£5 off fruit and veg at Morrisons again 7th August

I have read on a couple of forums, that the £5 off fruit and veg is back this Thursday with the Sun and Morrisons. Could be rumours, seems too good to be true to be done so quickly after the meat one. Anyone else seen anything about it?

Comments

• geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I adn't heard anything, so did a search and came up with this

http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/5-off-fruit-veg-morrisons-sun-1968961?page=1
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Does seem to good to be true so soo after the last one, but worth a look at the paper Thursday morning.
    Slimming World at target
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I would love this to be true, but fear it's too soon after last weeks voucher.
    We'll find out around 10.30 tonight when viewing the front pages online.
    Fingers crossed, but I'd prefer next week personally as I bought quite a bit reduced veg yesterday. Should be gone by the weekend though, unless I get more. lol

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • DPJames
    DPJames Posts: 999 Forumite
    Please be true, please be true, please be true. :)
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    it would make sense if they do MOC every week for the next few weeks..

as this is a ploy by supermarkets when they open a new store, and they send out money off coupons for the following 6 weeks, researchers say... if you can get someone into a supermarket for approx. 4 - 6 times/weeks this will start forming a habbit, so after the 4 - 6 weeks you are more than likely to carry on using that supermarket on a regular basis..

Tesco tend to do this in the lead up to Christmas, where they send you x£ off x spend, and you will get a few of them with different dates..
    Work to live= not live to work
  • LadyCoupon
    LadyCoupon Posts: 718 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Maybe not happening folks, just looking at a couple of quotes on HUKD:-

'Someone asked on Facebook about this , and Morrison's replied they aren't aware of this offer happening.'

and

'I'm a checkout supervisor at Morrisons, and we've heard nothing about this. Usually we get bulletins about these things well in advance, so I highly doubt it'll be this week.'

Pity though would have been a great deal again, will just need to check tomorrow's paper later on tonight to see for sure.
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    LadyCoupon wrote: »
    Maybe not happening folks, just looking at a couple of quotes on HUKD:-

'Someone asked on Facebook about this , and Morrison's replied they aren't aware of this offer happening.'

Doesn't mean anything, misscomping20132 emailed them about the meat offer last week then posted the following
    misscomping2013 2 weeks, 20 hours ago #96
    Morrison's rang me back after I emailed them and said its just a rumour and it was a Scotland offer and they knew it was on this website but isn't true
    Ad we all know it was true!
    LadyCoupon wrote: »
    and

'I'm a checkout supervisor at Morrisons, and we've heard nothing about this. Usually we get bulletins about these things well in advance, so I highly doubt it'll be this week.'

Pity though would have been a great deal again, will just need to check tomorrow's paper later on tonight to see for sure.

Again it means nothing, "usually" does not mean they get bulletins every single time without exception.

And we all know supermarket employees think they know everything about what is happening with the company they work for.

The voucher may be real, or it may just be a false rumour, we'll just have to wait and see.
  • LadyCoupon
    LadyCoupon Posts: 718 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Yeah, we should know by tonight.
  • Even if it is only a rumour I'd rather know about it than miss out, so thank you for posting, OP. We can live in hope! :fingerscrossed:
  • petrolman
    petrolman Posts: 25 Forumite
    Morrisons £5 off fruit and veg with no minimum spend is back in tomorrow's sun (Thursday)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure