IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

POPLA Appeal - Euro Car Parks - Deadline 18/10

Hi,

I know it's very late in the process, a million and one things going on in life at the moment. Just realised this POPLA appeal needs to be filed by tomorrow. I've started work on it tonight after work, and will finish it tomorrow, but wanted to throw a draft up here as it stands for opinions as I go if anyone felt inclined.

Basics are:

- time in car park: 14 minutes 2 seconds
- no information about grace period agreed by landowner despite request in appeal
- no proof of period of parking, just the usual entry and exit
- non-compliant wording in the NTK
- images supplied after internal appeal don't show driver
- ineligible image of parking sign in response. Can't visit the site personally, it's 200 miles away.

draft copy link

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,422 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Just realised this POPLA appeal needs to be filed by tomorrow
    I doubt it. POPLA codes last for 33 days, not 28, so I bet you have the weekend!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • MistyZ
    MistyZ Posts: 1,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 October 2019 at 8:57AM
    Make sure each section has a heading.

When it comes to Grace Periods, that 's' is very important. Really flag up that the BPA recommends two grace periods as per this thread:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=75812666#post75812666

I note there's a link in there. POPLA will not follow links, nor should they need to be reminded that there's a thing called PoFA! Precise and pertinent quotes from PoFA will suffice.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Nine times out of ten of these tickets are scams so consider complaining to your MP, it can cause the scammer extra work.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    [/FONT]
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    - ineligible image of parking sign
    Did you mean illegible?
  • TheRed
    TheRed Posts: 52 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Le_Kirk wrote: »
    Did you mean illegible?

Yes :D

Rough notes typo, honest :rotfl:

Thanks all. Coupon, is that 33 days from being generated, or 33 days from the date of ECP response to my appeal?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,422 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Same thing.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • TheRed
    TheRed Posts: 52 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Final Draft

Didn't want to copy and paste an appeal so read others and tried to put it into my own words (as much as you can when you're making the same points as others). Any final thoughts before I submit it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure