Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sayj
    • By Sayj 8th Jan 19, 11:46 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sayj
    Pip Review timescales
    • 8th Jan 19, 11:46 PM
    Pip Review timescales 8th Jan 19 at 11:46 PM
    Just had a quick question to put my mind at ease
    Have submitted an AR1 review form for my pip back in October which was received on 26th Oct but still no update.
    I have spoke to pip section few times over the course but still sat to be checked by decision maker if it needs to be forwarded to IAS or not.
    I have been on pip for 2 years but prior dla for 7 years for depression anxiety panic attacks agoraphobia and suicidal attempts and have always had paper based assessments.

Would like to hear from peoples experiences who may have submitted recently for their reviews and their feedbacks timescales etc etc...

I'm currently so stressed and just want it over with
    There has been no change in my circumstances but I think I've read to much horror stories about people's reviews that I've become a wreck
Page 1
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 9th Jan 19, 7:31 AM
    • 4,213 Posts
    • 4,021 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 9th Jan 19, 7:31 AM
    • 9th Jan 19, 7:31 AM
    Just had a quick question to put my mind at ease
    Have submitted an AR1 review form for my pip back in October which was received on 26th Oct but still no update.
    I have spoke to pip section few times over the course but still sat to be checked by decision maker if it needs to be forwarded to IAS or not.
    I have been on pip for 2 years but prior dla for 7 years for depression anxiety panic attacks agoraphobia and suicidal attempts and have always had paper based assessments.

Would like to hear from peoples experiences who may have submitted recently for their reviews and their feedbacks timescales etc etc...

I'm currently so stressed and just want it over with
    There has been no change in my circumstances but I think I've read to much horror stories about people's reviews that I've become a wreck
    Originally posted by Sayj
    All forms/evidence are forwarded to the health assessment providers. DWP don't decide whether to forward them or not.

Whether you have a paper based assessment or a face to face a report still needs to be written and DWP don't do this.

As you only returned the form at the end of Oct that's not long at all. You have to take into consideration the Christmas/New Year closing days too.

There's no time scales for reviews or decisions. It depends on backlog in your area. I returned my daughters form a week after you but haven't heard anything about that yet either.

As it's a review your money will continue until a decision's been made. Hopefully not too long.
    • _shel
    • By _shel 9th Jan 19, 7:35 AM
    • 1,729 Posts
    • 3,137 Thanks
    _shel
    • 9th Jan 19, 7:35 AM
    • 9th Jan 19, 7:35 AM
    I was told there's a 19 week delay for me when I phoned them so either sit tight or phone for an estimate.
    • Sayj
    • By Sayj 9th Jan 19, 7:59 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sayj
    • 9th Jan 19, 7:59 AM
    • 9th Jan 19, 7:59 AM
    Really didn't know that it goes to the medical agency regardless as I've read in the guidelines with reviews it is first looked at by a DM to try make a decision themselves first and to also save costs and time

When I last spoke to someone was advised timescales are average 12 weeks but if it is still sat there on a DM desk I pretty much doubt there was any truth in what i was told by the agent
    • Sayj
    • By Sayj 9th Jan 19, 8:02 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sayj
    • 9th Jan 19, 8:02 AM
    • 9th Jan 19, 8:02 AM
    @_shel 19 week delay really?? What area are you from if you don't mind me asking?
    I'm from West Yorkshire and when I spoke to them in November I was told 5 week delay approx but that I would hear something by first week of January but nothing
    • _shel
    • By _shel 9th Jan 19, 8:18 AM
    • 1,729 Posts
    • 3,137 Thanks
    _shel
    • 9th Jan 19, 8:18 AM
    • 9th Jan 19, 8:18 AM
    @_shel 19 week delay really?? What area are you from if you don't mind me asking?
    I'm from West Yorkshire and when I spoke to them in November I was told 5 week delay approx but that I would hear something by first week of January but nothing
    Liverpool. It's been 11 weeks already and she said 19 more last week.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 9th Jan 19, 8:31 AM
    • 4,213 Posts
    • 4,021 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 9th Jan 19, 8:31 AM
    • 9th Jan 19, 8:31 AM
    Really didn't know that it goes to the medical agency regardless as I've read in the guidelines with reviews it is first looked at by a DM to try make a decision themselves first and to also save costs and time
    The health assessment advisory always write the report, so it has to be sent to them. The decision make relies heavily on that and usually goes with the recommendations in there.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,130Posts Today

8,337Users online

Martin's Twitter