Please help with Hammonds!!!

Comments

• Lip_Stick
    Lip_Stick Posts: 2,415 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    cajef wrote: »
    Where in to OP's post does it state that Hammonds lied about backs in the range they chose, all it says is that someone else had similar priced units but theirs had backs.

Hey, I'm just pointing out where the OP feels the company lied. I'm not offering proof either way of whether they did or not.
    There's a storm coming, Mr Johnson. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,612 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Where in to OP's post does it state that Hammonds lied about backs in the range they chose, all it says is that someone else had similar priced units but theirs had backs.
    Anon321 wrote: »
    Its only when I showed my friend the terrible pictures that it came to light she had paid a similar price but her wardrobes had backs and bottoms - my Parents were lied to when they were told they don’t come with backs.

Definitely says "lied"
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 August 2019 at 5:11PM
    Definitely says "lied"
    But maybe it was not a lie if the units they chose did not have backs in that range or price, just because someone else told them their similar ones did does not mean that theirs could.

See post #7 above.
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,612 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    But maybe it was not a lie if the units they chose did not have backs in that range or price, just because someone else told them their similar ones did does not mean that theirs could.

Precisely! It was not a lie by Hammonds, it was either OP or their parents not realising the design they bought had a different specification to that of the friend's.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Thank you for your support Lip_Stick.

My Mother wanted sliding door wardrobes, and when asked about backs she was told they don’t come with backs. My Friend who had sliding door wardrobes fitted told me after seeing the pictures that hers came with backs included in a similar price. The point I am trying to make about the design is that it is massively overpriced for carcass sides, some shelves and sliding doors. The design was approved on the false information provided and has not been sold at a reasonable price.

Regardless of the design, the quality of the materials used was substandard, the workmanship was appalling with damaged goods knowingly installed, and further damage done during installation.

I am not here to argue, the wardrobes are complete rubbish full stop and the Area Manager that inspected them agreed with every single point I raised. If anyone is able to provide me with advice rather than challenge me, this is causing enough stress for my Parents and myself as it is, I would be extremely grateful. Thank you.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Thank you for your support Lip_Stick.

My Mother wanted sliding door wardrobes, and when asked about backs she was told they don’t come with backs. My Friend who had sliding door wardrobes fitted told me after seeing the pictures that hers came with backs included in a similar price. The point I am trying to make about the design is that it is massively overpriced for carcass sides, some shelves and sliding doors. The design was approved on the false information provided and has not been sold at a reasonable price.

Regardless of the design, the quality of the materials used was substandard, the workmanship was appalling with damaged goods knowingly installed, and further damage done during installation.

I am not here to argue, the wardrobes are complete rubbish full stop and the Area Manager that inspected them agreed with every single point I raised. If anyone is able to provide me with advice rather than challenge me, this is causing enough stress for my Parents and myself as it is, I would be extremely grateful. Thank you.

They may well be rubbish but how have they lied? No offence but you've made an allegation that they've lied which is pretty serious. If you want to take legal action (which may be appropriate) you need to get your ducks in a row.

If you claim on court papers they have lied and they can show they haven't it won't go down well.
  • Anon321
    Anon321 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Thank you, will be sure to use appropriate wording. Would you not call it a “lie” if advised “our wardrobes don’t come with backs” when obviously some of the ranges do, including the sliding door range my friend had installed please?
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Did the friend buy from Hammonds?
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Thank you, will be sure to use appropriate wording. Would you not call it a “lie” if advised “our wardrobes don’t come with backs” when obviously some of the ranges do, including the sliding door range my friend had installed please?

It would appear to be wholly irrelevant. You were told they didn't have backs and they don't. I can't see what the issue is.
  • My Friend did get her wardrobes from Hammonds.

The point is we would have rather had backs to the wardrobes but were told “our wardrobes don’t come with backs.” My Friend has sliding door wardrobes installed including backs and paid a similar price. I believe that we were misinformed and as such, by comparison have not been sold goods at a reasonable price.

This is only part of of my complaint.

Need advice on substandard products and bad workmanship please.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure