House of Fraser falls into administration - MSE News

2»

Comments

• I have just paid for special delivery to send my gift card back to HOF because the post office teller told me PO wouldn't cover it if it was lost. They told me some woman said HOF were reimbursing postage - she read it off an article which is why I gave in. However I can find no reference to this online and fear I may have just shelled out £6.50 for no reason. Anyone had any word to this?
  • VT82
    VT82 Posts: 1,079 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I have just paid for special delivery to send my gift card back to HOF because the post office teller told me PO wouldn't cover it if it was lost. They told me some woman said HOF were reimbursing postage - she read it off an article which is why I gave in. However I can find no reference to this online and fear I may have just shelled out £6.50 for no reason. Anyone had any word to this?
    I doubt very much they will refund postage costs.

I plan to risk uninsured delivery personally for sending in my gift card with £80 of balance, but I just don't want to do it yet. I'm in the camp of 'why are they asking us to exchange them this way?' cynicism - if they are honouring it £ for £ with a new gift card valid at HoF, why the rigmarole? What aren't they telling us?
  • luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Is it possible to merge the two threads on the HOF??
  • I have £350 in House of Fraser e vouchers. Anyone ideas what I should do with these. I have them on an email from HoF
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Can someone from MSE please update? I've just seen this article and thread and have £30 in vouchers I'd like back or to spend. I don't know if I can send them to the address mentioned for a refund or reissue or can spend them as normal in the stores.

If anyone else has been to HoF since 4pm Tuesday the 14th and has any info it would be really helpful to let everyone know!
  • jenniewb wrote: »
    Can someone from MSE please update? I've just seen this article and thread and have £30 in vouchers I'd like back or to spend. I don't know if I can send them to the address mentioned for a refund or reissue or can spend them as normal in the stores.

If anyone else has been to HoF since 4pm Tuesday the 14th and has any info it would be really helpful to let everyone know!

I sent my £100 gift card back by recorded delivery almost immediately but haven’t heard a thing! Do we know how long we are expected to wait, the internet and HoF seem to have gone very quiet on the matter. I’m so disappointed as it was my 40th birthday present from my family :(
    Zopa: £1210.17 (£989.39) Santander: £1685.10 (£467.98)
    Barclaycard: £6402.79 (£6438.28) HMRC 1:705.69 (£696.89)
    HMRC 2: £1699.09 (£1677.89) Student Loan: £4569.51(£4476.51) Vanquis:£644.79 Tesco:£931.18 (Total debt up by £50.56)
    Make £10 a day challenge-May=£19.06
    Payment a day challenge=£316.37 so far
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    unethical wrote: »
    I sent my £100 gift card back by recorded delivery almost immediately but haven’t heard a thing! Do we know how long we are expected to wait, the internet and HoF seem to have gone very quiet on the matter. I’m so disappointed as it was my 40th birthday present from my family :(
    The thing is, even if we did know how long we were supposed to wait, I don't think anyone knows where or who we'd contact about finding out what is going on or demanding a refund anyway. I think we've all been screwed over and I don't think I'd be suprized if I were to find out they just binned all the letters send to the address we all sent our cards to.

We need to have someone start up a petition so brands can't do this sort of thing, and that promises to replace vouchers should be uphelpd and fines should be metered if they are ignoring customer requests- sent at their suggestion to send to them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure