Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kpwll
    • By kpwll 18th Jul 14, 10:06 PM
    • 3,870Posts
    • 12,311Thanks
    kpwll
    stop/start
    • 18th Jul 14, 10:06 PM
    stop/start 18th Jul 14 at 10:06 PM
    Can you please tell me if you can turn off or over-ride a stop/start facility on any/all cars with this function? Thank you.
Page 27
  • topdaddy
    Which is why when you mention 3 people don't agree with you (as if they are wrong and you are right) is approaching nonsense) originally in the post I did include say a Ford Focus or a VW Golf but deleted it before posting) I don't look at Fords anymore , but the pattern rings true for many marques and hence why I posed the question as I did.
    Originally posted by DUTR
    It sounds like you have a point here but its not clear what it is? Are you saying the top of the range isnt better with regards to the focus?
    • F1F93
    • By F1F93 26th Jul 14, 5:01 PM
    • 365 Posts
    • 203 Thanks
    F1F93
    you can apply whatever lodgic you want how you want. But dont affliate that with me
    Originally posted by topdaddy
    Are you incapable of seeing any point, right or wrong, besides your own? You are the one constantly picking at my posts, saying that I'm struggling, etc, no one else has any problems with my post. Who, then, am I supposed to apply this logic to?
  • topdaddy
    It sounds like you have a point here but its not clear what it is? Are you saying the top of the range isnt better with regards to the focus?
    Or that the top of the range isnt always clear?
  • topdaddy
    Are you incapable of seeing any point, right or wrong, besides your own? You are the one constantly picking at my posts, saying that I'm struggling, etc, no one else has any problems with my post. Who, then, am I supposed to apply this logic to?
    Originally posted by F1F93
    You are applying to your self by saying everything up to and including "set in stone". I have not said this have I? And yes you are struggling. Thats doesnt affect the logic applied.
    • DUTR
    • By DUTR 26th Jul 14, 5:03 PM
    • 12,352 Posts
    • 7,010 Thanks
    DUTR
    Well your earlier comments included that if an item from the same marque is more expensive to initially purchase then it must be better.
    The quickest/fastest Ford Focus or VW Golf may not be the one with the highest trim options but maybe more expensive than the stablemate. Better would depend upon overall package whether that be performance , trim or economy.
    I'm a person that does not favour leather trim, I wouldn't chastise someone that opts for it though, years ago leather sutes were the 'premium' choice, now they are often the budget choice .
    • F1F93
    • By F1F93 26th Jul 14, 5:07 PM
    • 365 Posts
    • 203 Thanks
    F1F93
    You are applying to your self by saying everything up to and including "set in stone". I have not said this have I? And yes you are struggling. Thats doesnt affect the logic applied.
    You have been ignoring selected posts because you think that they have been answered. I am saying that this is the equivalent of me saying that you are wrong, and I consider that answered.

In what way am I struggling? At least I can think of more arguments than just "you are struggling".
  • topdaddy
    Well your earlier comments included that if an item from the same marque is more expensive to initially purchase then it must be better.
    The quickest/fastest Ford Focus or VW Golf may not be the one with the highest trim options but maybe more expensive than the stablemate. Better would depend upon overall package whether that be performance , trim or economy.
    I'm a person that does not favour leather trim, I wouldn't chastise someone that opts for it though, years ago leather sutes were the 'premium' choice, now they are often the budget choice .
    Thats is a valid point, again using the focus which is the top of the range the titanium x or the st3? I dont know, just assume that ford consider the st3 because its last in the sales book. Either way both are better than the base model(studio).
  • topdaddy
    You have been ignoring selected posts because you think that they have been answered. I am saying that this is the equivalent of me saying that you are wrong, and I consider that answered.

In what way am I struggling? At least I can think of more arguments than just "you are struggling".
    Not I think they have been answered, they have been answered. But for you, who is struggling to comprehend, I consider the top of the range the best, better than a base model. In that last sentance ive answered Two of your points, thats the answer and also why you are struggling.
    • F1F93
    • By F1F93 26th Jul 14, 5:29 PM
    • 365 Posts
    • 203 Thanks
    F1F93
    Not I think they have been answered, they have been answered. But for you, who is struggling to comprehend, I consider the top of the range the best, better than a base model. In that last sentance ive answered Two of your points, thats the answer and also why you are struggling.
    Again, I'm not struggling. You cannot comprehend that someone might disagree with you? It is not that your point has been answered, but that your point has been made.
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 26th Jul 14, 5:35 PM
    • 19,763 Posts
    • 12,427 Thanks
    motorguy
    Why? There are a considerable few thousand pounds between the two, so no i wouldnt. Unless they paid st money for a diesel
    So your "the higher spec car is better" argument holds no water at all as any higher spec car is going to be more expensive than the entry level one, and you say they have to be comparable prices?
    Just because you're offended doesnt mean you're right
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 26th Jul 14, 5:36 PM
    • 19,763 Posts
    • 12,427 Thanks
    motorguy
    Depends on your subjective needs.

Do you not get that?
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 26th Jul 14, 5:38 PM
    • 19,763 Posts
    • 12,427 Thanks
    motorguy
    Or that the top of the range isnt always clear?
    Did you just quote yourself there?

Are you having a conversation with yourself??

Are you two of you enjoying this??
    Last edited by motorguy; 26-07-2014 at 5:40 PM.
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 26th Jul 14, 5:38 PM
    • 19,763 Posts
    • 12,427 Thanks
    motorguy
    So its down to a persons subjective needs?
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 26th Jul 14, 5:39 PM
    • 19,763 Posts
    • 12,427 Thanks
    motorguy
    Thats is a valid point, again using the focus which is the top of the range the titanium x or the st3? I dont know, just assume that ford consider the st3 because its last in the sales book. Either way both are better than the base model(studio).
    Have you not just said otherwise because you said they arent comparable because they're not the same price?
    • DUTR
    • By DUTR 26th Jul 14, 5:54 PM
    • 12,352 Posts
    • 7,010 Thanks
    DUTR
    So its down to a persons subjective needs?
    Originally posted by motorguy
    Indeed, which is why I was using high priced cars to start with, on the man in the street marques, the most expensive is not always the flagship as it were.
  • topdaddy
    So your "the higher spec car is better" argument holds no water at all as any higher spec car is going to be more expensive than the entry level one, and you say they have to be comparable prices?
    How would that work?
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 26th Jul 14, 6:07 PM
    • 19,763 Posts
    • 12,427 Thanks
    motorguy

How would that work?
    I've no idea.

You said it.

Post #517 - you said an ST and a 1.6 TDCI werent comparable because one was more expensive than the other?

Why? There are a considerable few thousand pounds between the two, so no i wouldnt. Unless they paid st money for a diesel
    Last edited by motorguy; 26-07-2014 at 6:10 PM.
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 26th Jul 14, 6:09 PM
    • 19,763 Posts
    • 12,427 Thanks
    motorguy

And the heater thing(almost not trolling by going back on topic-ish) no that hasnt been answered.
    What hasnt been answered?
  • topdaddy
    Again, I'm not struggling. You cannot comprehend that someone might disagree with you? It is not that your point has been answered, but that your point has been made.
    I understand that people diasagree. And it has been answered.
  • topdaddy
    Did you just quote yourself there?

Are you having a conversation with yourself??

Are you two of you enjoying this??
    Yes i quoteed myself as it directly leads on from that initial post, and on occasion people such as your self might miss the edits. Stands to reason.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,097Posts Today

8,834Users online

Martin's Twitter