Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Notsobad12
    • By Notsobad12 13th Dec 19, 2:18 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Notsobad12
    Sent a MasterCard in my name
    • 13th Dec 19, 2:18 PM
    Sent a MasterCard in my name 13th Dec 19 at 2:18 PM
    Not sure if I'm in the right place.

I have come home and seen that I have been sent a MasterCard from a company called MuchBetter Payments in my name. I have never signed up to it. They are not replying to my emails/messages and do not have a phone number. I am worried. What do I do?
Page 1
    • Willing2Learn
    • By Willing2Learn 13th Dec 19, 2:55 PM
    • 5,200 Posts
    • 4,840 Thanks
    Willing2Learn
    • 13th Dec 19, 2:55 PM
    I believe you have a prepaid mastercard, designed to be used for gambling services. Either shred the card or cut it in half and put it in the bin!
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

• bradders1983
    • By bradders1983 13th Dec 19, 2:55 PM
    • 965 Posts
    • 688 Thanks
    bradders1983
    MuchBetter? Its probably a pre-paid Mastercard then with nothing loaded on it.

They are a bit like PayPal. I had to sign up to them to withdraw money from Mr Green (a gambling site), and they took 2% off me, so have never used the site or service since.
    • Terry Towelling
    • By Terry Towelling 13th Dec 19, 8:07 PM
    • 2,224 Posts
    • 1,896 Thanks
    Terry Towelling
    • 13th Dec 19, 8:07 PM
    • 13th Dec 19, 8:07 PM
    Not sure if I'm in the right place.

I have come home and seen that I have been sent a MasterCard from a company called MuchBetter Payments in my name. I have never signed up to it. They are not replying to my emails/messages and do not have a phone number. I am worried. What do I do?
    Originally posted by Notsobad12
    Well, given that you've only just come home to find the MasterCard from this company (that most of us have never heard of, but thanks to your advertising post, we now have) then I suggest you wait a bit longer for them to reply to your emails/messages. Also, being the technical duffer that I am, could you please explain the difference between 'emails' and 'messages' for me.
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 13th Dec 19, 8:26 PM
    • 4,763 Posts
    • 2,637 Thanks
    Ben8282
    • 13th Dec 19, 8:26 PM
    • 13th Dec 19, 8:26 PM
    So when you came home and found this Mastercard in your name your first thought was to sign up to this forum to tell us about it and tell us that you were worried and ask what to do.
    Well you have already sent them e-mails and messages (what sort of messages?). How did you discover their e-mail address and messages address?
    Last edited by Ben8282; 13-12-2019 at 9:15 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,131Posts Today

8,060Users online

Martin's Twitter