Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Flybe ONLY

Options

Comments

• Karolka
    Karolka Posts: 71 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have now received a reply from Fly-be, and they said the flight was cancelled due to adverse weather so that was not "within control of the airline". I am still not convinced as other airlines were flying normally. Do I stand a chance or should i just give up now..
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    different aircraft can cope with different weather conditions. Flybe have a number of turboprops. BA and KLM have different aircraft that have different tolerances
  • Corony
    Options
    Flight from Exeter to Edinburgh on 21st January delayed by nearly 5 hours. Claim submitted on 22nd, payment made 1st Feb. No fuss at all.:j
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Corony wrote: »
    Flight from Exeter to Edinburgh on 21st January delayed by nearly 5 hours. Claim submitted on 22nd, payment made 1st Feb. No fuss at all.:j

Well done Corony,

You're one of the lucky few.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • matt1987
    matt1987 Posts: 897 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Booked a couple of nights break from Birmingham to Edinburgh. Meant to be returning today on the 1720 flight from Edinburgh jowver after a few hours of waiting around in the airport, My Return flight home was cancelled due to severe weather at Birmingham (snow).

Ticket desk say there is no space on flights tomorrow now so I’m on an early flight on Sunday! This means two nights in Edinburgh in a hotel. I understand that Flybe will cover reasonable costs? But what does this actually mean?

Most of the hotels around here have either no rooms due to the amount of cancellations, and those that have rooms are charging a bloody fortune! Iv managed to haggle this evenings room down to £100 and tomorrow’s room Iv managed to get at another hotel at £63... both have no breakfast!

Iv also had to pay for buses to get back from the airport to the City, and I’m going to have to fund an evening meal for tonight, and breakfast, lunch and dinner again tomorrow, plus drink!

Any one have any clue on what’s “reasonable”? I assume they expect me to go armed with receipts from Macdonalds or something when I claim? Never been in this position before! Luckily I have my credit card!!
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Matt,

Welcome to the club, im also stranded in Paris, with exactly the same predicament, Im normally found in the Jet2 thread, please read through the last few posts in there - those from Tyzap

But basically your entitled to transfers to and from the airport, meals and overnight accommodation courtesy of Flybe.

Keep all receipts and document everything that is happening. As long as you are sensible eat well but not extravagantly then that covers reasonable costs. If the price of accommodation has gone sky high - thats not your worry - its the airlines.

Strictly speaking you SHOULD NOT HAVE TO MAKE YOUR OWN ARRANGEMENTS!! The airline should be doing that for you.

Like I say links to the CAA and lots of info in the Jet2 thread.

Hope you get home soon.

Cheers,

NoviceAngel
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • matt1987
    Options
    Hi Matt,

Welcome to the club, im also stranded in Paris, with exactly the same predicament, Im normally found in the Jet2 thread, please read through the last few posts in there - those from Tyzap

But basically your entitled to transfers to and from the airport, meals and overnight accommodation courtesy of Flybe.

Keep all receipts and document everything that is happening. As long as you are sensible eat well but not extravagantly then that covers reasonable costs. If the price of accommodation has gone sky high - thats not your worry - its the airlines.

Strictly speaking you SHOULD NOT HAVE TO MAKE YOUR OWN ARRANGEMENTS!! The airline should be doing that for you.

Like I say links to the CAA and lots of info in the Jet2 thread.

Hope you get home soon.

Cheers,

NoviceAngel

Thanks NoviceAngel, that’s re-assuring to know. I will give the Jet2 thread a read now! I could think of worse places to spend the next couple of days!
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    No problem Matt, I can tell you now its bloomin cold at the top of the Eiffel Tower!
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • matt1987
    Options
    No problem Matt, I can tell you now its bloomin cold at the top of the Eiffel Tower!

It’s probably not much warmer here to be honest, although it’s very picturesque in the snow!
  • Pixiepants
    Options
    Hi
    Has anyone fallen foul of the FlyBe/Blue Island issue? Is it worth trying to contact either of them? Has anyone had an outcome other than 'not our responsibility'?
    We were booked on a Southampton/Guernsey flight, first plane out, last back.
    The 18:45 flight was cancelled at 19:00 due to 'A member of the crew feeling sick'. Particularly ironic as 2 hour earlier we had been surrounded by Blue Island pilots and crew as we had travelled to Guernsey for the funeral of our friend - an ex Blue Island pilot.
    They took us back round to rebook..and that was the ONLY help we received. The only representative was the poor girl rebooking, no management, no customer services, nobody from either FlyBe or Blue Island. All we were told is that they have no responsibility apart from rebooking as they're not under the EU regulations.
    When we mentioned we had teen at home the answer was "Don't you have a plan B?"...obviously this was not helpful coming from an airline with no plan B! We weren't even offered the use of a phone to sort things out.
    So we ended up paying for a hotel and our parking in the short stay car park doubled to £65 as we were 20 minutes into the next 24 hours - thanks for the show of compassion Southampton Airport Parking "no, nothing we can do".
    The worst bit was that my father died that evening while we were in a hotel room in Guernsey when we would have been by his side.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure