Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Grace7
    • By Grace7 10th Jan 19, 10:32 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Grace7
    PIP - paper based assessment
    • 10th Jan 19, 10:32 PM
    PIP - paper based assessment 10th Jan 19 at 10:32 PM
    I applied for PIP at the beginning of December. I have schizophrenia and am detained under the mental health act on a community based order. I received a text from PIP this week to say that they have received my assessment. This made me confused as I haven't had an assessment. I phoned up and the advisor explained that I've had a paper based assessment. I'm worried now that I haven't had the chance to explain myself and tell Atos about my experiences. Is having a paper based assessment a good or bad thing? I didn't even know they exist. When I sent my original form I enclosed all my recent mental health tribunal papers, there was quite a lot of evidence. Thank you.
Page 1
    • Newly retired
    • By Newly retired 10th Jan 19, 11:22 PM
    • 2,403 Posts
    • 2,816 Thanks
    Newly retired
    • 10th Jan 19, 11:22 PM
    • 10th Jan 19, 11:22 PM
    Obviously I canít be sure, but it looks highly likely that you will get a decision in your favour, without a face to face assessment, as the medical evidence is compelling. Letís hope so, but you will know once you get the decision. If you are not happy with the decision, you can challenge it, time limit one month from the date on the letter.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 10th Jan 19, 11:38 PM
    • 4,211 Posts
    • 4,020 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 10th Jan 19, 11:38 PM
    • 10th Jan 19, 11:38 PM
    A paper based assessment doesn't mean anything other than a face to face wasn't needed. It doesn't mean you've been successful with your claim.

You can ring DWP and ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision likely to be as they mostly go with the report.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

750Posts Today

7,654Users online

Martin's Twitter