Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • donnyscuba
    • By donnyscuba 17th Oct 19, 9:54 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 3Thanks
    donnyscuba
    lufthansa
    • 17th Oct 19, 9:54 PM
    lufthansa 17th Oct 19 at 9:54 PM
    Oh bloody hell, another one who hasn't read the faq or vaubin's essay. ( I flicked through, it was very informative).
    Anyways, We had a cancelled flight from Glasgow to Frankfurt in Jan 19. Caused by striking ground staff. I'm assuming this is classed as extraordinary circumstances (am I right?)
    Our new flight was the next day, so we needed to extend hotel, and car hire and buy meals. Should we be able to claim this?
    I looked at the resolver tool, but as we live in Germany now, I couldn't get the address in. Is there a way to use it from abroad?
    thanks in advance for any advice.
    D.
    Last edited by donnyscuba; 17-10-2019 at 10:01 PM.
Page 1
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 17th Oct 19, 11:57 PM
    • 2,110 Posts
    • 895 Thanks
    Tyzap
    • 17th Oct 19, 11:57 PM
    • 17th Oct 19, 11:57 PM
    Oh bloody hell, another one who hasn't read the faq or vaubin's essay. ( I flicked through, it was very informative).
    Anyways, We had a cancelled flight from Glasgow to Frankfurt in Jan 19. Caused by striking ground staff. I'm assuming this is classed as extraordinary circumstances (am I right?)

Correct if they did not work for the airline.

Our new flight was the next day, so we needed to extend hotel, and car hire and buy meals. Should we be able to claim this?

Yes, under their 'duty of care' obligation.

I looked at the resolver tool, but as we live in Germany now, I couldn't get the address in. Is there a way to use it from abroad?
    thanks in advance for any advice.

Don't know about resolver but you can use Lufthansa's ADR provider which is free.

D.
    Originally posted by donnyscuba
    Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

197Posts Today

2,136Users online

Martin's Twitter