Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kdalwayskint
    • By kdalwayskint 2nd Mar 18, 11:40 PM
    • 603Posts
    • 1,731Thanks
    kdalwayskint
    2019 Wedding
    • 2nd Mar 18, 11:40 PM
    2019 Wedding 2nd Mar 18 at 11:40 PM
    I was looking for a post for any 2019 weddings but couldn't find one!

We've been together since May 2009 and engaged since January 2010. H2B got a nice bonus at Christmas so now is able to pay for his divorce and have a nice amount to go towards the wedding. I'm saving my half.

I think we are aiming for a budget of 3000 but going to save around 4000. We're hoping to have all the money saved by December.

We've been looking at venue's and other things we're being realistic and not booking anything until the divorce comes through, but hoping we'll know exactly what we want so that we can get on and book things when it does.

Hoping to catch up with any other 2019 brides/grooms

April
    6th - KDC

May
    24th - kdalwayskint
    25th - elleJay42

June
    29th - SavingAFuture

September
    7th - IvysMom
    20th - apricity

October
    5th - Devonbiker
    18th - Cookieie
    19th - Roo89
    26th - FloProActiv

November
    7th - BeckyAP
    30th - pinkflump

December
    30th - FanDango
    Last edited by kdalwayskint; 28-12-2018 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Added dates :)
    Saving for Christmas 2019 ~ 37/365
    Wedding Fund 1500/1500
    Car Fund 408.60/5000
    DFW Nerd #1155
    LBM 25/2/09 Debt at highest 8,037.35 now 0
    Credit Card 1680/2500
Page 12
    • IvysMom
    • By IvysMom 19th Dec 18, 12:46 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    IvysMom
    Congratulations FloProActiv

I have been looking at JJ's House at wedding dresses but was a bit dubious about buying online. Thank you for posting it has helped me have confidence to buy from them.
    • FloProActiv
    • By FloProActiv 20th Dec 18, 8:13 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    FloProActiv
    Thanks IvysMom

Good luck with JJ's House. I ummed and ahhed for ages before ordering, chase I'd seen lots of mixed reviews online, but decided to take the risk, and my experience was really positive - ordered on a Monday evening and it had arrived on the Thursday, and it's a really nice dress. Plus didn't have to pay any customs/import fees which I was worried about. Hopefully even with alterations it'll come in cheaper than a lot of high street wedding dresses (paid 155 including postage).
    • apricity
    • By apricity 25th Dec 18, 9:01 PM
    • 154 Posts
    • 462 Thanks
    apricity
    FloProActiv , Congrats!
    That's awesome.

I owed about 400 to my wedding fund,
    I managed to get it down to only having 87 left to put in now
    as I got paid early and just chucked it into my savings.

* We got the bar sorted & temporary event liscence sorted too
    * Got most of our registry form completed it's now just who he wants as best man,
    * assembly and exit song to choose as well as my bridal party.
    * I need to ask my mum & his mum if they could be our witnesses as I'd love to include them both.
    * My friend from a previous work is doing my make up for 80 and hair possibly.
    * Starting to design some wedding signage on the computer for tables etc.
    * me and my future hubs sat down together in a bar and discussed a lot of wedding ideas , Most came from him (i was so impressed)

I'm hoping to get a rough idea for numbers for the evening reception whilst we are away as we need to book the caterers soon . I'm also looking for dress ideas. I wasn't going to get a white dress but I've seen a few i liked and i'd definatly regret not having a proper wedding dress. I spoke to the future hubs about if i see a dress can I use the 500 that his mum and dad gave us and he said yes. "it's there for the extra money we need or if we go over or if you want to buy something for the wedding" so I'm a happy girly.
    Even if i just go dress shopping .

How long should i wait until i go dress shopping?

We've had a rough month with the 2 of us. had some pretty heated arguments and almost ended the engagement again. Seems to be all good and judging my christmas present, he does want me lol
    (it was a large wedding day yankee candle)

Hope everyone is doing well with planning &
    MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL x
    Wedding 20.09.19 1,500/2500 (spent 767.46 / 232.54 left to save) | Xmas 2019 11.11 | Emergency fund 28.29| SPC #017 0.00 | VSPC ### 8.13
    • kdalwayskint
    • By kdalwayskint 28th Dec 18, 11:23 PM
    • 603 Posts
    • 1,731 Thanks
    kdalwayskint
    Congratulations FloProActiv, I've added you to the first post

Apricity - Christmas can be a stressful time, let alone planning a wedding! Hugs to you x

We've worked out what the girls will wear, navy blue jumpsuits with full length trousers H2B likes the one that I found when I went to Bath a few weeks ago, and they want to wear silver sparkly shoes.

We got some cash for Christmas, much more than we expected so we are going to spend a bit on the wedding and are going to go on a honeymoon too, we'd already planned to have the week after the wedding off work but now we'll be able to go away somewhere now

We're both feeling a bit on the fat side from Christmas so definitely ready for our wedding diet

Ready to ramp up the wedding planning

Catch you soon x
    Wedding Fund 1500/1500
    Car Fund 408.60/5000
    DFW Nerd #1155
    Credit Card 1680/2500
    • apricity
    • By apricity 29th Dec 18, 1:41 PM
    • 154 Posts
    • 462 Thanks
    apricity
    I'm feeling on the fat side too! Plus i'm due on so feeling extra plumpy lol

Trying to do some wedding planning today as his parents + Bro are at work until later so it's just us.
    I'm trying to sort music out for our ceremony but he's flittering between doing stuff and Tv so he's finding it hard to concentrate... much to my annoyance but not going to nag him.

We chose an exit song for the ceremony ;
    Counting Crows - Accidentally in love

And today I purchased a wedding jumpsuit from A.sos online for 42,
    my m.i.l.2.b suggested i wear a jumpsuit instead as she knows i've been struggling
    to find dresses i like. They all look the same and not special to me.
    Here's my jumpsuit ;

hoping it fits nicely.

I've decided on my bridesmaids.
    My sister, my friend and my 3 younger cousins.
    I need to ask the 3 cousins if they want to be bridesmaids first though before i write them down.
    Wedding 20.09.19 1,500/2500 (spent 767.46 / 232.54 left to save) | Xmas 2019 11.11 | Emergency fund 28.29| SPC #017 0.00 | VSPC ### 8.13
    • kdalwayskint
    • By kdalwayskint 31st Dec 18, 3:54 PM
    • 603 Posts
    • 1,731 Thanks
    kdalwayskint
    apricity that looks really pretty.

My sweet jars have arrived from Azon, 19 jars that came with a 2 x tongs and 2 x scoops,and 100 paper bags for 22.

We need to sort the ceremony words out and the music, we have a couple of songs in mind.

How's everyone else getting on?
    Wedding Fund 1500/1500
    Car Fund 408.60/5000
    DFW Nerd #1155
    Credit Card 1680/2500
    • apricity
    • By apricity 31st Dec 18, 7:06 PM
    • 154 Posts
    • 462 Thanks
    apricity
    slllloooowwwwllly going through our to do list.

I purchased proper sweetie bags to use alongside the favor boxes and pretty washi tape so people can tape their bags shut.

Got our witnesses sorted, 1 cousin got back to me and wants to be a bridesmaid.
    I messaged my other auntie to ask if my 2 cousins want to be bridesmaids but i've not had an answer in 3 days so i'm actually feeling down about it ...

I've just wrote out the list of everyone for catering numbers and have asked my parents if i missed anyone but they said the list is okay & just up to me.

Starting to get really nice ideas for different parts of the wedding and am looking forward to our candy bar , star wars vs alice in wonderland theme ...

doing well with budget. need to check with the fiance with his finances and see how much he has left to save etc.
    • kdalwayskint
    • By kdalwayskint 4th Jan 19, 10:01 PM
    • 603 Posts
    • 1,731 Thanks
    kdalwayskint
    Hi guys.

Had my hair trimmed today. Haven't had it done since the end of December 2017 - I had grown it to donate to the little princess trust and had 18 inches cut off a few days later H2B said about getting married and so I've been growing it again! I've had my hair done by the same lady for about 10 years but she will be on holiday in the day of my wedding there is another lady that can do hair up, so I've booked in for 10:00 on the wedding day and having a trial a month before. How are you all getting on with hair/ make up plans? I'm still not sure how I want my hair to be, I've been looking on Pinterest but not inspired by anything
    Wedding Fund 1500/1500
    Car Fund 408.60/5000
    DFW Nerd #1155
    Credit Card 1680/2500
    • apricity
    • By apricity 5th Jan 19, 10:59 AM
    • 154 Posts
    • 462 Thanks
    apricity
    I'm not sure how to have my hair , at the moment its short - just a little longer than a pixie cut.
    Not sure on make up either as i've never been interested much in it & have no clue what to go for.
    my friend is doing it for 80 (I was looking to pay 200 for someone else)

I've got a few ideas off pinterest but not a lot that really 'wows' me.
    • HampshireH
    • By HampshireH 6th Jan 19, 4:48 PM
    • 1,288 Posts
    • 1,580 Thanks
    HampshireH
    Hey all! We are newly engaged and aoming for a 2019 wedding. We are venue hunting and our date will be dependant on venue and registrar availability.

Literally don't know where to start and hoping to find a reasonably priced venue with a fairly comprehensive package so we won't have to think about too much. All on a budget. *fingers crossed*
    • kdalwayskint
    • By kdalwayskint 7th Jan 19, 8:52 PM
    • 603 Posts
    • 1,731 Thanks
    kdalwayskint
    Congratulations HampshireH

Are you in Hampshire? There are some beautiful venues in Hampshire.

This weekend I spent most of my time making my bouquet, not finished yet just need to do a couple of tweaks and add a few bits.

We've got a meeting at our reception venue on Thursday evening. We want to look at the room to see how we can have the tables. Also talk to the chef about meal choices.

I wanted to buy the outfits for the girls this weekend but H2B says we should leave it a bit longer in case they grow, they are aged 13 & 11 so I guess it's a possibility!

How's everyone getting on?
    Wedding Fund 1500/1500
    Car Fund 408.60/5000
    DFW Nerd #1155
    Credit Card 1680/2500
    • IvysMom
    • By IvysMom 8th Jan 19, 1:11 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    IvysMom
    Hi all

Quick update. Notice of marriage appointment booked for 15th Feb and ring shopping with H2B the same day. One bridesmaid dress purchased online, just waiting for it to arrive. It was only 13 inc P&P so keeping my fingers crossed that it will be nice. Arranging to go wedding dress shopping with friends at the end of Feb.

Its all starting to feel real now
    • apricity
    • By apricity 8th Jan 19, 11:00 PM
    • 154 Posts
    • 462 Thanks
    apricity
    I'm hitting that "It's getting real" stage.

Caterer booked, It's a buffet for 390 for 120 people,
    includes a lot of food compared to the others I have found at higher prices.

needing to arrange a day to go dress shopping - Jumpsuit was poor quality and very unflattering.

Congrats, HampshireH .
    Welcome to the thread + hope we can help

kdalwayskint, I Agree with your fella to wait for a bit longer. Kids grow so fast!
    I hope the viewing + choosing food goes well!!
    • kdalwayskint
    • By kdalwayskint 9th Jan 19, 9:54 PM
    • 603 Posts
    • 1,731 Thanks
    kdalwayskint
    OMG! Looking for a wedding car now! Quite early on in our planning we were offered a vw beetle from H2B friend but they have now sold it. We hadn't really thought about a car before, worst case I can drive myself!

Any of you having odd dreams? Had a weird one Saturday night!

Hope everyone is getting on ok
    Wedding Fund 1500/1500
    Car Fund 408.60/5000
    DFW Nerd #1155
    Credit Card 1680/2500
    • BeckyAP
    • By BeckyAP 10th Jan 19, 3:35 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    BeckyAP
    Hello ladies!!

Welcome to everyone that's new - gosh I can safely say it's soo exciting planning a wedding.
    So far we have -
    Sorted out the day guests and save the dates have arrived with us. Just need to update & post out
    Wedding website (which we're using instead of invites) I think is nearly done so that can go live soon. Asking people to RSVP by 31st August which should be enough time - getting married on 7th November
    Bought my wedding ring - more than I wanted to spend but I adore it!
    Started the order for my OH's suit - he's going for a bespoke suit so costly but I'm sure he's going to look wonderful in it. And you know what, we work bloody hard for this so lets have a nice time!
    Honeymoon idea - sorted! We're doing a couple of long weekends away in Europe after the wedding like once a month. Paris is booked for straight after the wedding and then Berlin in December for the Christmas markets then who knows next year
    Seamstress found - meet with her in September to start on the alterations. I don't really want to pay for that out of the "wedding fund" so scrimping and saving for me to cover that.

Meet with the venue dressers on Saturday to get an idea of what we need to hire and costs of decorations etc. but so far I think we're on track with the budget.
    Have made the numbers smaller in terms of guests etc. but I was probably being overly generous the first time round. Would I really buy that person dinner normally? Is what I keep saying to myself!

Happy wedding planning all!!!!
    • HampshireH
    • By HampshireH 12th Jan 19, 9:10 PM
    • 1,288 Posts
    • 1,580 Thanks
    HampshireH
    Thankyou for the warm welcome!

We have sorted our guest list for day and evening. Not doing save the dates just really early invites due to invites going abroad (inc oz so need plenty of confirmation rather than just a save thr date)

Dress bought today in true MSE style and saved 1k on the label price as it was in the sale. It was also exactly what I wanted, was the 3rd on the rail and in the right size. Definitely fate. Also shoes with 20% off in Debenhams!

Calling registar monday to sound out dates for september this year. Been a busy weekend & could be quite a productive one too if the registrar has the date we would like available.
    • LeighLovesCake
    • By LeighLovesCake 15th Jan 19, 12:44 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    LeighLovesCake
    Just Joined
    Me and my partner marry on the 8th of December and we're a really relaxed day with a registry office and then just a massive party. We really want to save money so I'm looking forward to seeing what people post so I can try and save every penny!

So far we've book venue for evening do and also booked our photographer Adam Lowndes - Photography It was important we had someone based near us in staffordshire were we live.

Our Cake is being made by Exceedingly Good Cakes also. I think I'm getting a little excited with my first post! ARGHHHHHHHH!
    • BeckyAP
    • By BeckyAP 16th Jan 19, 8:19 AM
    • 44 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    BeckyAP
    I think the biggest MSE Tip from us on cost saving is the number of guests.
    By shaving 10 off the total we managed to save nearly 400 which has been handy to go towards everything else.

But I'm also of the mindset that I'm only going to do this once, so I'm not going to scrimp on something thats important - which is how the OH has ended up with a bespoke suit!
    • Devonbiker
    • By Devonbiker 18th Jan 19, 10:48 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Devonbiker
    Well we're back on the planning band wagon again after getting Christmas out of the way!
    Weirdly, the thing that is stressing me out the most at the moment is the invitations.
    I'm fairly adamant I want to do them myself, to save some money but I want them done by June and I don't really know what I want yet!
    Me and OH have a weekend of planning planned this weekend. He hasn't even started looking for his suit or ushers suits yet!
    Also started looking at hair and make up artists, well, dont they charge a pretty penny!
    Because the bridesmaids are travelling 200+ plus to attend the wedding, I have said I will pay for all their outfits and hair and make up!
    Also the venue dressing, planning to do this myself, have been looking on ebay and other places to try and buy used bits but often not quite the right colour or not quite the right number of items for the number of tables etc.
    hope I'm not bald by the time October is here, having pulled all of my hair out!

AND I have started diet and exercise regime, have run 3 times a week for the last couple of weeks and started calorie counting!

I cant wait to be married but also cant wait for it to be over and done with!

I havent even mentioned the pain in the ar*e family members and people causing issues about cost of hotel and menu choices!

Roll on the 6th of October 2019!! X-D
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,422Posts Today

8,555Users online

Martin's Twitter