MSE News: NatWest customers in lurch after meltdown

Comments

• Kat4w
    Kat4w Posts: 2 Newbie
    Thanks. I'll try to get there early!
  • butler_helen
    butler_helen Posts: 1,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    notts_phil wrote: »
    Well get to your branch which should be opening early prove its your payday and they will give you some cash :)

Didn't someone earlier say they were giving £300 max with "benefit of the doubt"? I think that's quite good going given the circumstances. the staff in my local branch looked frazzled but still cheery :)
    If you aim for the moon if you miss at least you will land among the stars!
  • My partner is not with natwest but his company are so we have not been paid what can we do. I was due yesterday so this is the second day with out money we have three small children so we need it xxx
  • SingleSue
    SingleSue Posts: 11,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Yes, it is not just Natwest customers in the lurch but also those with other banks who are due payments from people who are.
    We made it! All three boys have graduated, it's been hard work but it shows there is a possibility of a chance of normal (ish) life after a diagnosis (or two) of ASD. It's not been the easiest route but I am so glad I ignored everything and everyone and did my own therapies with them.
    Eldests' EDS diagnosis 4.5.10, mine 13.1.11 eekk - now having fun and games as a wheelchair user.
  • Sailmakers
    Sailmakers Posts: 94 Forumite
    Natwest are a shambles...
  • it sure is and I think its bad that we have all been left and if your not a natwest account holder you have no chance with lloyds they do not update over the weekend so we will have no money untill monday the earliest if we dont get it today its out of orderxx
  • Nuttyzebra
    Nuttyzebra Posts: 20 Forumite
    just checked my account was due child tax credits this morning.
    They haven't gone in, I'm showing a negative balance and 0 available balance.
    Does anyone know if you can still get funds out with this technical issue. I'm really worried about this.
    :o £2008 in 2008 member 669 :o
    wins so far - £5 Esprit voucher, £5 tool voucher, £8 Origins products
    £18 down £1990 to go
  • I've only been with NatWest a couple of months and in that time I have twice been unable to go into a branch and/or cash via ATM. Is this normal? I was with my last bank over 20 years and never had this kind of problem. I'm wondering if I should change my bank again.
  • Wyre
    Wyre Posts: 463 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I've only been with NatWest a couple of months and in that time I have twice been unable to go into a branch and/or cash via ATM. Is this normal? I was with my last bank over 20 years and never had this kind of problem. I'm wondering if I should change my bank again.

I've been with them for about 4 or 5 years and never had a problem until now, so it's not normal for them but it is also not ok for this to happen!
    Spam Reporter Extraordinaire

A star from Sue-UU is like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day!
    :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
  • kezbabybabe
    kezbabybabe Posts: 732 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Was due my wages this morning, of course my balance is still stuck on 19th June.

Also received the following text message from Natwest:
    Due to systems issues, any money credited to your account overnight may not appear on your balance this morning. We are working to fix and apologise for the inconvenience.

Really do hope they are able to fix this soon, they are not one of the better banks in my opinion and this clearly won't help their case.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure