Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • OliverBlackwell
    • By OliverBlackwell 11th Dec 19, 7:12 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    OliverBlackwell
    ideal cash credit card (fee:0 interest:0)
    • 11th Dec 19, 7:12 PM
    ideal cash credit card (fee:0 interest:0) 11th Dec 19 at 7:12 PM
    hello.
    I'm looking for a second credit card and am interested in getting a cash advance service.
    my question is simple

Is there a credit card that does zero fee and zero interest for cash advance?

I have done some Googling and the best I could come up with is was zero interest but 2.33 fee, I think that was from MBNA.
Page 1
    • Nile
    • By Nile 11th Dec 19, 10:24 PM
    • 14,457 Posts
    • 14,426 Thanks
    Nile
    • 11th Dec 19, 10:24 PM
    • 11th Dec 19, 10:24 PM
    Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.

I’ve moved your thread from the ‘I wanna’ board to the ‘Credit Cards’ board, where it is better suited.

Regards

Nile
    Hi, I'm the Board Guide on the In my home (includes DIY) and the I wanna buy-it or do-it boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember that Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 11th Dec 19, 11:46 PM
    • 7,282 Posts
    • 4,845 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 11th Dec 19, 11:46 PM
    • 11th Dec 19, 11:46 PM
    Are you after a one-off money transfer?
    • Terry Towelling
    • By Terry Towelling 12th Dec 19, 4:03 PM
    • 2,221 Posts
    • 1,894 Thanks
    Terry Towelling
    • 12th Dec 19, 4:03 PM
    • 12th Dec 19, 4:03 PM
    As Gary_Dexter indicates, it seems you are after a card that does Money Transfers rather than allows completely free cash withdrawals. Most MT cards have a fee attached even if they are then interest free for a certain period, so I think the answer to your question may well be, 'No'.
    • adindas
    • By adindas 12th Dec 19, 4:15 PM
    • 4,371 Posts
    • 2,841 Thanks
    adindas
    • 12th Dec 19, 4:15 PM
    • 12th Dec 19, 4:15 PM
    hello.
    I'm looking for a second credit card and am interested in getting a cash advance service.
    my question is simple

Is there a credit card that does zero fee and zero interest for cash advance?

I have done some Googling and the best I could come up with is was zero interest but 2.33 fee, I think that was from MBNA.
    Originally posted by OliverBlackwell
    The best Money transfer Creditcard that is currently available is listed here:
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/money-transfers/

It seems although 0% interest but there is a fee attached to it. In the past such kind of deal zero fee for money transfer and zero are very rare anyway.
    • OliverBlackwell
    • By OliverBlackwell 14th Dec 19, 2:30 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    OliverBlackwell
    • 14th Dec 19, 2:30 PM
    • 14th Dec 19, 2:30 PM
    hi.
    thanks for replying.
    a money transfer isn't really what I was looking for, although a handy service to have.

I would like to use cash machines and get money back at the checkout with a credit card, without incurring a fee and interest.

I understand that credit card companies wouldn't like to give out raw cash to customers with £0 fee and £0 interest.
    I was hopeful that there would be some small provider that would offer this service.
    • zx81
    • By zx81 14th Dec 19, 2:35 PM
    • 24,820 Posts
    • 27,709 Thanks
    zx81
    • 14th Dec 19, 2:35 PM
    • 14th Dec 19, 2:35 PM
    No, there isn't any raw cash provision.

Cash withdrawals are lightly sauteed with a fee and, in most cases, interest.
    • adindas
    • By adindas 14th Dec 19, 2:49 PM
    • 4,371 Posts
    • 2,841 Thanks
    adindas
    • 14th Dec 19, 2:49 PM
    • 14th Dec 19, 2:49 PM
    hi.
    thanks for replying.
    a money transfer isn't really what I was looking for, although a handy service to have.

I would like to use cash machines and get money back at the checkout with a credit card, without incurring a fee and interest.

I understand that credit card companies wouldn't like to give out raw cash to customers with £0 fee and £0 interest.
    I was hopeful that there would be some small provider that would offer this service.
    Originally posted by OliverBlackwell

Well 0% Interest money, 0% fee on money transfer Creditcard will do the same Job. You transfert it to your current account and then you withdraw it using your Debitcard. But As shown in the previous link £0 fee and £0 interest is not on offer there is a fee for money transfer attached to it.

There is travel creditcard like Barclay £0 fee and £0 interest but it is only until about one month where you need to pay what you withdraw in the statement month.
    Last edited by adindas; 14-12-2019 at 3:20 PM.
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 14th Dec 19, 3:44 PM
    • 7,282 Posts
    • 4,845 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 14th Dec 19, 3:44 PM
    • 14th Dec 19, 3:44 PM
    A credit card isn’t for cash withdrawals.
    • OliverBlackwell
    • By OliverBlackwell 27th Dec 19, 8:22 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    OliverBlackwell
    thanks for the replies and advice.
    I'm no longer pursuing this idea.
    • TrickyDicky101
    • By TrickyDicky101 28th Dec 19, 9:47 PM
    • 3,362 Posts
    • 2,209 Thanks
    TrickyDicky101
    Sounds like something like a First Direct account with the £250 interest free overdraft could do what you want (assuming it really is small amounts).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,075Posts Today

7,343Users online

Martin's Twitter