i don't see John Lewis credit card mentioned or recommended in here ??

Options
i don't see John Lewis credit card mentioned or recommended in here ??

Comments

• 2e0arr
    2e0arr Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    apologies what a gormless post by me. what i should have typed is on the main site i dont appear to see john lewis credit cards mentioned or recommended
  • mrmajika
    Options
    You're right. It used to get referenced in the credit card cashback / reward section, but it's since been rmoved. I *don't think* their offering has changed. It continues to offer bonus vouchers upon signup and an equivalent 0.5% cashback in the form of JL / Waitrose vouchers.
    Whilst my posts do not constitute financial advice, I am always, without fail, 100% right! :D
  • blue.peter
    blue.peter Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    mrmajika wrote: »
    You're right. It used to get referenced in the credit card cashback / reward section, but it's since been rmoved. I *don't think* their offering has changed. It continues to offer bonus vouchers upon signup and an equivalent 0.5% cashback in the form of JL / Waitrose vouchers.

1% on spending in John Lewis/Waitrose, 0.5% on spending elsewhere. Well, that's what I get on mine, anyway.
  • 2e0arr
    2e0arr Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 September 2019 at 7:58PM
    Options
    blue.peter wrote: »
    1% on spending in John Lewis/Waitrose, 0.5% on spending elsewhere. Well, that's what I get on mine, anyway.

same here. and i think they have more to offer than the cards that are suggested ?
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    The rating on their card app on google play is 1.9 - might be a factor in your decision
  • marcmc84
    Options
    most likely a rip off
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,626 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    18cc wrote: »
    The rating on their card app on google play is 1.9 - might be a factor in your decision

I never use the app. I do shop in JL and Waitrose though so 1% back on that and 0.5% on everything else where I can't use my Amex.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Rosenhaus
    Rosenhaus Posts: 16 Forumite
    edited 16 September 2019 at 6:48PM
    Options
    Originally posted by 18cc
    I never use the app.
    Originally posted by MallyGirl

The app was useless but has been updated and is now pretty good, well worth checking out.

Hope the rest of the HSBC stable get a similar update.
  • Missus_Hyde
    Options
    We have a Partnership Card and by and large I've been quite pleased with it.

Their app and online banking was clunky, to say the least, but they have updated the app and apart from a few initial teething troubles, it seems to work fairly seamlessly (you can even log in on a finger print now! ;) )

However, we do shop in Waitrose and John Lewis a fair bit, so have benefited from the 1% reward on the card. I only use it for that.
    A cunning plan, Baldrick? Whatever it was, it's got to be better than pretending to be mad; after all, who'd notice another mad person around here?.......Edmund Blackadder.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure