Kantar - Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel

Comments

• SuperMoose
    SuperMoose Posts: 302 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    SuperMoose wrote: »
    Me too :)

Still waiting for the one for the February survey. Have sent a message to ask where it is :cool:
    Just an update on this.

I got a message back to say a voucher would be sent within 7 days. It arrived this morning Special Delivery which I think means the postage cost more than the voucher is worth :cool::think:
    Please put out food and water for the birds and hedgehogs :)
  • General_Grant
    General_Grant Posts: 4,838 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I like the Love2Shop vouchers too, keep them for treats in the sales (recently bought a coat with £28 of them!). I see they're just going to be using the Perks site like a lot of other survey ones do. The only way this would improve things is if there is a Paypal option to change the points to cash.

I don't know that site but I suppose it is another organisation with which to share our personal details.
  • Purpleroses
    Purpleroses Posts: 4,125 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Paypal would be a good option but unlikely On this island its all franchises of the chains and they wont accept the vouchers! Just good to have options )
  • StumpyPumpy
    StumpyPumpy Posts: 1,458 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    I like the Love2Shop vouchers too, keep them for treats in the sales (recently bought a coat with £28 of them!). I see they're just going to be using the Perks site like a lot of other survey ones do. The only way this would improve things is if there is a Paypal option to change the points to cash.
    I might be completely wrong about this, but I seem to remember that Lightspeed use PerksWW for fulfilment and you can be paid in PayPal vouchers by Lightspeed. If I'm right then the possibility of a PayPal payment might be there. And I also seem to remember that people on the business side of the survey get paid via PayPal too. PayPal would be my preferred option. I'm sure someone with more accurate knowledge about this will correct me if I'm wrong.

I hope they aren't planning to phase out real vouchers in the longer term and just go online, or even worse: the dreaded Apps as neither I nor my partner have, or want, phones or other devices that run Apps. The Love2Shop vouchers have only recently become more useful to us as it is, when an Iceland opened up nearby. Previous to that the only shop remotely close that would accept them was Wilko's.

I'm sure lots of people will be jumping in the air in excitement over the proposed "new" store vouchers, but those are of little use for us. Stopped shopping at M&S years ago when the quality dropped to sub-Primark levels whilst maintaining the premium cost. Don't buy clothes on line so Asos is not much use, The nearest John Lewis is over 40 miles away and we don't buy enough from them online to make it worthwhile and iTunes and Amazon are a big no in this house too. I wonder if they have actually conducted any research into what their panel members across the country really want rather than what the twenty-somethings in the London office think they might want.
    I don't know that site but I suppose it is another organisation with which to share our personal details.
    To be honest, if you are worried about your personal details being shared, being on a postal panel where sharing personal details is fundamental to the operation of the survey is probably not a good place for you to be.

SP
    Come on people, it's not difficult: lose means to be unable to find, loose means not being fixed in place. So if you have a hole in your pocket you might lose your loose change.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I might be completely wrong about this, but I seem to remember that Lightspeed use PerksWW for fulfilment and you can be paid in PayPal vouchers by Lightspeed. If I'm right then the possibility of a PayPal payment might be there. And I also seem to remember that people on the business side of the survey get paid via PayPal too. PayPal would be my preferred option. I'm sure someone with more accurate knowledge about this will correct me if I'm wrong.

I hope they aren't planning to phase out real vouchers in the longer term and just go online, or even worse: the dreaded Apps as neither I nor my partner have, or want, phones or other devices that run Apps. The Love2Shop vouchers have only recently become more useful to us as it is, when an Iceland opened up nearby. Previous to that the only shop remotely close that would accept them was Wilko's.

I'm sure lots of people will be jumping in the air in excitement over the proposed "new" store vouchers, but those are of little use for us. Stopped shopping at M&S years ago when the quality dropped to sub-Primark levels whilst maintaining the premium cost. Don't buy clothes on line so Asos is not much use, The nearest John Lewis is over 40 miles away and we don't buy enough from them online to make it worthwhile and iTunes and Amazon are a big no in this house too. I wonder if they have actually conducted any research into what their panel members across the country really want rather than what the twenty-somethings in the London office think they might want.

To be honest, if you are worried about your personal details being shared, being on a postal panel where sharing personal details is fundamental to the operation of the survey is probably not a good place for you to be.

SP

Well I suppose basic research would show those companies are large users of RMs network.
  • jools1985
    jools1985 Posts: 325 Forumite
    Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud! First Post First Anniversary
    I received a letter with smart - sorry RFID which had the postmark date of 15/5/2007 today. There wee 2 postmarks and both were 2007. I recorded that date on the receiver entry. Bet they comw back and query that one
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,242 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    jools1985 wrote: »
    I received a letter with smart - sorry RFID which had the postmark date of 15/5/2007 today. There wee 2 postmarks and both were 2007. I recorded that date on the receiver entry. Bet they comw back and query that one

That took a wee while then :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 May 2019 at 1:27PM
    Chrisv wrote: »
    mail.jpg

Pleased the vouchers will include MKS. My hubby works for them and as such we get a 20% staff discount on purchases. So the vouchers will go a little further for us.

I tend to use the love vouchers in Wilkinsons. However sometimes they treat me as a second class citizen.
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,620 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    I must have missed something as I don't recall receiving or reading this information about the new way of distributing vouchers.
    Was it in the General Message section? I rarely have time to read that.
    I also do very little shopping online where I could use them and would actually prefer to still be offered the choice of paper vouchers.
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    The update (May 15) is on main page as you log in via the website.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure