Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Miserable rainy day here. But just enjoyed a Toby breakfast courtesy of my droids and now drinking coffee, hoping for the rain to pass so I can venture to M&S.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I am wondering if Daves ship set off on time last night.
    Another cunard ship doing a transatlantic delayed setting off until this morning.
    One of the P & O ships Ventura is 3 hours late getting into Southampton, now arriving at 12 - I wonder what happens if you have train tickets booked or flights booked, Have to purchase new on the day tickets, very expensive. THe taxis firms will know anyway even if you cant get a signal to ring them.
    The new ones due to board have also been given delayed boarding times - by text. The ones that came down last night will be evicted from their hotels at 12 and will be waifs and strays for a few hours. They are getting an added £15 on board credit which is something ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    HILLBERN wrote: »
    any idea if the biscuits will work today?? im assuming not??

As I understand it, comparison stays live for 7 days after going OOS. Last reported in stock I think was last Thursday so buy at own risk.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • diluvsdiscounts
    Options
    Good morning all

10373802_10152831820470560_7662338450056110177_n.png?w=600

Love this, this is my mantra for 2018. After Froctober I kind of stuck with it. I didn't over buy for Christmas so we don't have mounds of stuff to get through.
    I did think the mullers might be good for my diet but no mullers would be even better so not bothering.
    I'm supposed to be having my op on 12th January but I've been full of cold since before Christmas so I'm just off to the doc's to see if I need some anti biotic. Apparently there is a concern that because the op could take up to 16 hours there's a risk of pneumonia :( happy days, watch this space. I'm on my 4th nsd of the year :j
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    ChelseaFred is pipping his horn. Off to the salad mountain:D

I will do my best today to walk more steps than the meagre amount I did yesterday and also drink no alcohol......:)
    Dont get the salad mountain reference with you. I get what CF is on about as its where he work. Or is this some sort of slang for the word work :idea: :o:)

Good luck with the steps. I cant even seem to reach my target of 7000 a day :o:o:o Wonder if how you set the stride setting affects the number of steps.

Morning all :wave:
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    Talking about overbuying, I got a few "flutter" things from Superdrug yesterday, double packs of lip balm and hand cream, 49p a piece. That is Christmas sorted for 3 of my BF's girls :D
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • pk04
    pk04 Posts: 2,998 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    HILLBERN wrote: »
    morning all,
    wet and dreary here today:(

im having trouble printing the princes ..it prints on 2 pages the main coupon on page 1 and the date on page 2.
    I have gone on to preferences and altered the size, the default for this coupon is letter, I changed it to A4 and also a smaller size but it still prints on 2 pages
    Any advice on how to get the date at the bottom of the coupon please?

I had this issue last time on one of the browsers (I use IE and Chrome) so I swapped to the other and it was fine

Morning everyone :)
    There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne ... Bette Davis
  • marmitelovemehateme
    marmitelovemehateme Posts: 3,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 4 January 2018 at 12:02PM
    Options
    ROCKINGHAM wrote: »
    Morning all - a touch of blue sky out there. Washing on and need to take Xmas decs down. Hate it cos the house looks all cold and gloomy afterwards.

Need help as downstairs I have light fittings on a double dimmer switch but I have now used all my old type 40w light bulbs. Light fittings have shades on them which fit over the bulb. What bulbs can I buy now to replace them. Read that some are not suitable for a double dimmer.

Appreciate any advice. TIA

Hopefully I can up my step count today as well :)

Have a great one xx

ROCKINGHAM

Best to read the packaging to see if any lamp is suitable for use with your dimmer switch.....Most energy saving lamps will flicker on a dimmer switch....

Also, It may be worth considering upgrading your dimmer switch to a compatible switch....which will cope with the low electrical loads of these lamps...

A bit of unconnected information too....In case anyone has LEDs or energy saving lamps....These can interfere with Radio reception and also the TV controls if they are anywhere near the electrical item...I had a problem with my TV once when I put a lamp close the the TV.....The controls stopped working...Changed the batteries ect but still no use...I had bought new controls which still didn't work....Then the penny dropped....:o...Moved the lamp and hey presto...two working controls...:rotfl:

O and whilst on the subject....Don't have your phone to close to your modem....This can reduce the wireless reception in the house...

Hope this helps
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Claire1972
    Claire1972 Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    Options
    biscuits worked. I bought 12 mullers but only 11 on receipt. i bought 11 toffee and 1 strawberry!!!

17 items (5 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda waitrose
    1x McVitie's Victoria Carton (600g) £3.00 £1.00
    10x Muller Light Fat Free Toffee Yogurt (1x175g) £6.80 £5.18
    0.19x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.14 N/A
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) £0.10 N/A
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 N/A
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) £0.10 N/A
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Strawberry Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.68
    1x ASDA Three Cheese & Garlic Flatbread (265g) £1.00 N/A
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 N/A
    4x McVitie's Family Circle (670g) £8.00 £3.00
    1x Starburst Fruit Sweets (45g) £0.60 £0.60
    Comparison total (compared products only) £19.08 £10.46
    +£8.62 cheaper
    We're just happy to have a home, a family and our health. Whatever else is just added and it fits. :)
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Options
    pacifica9 wrote: »
    No, once initially activated and you have the code, you can swap to any sim and priorities will still work.

Cheers and hope you feel better today
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport