Coupon Stockpile Challenge!

Former_MSE_Zorica
Former_MSE_Zorica Posts: 178 Forumite
Stoptober Survivor Xmas Saver!
edited 18 July 2013 at 2:22PM in Supermarket coupons
Hi Everyone,

We’re on the hunt for the UK’s best Extreme Coupon style stockpile. Post pictures of your biggest and best coupon-assisted purchases and let us know how much you paid for it and how much it’s worth. See below for an example.

Happy posting!

CouponChallengeExample_zps21331e90.png

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Follow the Forum on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,299 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    There's a thread at the top of this section of the forum with links to printable coupons and another for discussing coupons and their use to help you out
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Thanks Browntoa

Anyone have any fantastic photos to share?
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • myrtleturtle
    myrtleturtle Posts: 8,206 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    sorry but genuine couponers/ moneysavers won't post here
  • Looby123
    Looby123 Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    MSE Zorica - is this not the same unnecessary thread that MSE Andrea has created. The genuine people who use coupons correctly to purchase items they need or want, will not post stash photos on here. No one in their right mind will want to admit to exploiting a coupon, and potentially jeopardising coupon use in the future.

Either you guys need to turn the aircon up as too much heat has gone to your heads at MSE Towers, or you have too much time on your hands. Surely if you spent time reading the threads you are supposedly in charge of you would see that there are already threads for coupons, that coupons are becoming lesser and lesser, and that stores are clamping down enough on coupon use, without you guys making it harder :(
    hoping for a very MSE Ts glitching 2012!
  • Jenna_Appleseed
    Jenna_Appleseed Posts: 4,857 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Yay more encouragement of selfishness, greed, buying loads of things you don't want/need and hoarding.
    "And suddenly I find myself listening to a man I've never known before,
    Telling me about the sea..."
  • I make it a policy to go through life not upsetting people but I'm breaking it:

the idea behind this thread smacks of sensationalist, tabloid journalism.

Anyone who has ever legitimately used a coupon knows how they are regarded by the supermarkets in this country and anyone who even glances at the coupon boards for more than two seconds know how it is virtually impossible to obtain one coupon let alone the fifty or so required by the "bargain hunter" in the picture at the top of the thread! Extreme couponing in this way simply does not exist in this country, yes there are glitches that might yield spectacular hauls for some people but they do not use handfuls of coupons at the checkouts!

Unpopular thread in the making!
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde
  • nikkilala_2
    nikkilala_2 Posts: 9,872 Forumite
    edited 18 July 2013 at 6:31PM
    OMG I saw Andreas other thread but this take the biscuit! You want pictures of peoples stashes! Do you want to know what you'll get on here? You'll get proper couponers saying its the worst idea ever and then you get trolls later on tonight and the whole thread will erupt! I agree I think you are all overheating at MSE towers!

Actually thinking about it are you trying to compete with a few other well known FB groups that regularly post up pictures of stashes?
    Beware!!!! Glitching is addictive:rotfl:
  • littlebit
    littlebit Posts: 598 Forumite
    Again as i said on the other thread created of this type but in less words and more to the point threads like this are Stupid the encourage greed and coupon abuse.

I will not be contributing here either, Awful decision made i may just start calling MSE, 10 ways 2.0
  • Andrea - encouraging people to show stockpiles of goods, bought from couponing is such a bad idea. Supermarkets and manufacturers do not want this sort of thing and will close every loophole as quickly as they possibly can.

The coupons available are not meant for extreme couponers, they are meant for very average normal shoppers who are happy to get £2 or £3 off their £120 weekly shop.

Please think again about this thread, it is probably the quickest way to get couponing loopholes closed down.
    2011: £10 Sports Direct Voucher, Peppa Pig Wii Game, Trivial Pursuit Card Game, £100 Chat magazine win, Dance workout dvd, Grease wii game,
  • adds03uk
    adds03uk Posts: 107 Forumite
    omg mse determined to kill couponing how many staff are gonna try and sneak this thread see all the negative comments on the other one
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure