IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

June 2018 - start of the new PPC and DVLA fightback (GDPR related)

Comments

• abedegno
    abedegno Posts: 177 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 4 June 2018 at 6:48AM
    When an ANPR camera calculates that the arrival/exit times exceed the permitted time or that a ticket matching the VRM wasn!!!8217;t purchased - are currently automated decisions without human involvement?
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    To add to the mix the DVLA will be knowingly releasing info to the PPC's who are not complying with Article 13 of GDPR

Double whammy

The ICO has a pretty good track record of fining Govt departments for breaching DPA
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,287 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    abedegno wrote: »
    When an ANPR camera calculates that the arrival/exit times exceed the permitted time or that a ticket matching the VRM wasn’t.purchases are currently automated decisions without human involvement?

Yes, even though the BPA CoP says:
    Automatic number plate recognition (ANPR)
    General principles

21.2 Quality checks: before you issue a parking charge
    notice you must carry out a manual quality check of the
    ANPR images to reduce errors and make sure that it is
    appropriate to take action.

I am feeling a new POPLA appeal point coming on, putting all ANPR user firms to strict proof of the manual check because if they can't be bothered to show it, they breach the BPA CoP and the DPA/GDPR.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ukpcvictim
    ukpcvictim Posts: 7 Forumite
    UK Parking Control Ltd info for data protection requests:
    Contact details and further information
    If you would like more information about how we process your data or if you wish to assert any of your rights set out above please contact our data protection privacy team by:

Email : DPO@ukparkingcontrol.com

OR

Write to us at:

Data Protection,
    UK Parking Control Limited,
    The Apex,
    2 Sheriffs Orchard,
    Coventry
    CV1 3PP
  • twhitehousescat
    twhitehousescat Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Yes, even though the BPA CoP says:

I am feeling a new POPLA appeal point coming on, putting all ANPR user firms to strict proof of the manual check because if they can't be bothered to show it, they breach the BPA CoP and the DPA/GDPR.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/13944793.Man_s_shopping_trolley_gets___100_parking_fine/
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,320 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic

Lynnzer of PePiPoo fame. He's not been around there for some time - I believe he had an accident that laid him up. But I thought he might have resurfaced by now.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post

Smart Parking ????? just another scam company supported
    the Gobi desert style BPA
  • twhitehousescat
    twhitehousescat Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Lynnzer of PePiPoo fame. He's not been around there for some time - I believe he had an accident that laid him up. But I thought he might have resurfaced by now.

just the average person collecting new number plates from halfords
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Thought I'd bump this, plus, one obvious candidate we seemed to have missed off hitting with a SAR

Gladstones
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    steve1500 wrote: »
    Thought I'd bump this, plus, one obvious candidate we seemed to have missed off hitting with a SAR

Gladstones

Do you think that Gladstones has the intelligence
    to even understand ?????? I think not
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills