Help with UTR + Contractor asking for UTR of tax district.

Options
Hello,

This is the last few weeks of my employment with my current company. However, after my boss would like to employee me freelance for a few days/weeks.

In order to do so, I believe I need to get set up as a sole trader. I think I have done this correctly on the HMRC website. I have an email saying "The application with reference number XXX submitted by you or your agent to register for HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) taxes has been received and will now be verified. HMRC will contact you if further information is needed." I believe now I just wait and they will sen me my UTR code.

My boss however has given me a form to fill in with a question I am struggling with. Can anyone help?

'Please give the name, address and UTR reference of the tax district to which the individual submits tax returns'

I assume this is not my UTR which I give him as it is asking for that of the tax district I would submit tax returns. How do I find this out? Where do I get this?

I have never had to deal with tax before really as I have always been employed in PAYE. This is all very new and confusing for me. Any help would be great.

Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport