PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2017 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Comments

• silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Gonna change our utility supplier at the end of the month as it looks like we will shave a bit off the bill. I'm a bit of a spreadsheet nerd so read my meters every month and keep track - it does help when you know exactly how much you use in a year. I also keep track of the big bills - insurances, car tax etc and try to improve on the previous years payment - some can't be changed but it's amazing how often if you ask the question a bit more can be knocked off!
    Siebrie - yes rabbits are sociable animals but two bucks may fight as they get older - two females are fine but if you have one of each remember they can breed at a very young age!!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,073
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I'm clearing out the kitchen and utility room in preparation for the builders to start tomorrow (two days later than planned, but I'm sure they'll make up the time as I'm away at the weekend...). A few bits have been turfed out and will be taken up to the charity shop at some point, but surprisingly little needs to go.

My office, however, is another matter entirely.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Greenbee - is this the last lot of builders now? You must be near the end! Bet you won't know yourself when your house is just as you want it and all to yourself!!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,073
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Not quite the last lot... when this is done I'll have a break and then the kitchen needs fitting and some landscaping needs doing (the drive needs reshaping and some land drains putting in). But I need to save up for those!

Not sure what I'll do with myself then... (actually, I do - the new job will take up all the available time, so I think I'm going to have to find someone to do the mowing and some weeding otherwise the garden will become a jungle!)
  • Another round of kondo for me. Have started with clothes and did an hour tonight. I have about half a carrier bag of clothes (mostly socks!) for the bin, and another full of clothes to donate or sell. I’m going to be trying to sell a few bits to raise some funds, but knowing me I’ll get bored and donate the lot after a few weeks getting sick of the bags in pile.

Did anyone here try and sell kondo’d items? Did you hold onto them for long or move them on quickly to be able to enjoy your new space?
    19/12/14: Spent 10 years of savings!!
    :heart2: ..... to buy my first home. :heart2:
    11K OP 31.03.19

Current goal: €151,000 deposit Ireland and counting, to buy Spring 2022 we hope!
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    baibelle wrote: »
    Another round of kondo for me. Have started with clothes and did an hour tonight. I have about half a carrier bag of clothes (mostly socks!) for the bin, and another full of clothes to donate or sell. I’m going to be trying to sell a few bits to raise some funds, but knowing me I’ll get bored and donate the lot after a few weeks getting sick of the bags in pile.

Did anyone here try and sell kondo’d items? Did you hold onto them for long or move them on quickly to be able to enjoy your new space?

I do sell some items mainly on Eb*y - they go in a box or bag in spare room and have 3 outings on Eb*y then if no sale off to CS. Have sold a couple of things on FB and these have gone straight away - I thin if there wasnt as bite 24 hours I would take to CS :)
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • I just used up the end of a bottle of mouthwash and a tub of body scrub. I kept the tub and washed it out as it's handy to use as storage in my kitchen drawer.

I added another two cardigans to the charity shop donation bag. I kept hold of two more cardigans that I don't like and put them in my pyjama drawer as they provide another layer when it's cold weather.

I have put a jumper and two skirts at one end of my rail of clothes in the wardrobe that I am thinking of donating too. I will try them on before next week and then decide.

I had to pour away half a carton of almond milk as my husband hadn't used it within the week. I stopped drinking tea and so it's just been him putting milk on his cereal. I will make sure he doesn't do that again as it's such a waste!:mad:

Actually just went upstairs and decided to add the jumper, two skirts and another shirt to the donation bag. I need to get another bag as it's full up!

I put two books and an eyelash curler in there too.

I just counted and I still have 13 cardigans left, with the two in my pyjama drawer that makes 15. I am not a minimalist when it comes to cardigans. Haha.:o:D
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,887
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Eyelash curler... that reminds me that I have one of those, too. Worse: I cleaned out my make up drawer and actually put it back in! It needs to go!

Yesterday I picked up a rabbit cage, straw, etc. for €55 (GBP 45); all new, and the straw, etc. will last a few months, so that makes me happy. We also picked up the rabbits (yes, 2) and they are soooo cute and cuddly! They are already handtame, 12-week old brothers, and it's good that they are together, as I see them looking to each other for comfort. I smile every time I walk past the cage.
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
  • Siebrie wrote: »

We also picked up the rabbits (yes, 2) and they are soooo cute and cuddly! They are already handtame, 12-week old brothers, and it's good that they are together, as I see them looking to each other for comfort. I smile every time I walk past the cage.

How cute, what colours are they?:)
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,887
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    A tortoiseshell (light grey-beige-white) and a white one with a few black marks along his spine, their names are Prince and Max, named by my daughters. Last year's rabbit was 'Princess Cinderella' :D
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure