Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • R4ngdo
    • By R4ngdo 14th Oct 19, 10:01 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    R4ngdo
    How to get the cabin doors open time
    • 14th Oct 19, 10:01 AM
    How to get the cabin doors open time 14th Oct 19 at 10:01 AM
    Hello
    I recently contacted Royal Brunei Airlines to raise a compensation claim for delayed flight back in 2016 which I believe exceeded the three hour limit. In their reply they have simply given the scheduled flight times and stated compensation is not payable because the delay was only 2h 45m.
    I will be responding to them stating that if they do not believe compensation is due then they will have to provide the cabin doors open time to prove this.
    So my question is, is there anywhere I can get this information myself because as a passenger you donít get access to this kind of data and at the moment my claim is really just based on my recollection of the arrival time of a flight we took 3 1/2 years ago being over 3 hours. If itís not possible to get this data what do you suggest my best approach is?
Page 1
    • JPears
    • By JPears 14th Oct 19, 10:06 AM
    • 4,821 Posts
    • 1,304 Thanks
    JPears
    • 14th Oct 19, 10:06 AM
    • 14th Oct 19, 10:06 AM
    Put your flight details into Botts online or EUClaim, they should give an indication of claim validity.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • R4ngdo
    • By R4ngdo 14th Oct 19, 10:39 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    R4ngdo
    • 14th Oct 19, 10:39 AM
    • 14th Oct 19, 10:39 AM
    I have tried that but I just get a generic sounding response saying ďGood news, our records show you may be entitled to claim up to Ä600 per passenger in compensation.Ē.

I donít want to use a claims company if I donít have to and I have the airline responding to me so it would be good to get a quick resolution with them direct if possible.

I know I can make a court claim to force the issue but that is extra cost and time that Iíd like to avoid.

Iím looking for if anyone knows if itís possible to get the actual arrival data to support my case, and if not then what the best next steps are to try to push a resolution with them without having that data.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 14th Oct 19, 11:28 AM
    • 4,821 Posts
    • 1,304 Thanks
    JPears
    • 14th Oct 19, 11:28 AM
    • 14th Oct 19, 11:28 AM
    Short answer to that is probably no. Long answer is that someone may be able to track your flight historically and get an idea of the likely door opening time.
    I suspect you may have to at least initiate court proceedings on this one. It will then be up to RBA to prove to the judge that the delay was the time they say, with confirmed door opening times.

• R4ngdo
    • By R4ngdo 14th Oct 19, 1:27 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    R4ngdo
    • 14th Oct 19, 1:27 PM
    • 14th Oct 19, 1:27 PM
    Ok thanks. So essentially my next steps will be:

1) Respond to them stating they need to assess it based on, and provide as evidence, the cabin door opening time.
    then if no luck:
    2a) Raise a court claim forcing them to provide the formal arrival time to calculate the delay.
    or
    2b) Raise a claim via a claim company like Bott & Co to do the legwork and arguing.

The reason I wanted to try to get the data was if I then needed to do the court claim I could be fairly certain of winning to cover the claim cost before starting. I can remove this risk by using Bott & Co but their fee is much higher than doing the claim myself.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 14th Oct 19, 2:24 PM
    • 4,821 Posts
    • 1,304 Thanks
    JPears
    • 14th Oct 19, 2:24 PM
    • 14th Oct 19, 2:24 PM
    Did you try EU claim checker too? This maybe more reliable. Botts can be a bit optimistic.
    RBA are signed up to Aviation ADR? If so that could be your next move if RBA are intransigent.
    Last edited by JPears; 14-10-2019 at 2:35 PM.

• R4ngdo
    • By R4ngdo 14th Oct 19, 3:18 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    R4ngdo
    • 14th Oct 19, 3:18 PM
    • 14th Oct 19, 3:18 PM
    Iíve just tried it but it doesnít seem to like the combination of flights we had so cannot find any results.

I wasnít aware Brunei used a dispute resolution organisation as they werenít listed in the Resolver tool on the MSE flight compensation page.

Iíll respond to their letter as I said above and if no luck then Iíll try using Aviation ADR.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 14th Oct 19, 3:51 PM
    • 4,821 Posts
    • 1,304 Thanks
    JPears
    • 14th Oct 19, 3:51 PM
    • 14th Oct 19, 3:51 PM
    Resolver is not the same. Ignore it.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,334Posts Today

9,229Users online

Martin's Twitter