owners are covered by them.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,488Posts Today

6,156Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I once blurted out on @gmb "Theresa May hasn't been given a poisoned chalice - she's been given a poisoned chalice? https://t.co/onfRbY3XVg

• It'd be fascinating to know how history will judge Theresa May's premiership. Currently, it is hard to see it as a? https://t.co/eH77G0O9LA

• Are you secretly trying to tell us Geri is going to take over? Will she tell us what we want, what we really reall? https://t.co/MOxa0jzPD7

• Follow Martin