PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2018 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Comments

• noelphobic
    noelphobic Posts: 2,297 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    noelphobic wrote: »
    Forgot
    53) suit jacket - to charity shop

54) spray oil
    55) hair removal cream

both binned

56/57) car air fresheners, still in sealed bags
    58) tablecloth
    59) handbag
    60) sat nav holder
    61) jumper
    62) dominos
    63/71) books
    72) ruler
    73) perfume
    74) top
    75) microwaveable wheat bag
    76) telephone adaptor
    77) duvet
    78/81) mini perfumes

All the above to charity doorstep collection - a genuine one, I know some aren't.

I live in hope of getting past the stage of it getting worse before it gets better. Bring on better :rotfl:
    3 stone down, 3 more to go

• I have to say,also ,MrsS,that after your last post mentioning Isle of Dogs,I had to have a bit of a google,cos I had never heard the name before.I was wondering where that island could be :o.What a cool-looking area,built on the bend of the river.
    See,even after 18 years living here,I am still a tourist :rotfl::rotfl:.

Hi Saver-upper,

If I still watched ‘Eas..nders’ I would practically see my house!

I will count the items already in cs bag, one is full & the 2nd has been started (even though not yet out of the house)

52 - 68 Books
    69 Ceramic Stilton Pot
    70 - 75 Photo Frames
    76 Domed Silver Coloured Biscuit Tin
    77 Cocktail Drinks Stirrer & Prong Set
    78 - 81 Pastry Cutters
    82 - 85 Spice Jars
    86 Draw-string Washbag

Finally started on Bathroom decluttering

87 Mouthwash bottle - Recycled
    88 Ancient contents of a glass bottle flushed away
    89 Glass bottle rinsed & recycled
    90 Torn shower cap binned

91 - 93 Large cardboard boxes broken down & put in recycling bin (which is now full)

Good job collection day is tomorrow.

To a clutter free 2018.

MrsSD:)
    93/2018
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Bluegreen143
    Bluegreen143 Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    First two items today -

1. Bag of ball pit balls (why on earth did I think these would add to my son’s life?!)
    2. Two child’s clothes hangers
    Part time working mum | Married in 2014 | DS born 2015 & DD born 2018 | Allegedly attempting to be mortgage free - diary here
  • Pile of papers shredded
    151/2018
  • 94 - 95 Toiletries binned

MrsSD
    95/2018

Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Out of the loft:
    26-27:2 incomplete lego sets.They were stored in the loft for years (about 7 :o),until I was decluttering it in September.Since then ,they have been in my front room while I decide what to do with them :D.And I have spent far too long trying to assemble the kits,to see what pieces are missing.When I found there were lots of pieces missing,I felt bad about simply chucking in the bin,so wasn't sure what to do with them-wasn't sure a charity shop would want incomplete sets,and I didn't want to send to landfill.
    Just before Christmas I realised that one of my customers (cleaning business) had 2 sons who owned a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge bag of lego.The bag was so big,full of loose bits of lego.So when I went around to their house today,I left the sets,with a note to say I would love you to have these for your boys,but if it is just more clutter for you,either donate,take to school (that she works in),or give back to me.Tonight she sent me a lovely text saying the boys loved it,so that is a definite win :j.
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• Out of the loft:
    26-27:2 incomplete lego sets.They were stored in the loft for years (about 7 :o),until I was decluttering it in September.Since then ,they have been in my front room while I decide what to do with them :D.And I have spent far too long trying to assemble the kits,to see what pieces are missing.When I found there were lots of pieces missing,I felt bad about simply chucking in the bin,so wasn't sure what to do with them-wasn't sure a charity shop would want incomplete sets,and I didn't want to send to landfill.
    Just before Christmas I realised that one of my customers (cleaning business) had 2 sons who owned a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge bag of lego.The bag was so big,full of loose bits of lego.So when I went around to their house today,I left the sets,with a note to say I would love you to have these for your boys,but if it is just more clutter for you,either donate,take to school (that she works in),or give back to me.Tonight she sent me a lovely text saying the boys loved it,so that is a definite win :j.

What a kind thing to do, Saver-upper, and isn’t it a great feeling to avoid landfill!

• Seaotter
    Seaotter Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have had a slow start to the year in decluttering, but had a bit of a burst yesterday. I'm aiming for 6 things per day, but didn't manage my first 6 until 5 January. Another 6 on 6th but a whopping 37 yesterday thanks to DD helping me tidy up a big pile of junk in the utility room. Always take to CS where I can, if not recycle, if not bin.

1 broken Christmas decoration
    2 earrings to CS
    3 two glasses to CS
    4 recycled contents of bangs left over from wedding fair last spring
    5 broken clothes brush
    6 old catalogue
    7 old magazine mailing
    8 useless packaging
    9 letter from council dated July 2015
    10 folder from conference
    11 contents of above folder
    12 broken glass
    13 shirt with collar worn out
    14 jam pot lid
    15 32 (roughly) things in utility room - empty cleaning bottles, old cloths etc
    47 laptop bag, worn out
    48 shoe box
    49 palm cross
    Declutter our home in 2024
    Lose weight in 2024
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,670 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Out of the loft:

Great result! :T:T

In case anyone else comes across incomplete Leg0 sets, never just throw it away - it will sell in incomplete state - Leg0 sells by weight on Flebay and even Mus1cMagp1e (or somewhere similar) Plus any Leg0 fanatic will always be glad of seemingly random items :):D
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Mrs_Salad_Dodger Posts: 4,884 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 11 January 2018 at 1:40PM
    Hi everyone,

One double kitchen cupboard sorted, so

96 Tiny glass pot recycled
    97 - 101 Glass Spice Jars to cs
    102 Small ceramic plate to cs
    103 - 143 Tin of cake decorating bits to great niece
    144 M&S Flour Sifter to great niece or cs

145 - 146 Magazines read & recycled

Now I am sitting down with a coffee & ‘girding my loins’ for the ‘assault’ on the bathroom:o

To a clutter free 2018

MrsSD
    146/2018

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure