best brand of cat litter

Please can anyone advise me on the best value catlitter.

I've been buying Lidls but its not very good as I'm wasting loads due to lumping.

I realise that paying more may work out better value if it's better quality..
Any advise appreciated thanks
Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.

Comments

• DD265
    DD265 Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    We really like BreederCelect which we get from Jollyes though it's not the cheapest. It's £13.49 for a 30L bag and a bag typically lasts us 4-6 weeks with two cats. It's a non-clumping paper based litter, we don't have any issues with smell etc, and it doesn't track too badly. We might waste a bit though as it's hard to separate wet from dry.

It was out of stock at the weekend though, so I bought Cat's Best Oko Plus after looking at comparisons/reviews online. This is a clumping litter but it's (unusually, I gather) made of wood. However it was £25 for the bag (eek!). It's so easy to clean out though, I'm hopeful it might last longer as there's less waste, but we'd need two months out of a bag to feel like it's value for money. It also gets everywhere; hard to know if it's tracking or they're kicking it out of the tray.
  • We use Tesco own brand at £1.55 for 10L. I haven't found cheaper than this. It's also lightweight. Produced and packed in UK.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/262681114

It's got to be worth a try to see if you like it.
    I love a bargain. Now mortgage and debt free. hurray!!:smileyhea
  • We use Cat's Best Smart Pellets (previously called Nature Gold). Like their Oko Plus it's wood based.

We tried clay litters but they made the bin a ton weight and stuck like glue to the litter tray, the litter scoop and the cat's paws.

World's Best is brilliant for clumping and hiding smells but the dust it created was crazy. Our cat has a black fluffy bathmat that she likes to sit on (whilst growling at the neighbour's cat outside the french doors) and it looked like someone had been using it in a woodwork class .... multiple paw marks from the litter dust. The litter tray is a good 7 metres from the mat (and we have a litter mat outside the tray). Much as I love my vacuum, I don't want to have to use it every time she's used her tray. World's Best certainly wasn't the best in our part of the world.

Cat's Best Oko Plus is a great litter which clumps well but we kept finding bits all around the house.

Cat's Best Smart Pellets are more expensive but don't end up everywhere. Because it's a pellet litter, our puss makes quite a racket when she's trying to dig to Australia but that's a small price to pay for litter-free carpets. We buy it in bulk from Zooplus.

If you're not looking for a clumping litter and clean the tray out every day I would suggest the paper-based Breeder Celect. That's the litter our cattery uses.
    Norn Iron Club Member 330 ;)
  • Home bargains do a woodpellet litter which I’ve found to be superior to any other I’ve tried. It is really cheap too.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    jenny-wren wrote: »
    Cat's Best Oko Plus is a great litter which clumps well but we kept finding bits all around the house.

Cat's Best Smart Pellets are more expensive but don't end up everywhere. Because it's a pellet litter, our puss makes quite a racket when she's trying to dig to Australia but that's a small price to pay for litter-free carpets. We buy it in bulk from Zooplus.

We're definitely noticing Oko Plus everywhere after half a week! Thanks for the heads up on Zooplus, if we carry on with it I'll order when we get their food as it's a lot cheaper than Jollyes. :)

A lot of the reviews for Smart Pellets say that it was changed last year and doesn't clump well now - have you noticed this?
  • DD265 wrote: »
    A lot of the reviews for Smart Pellets say that it was changed last year and doesn't clump well now - have you noticed this?

I haven't noticed a huge difference to be honest. As long as you don't rush to remove clumps as soon as they've been created and don't shake the tray too much when you're cleaning it I've found the clumps stay together. It's not as good as Oko Plus or World's Best for clumping because the particles are bigger but I'd happily take that over the dust and bits that the other two create!
    Norn Iron Club Member 330 ;)
  • I found Wilkos best clumping cat litter. The Lidl was is very cheap but I find it doesn't clump very well so I gone back to Wilkos one, I dont think it can be beaten on price for a proper clumping cat litter certianly not on major supermarkets and pets @ home
  • I am using Arm & Hammer Super Scoop Cat litter much better performance than many others i did try some local one's i believe this one is just good for our pets specially our dear cats. I m feeling more relaxed since i started using this brand.
  • I really like Sivocat Blue signal. Clumps great so very little waste, no smell and not a huge amount of tracking considering I have 4 cats.
  • Bradden
    Bradden Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    1st Time poster coming on recommending a brand.. I cannot help being a little suspicious.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure