Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kpwll
    • By kpwll 18th Jul 14, 10:06 PM
    • 3,866Posts
    • 12,305Thanks
    kpwll
    stop/start
    • 18th Jul 14, 10:06 PM
    stop/start 18th Jul 14 at 10:06 PM
    Can you please tell me if you can turn off or over-ride a stop/start facility on any/all cars with this function? Thank you.
Page 26
    • F1F93
    • By F1F93 26th Jul 14, 4:13 PM
    • 364 Posts
    • 203 Thanks
    F1F93
    I considered that answered
    Originally posted by topdaddy
    The past few posts of mine have been directly following on from that.
    I doubt anyone else considers it answered.

There's also the issue of the heater, the whole point of this thread. Or has that been answered too?

Or is it simply that you cannot answer them, so you pick something else to argue about, knowing that you are wrong, but it buys you some time until you find something else to argue about, causing an endless cycle?
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 26th Jul 14, 4:22 PM
    • 19,744 Posts
    • 12,409 Thanks
    motorguy

Im not sure how a thread can have "success".
    I said "success for you"

A thread cant have a "success", no, but in terms of an outcome it can be a success for an individual, for example, it could be -
    • Providing information to someone that is of use to them
    • Enlightening others to the correct view on a particular point.
    • Learning something new.
    • Or, if you're particularly sad that way, "winning" the argument.

So no i dont think this thread has been a success for you.

You mentioned you were winning earlier. Again Im not sure how a thread is competitive.
    A thread is not competitive, but a debate or argument is. Clearly you have long since "lost" the argument, but are going to great lengths to avoid admitting it.
    Life has never given me lemons.

It has given me anger issues, anxiety, a love for alcohol and a serious dislike for stupid people, but not lemons.
  • topdaddy
    It is a fair increase. But, more than anything, it is an increase. With the only change in specification being unwanted. Why would anyone pay more for a car that's worse?

Oh, but it is relevant. If the car 5 miles away had worse seats, when you said others I took that to mea others of the same model but further away. Therefore why different seats?then I would have to weigh that up as well. Is it worth driving further to get better seats? Given that that model is rarer, its likely that my model would be only slightly further away, so in this case, yes it is worth getting that one.

To show that distance does make a car better - if you had two identical cars, one 5 miles away, one 300 miles away, which would you buy?
    neither is better
    As for your last paragraph, I'm not sure what that offers to be honest, other than agreeing with me indirectly but saying that I very clearly struggled with that. I'm not sure what the point of that is, you are clearly agreeing with me, yet writing it argumentatively.

But hey, I'm not the one who's taking someone elses arguments and using them against themselves. Using my own 5 year old comment against me is the forum equivalent of saying "I know you are but what am I?"

As for the fact that I'm clearly struggling...
    Originally posted by F1F93
    yes struggling.struggling to be understood.
    • F1F93
    • By F1F93 26th Jul 14, 4:28 PM
    • 364 Posts
    • 203 Thanks
    F1F93
    yes struggling.struggling to be understood.
    If the top of the range (the one with the different seats) was only 5 miles away...

And I beg to differ. The closer one is better.

I am clearly struggling to be understood, but that puts you in a bad light as you're the only one who is struggling to understand my posts.
  • topdaddy
    The past few posts of mine have been directly following on from that.
    I doubt anyone else considers it answered.

There's also the issue of the heater, the whole point of this thread. Or has that been answered too?

Or is it simply that you cannot answer them, so you pick something else to argue about, knowing that you are wrong, but it buys you some time until you find something else to argue about, causing an endless cycle?
    I consider it answered :i consider top of the range to be better than base models, 3 users on here do not. What more of that to make I dont know.
    And the heater thing(almost not trolling by going back on topic-ish) no that hasnt been answered.
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 26th Jul 14, 4:33 PM
    • 19,744 Posts
    • 12,409 Thanks
    motorguy

I consider it answered :i consider top of the range to be better than base models, 3 users on here do not. What more of that to make I dont know.
    Its a subjective opinion - thats what you dont grasp.

Question = Is a Focus ST better than a Focus 1.6TDI Zetec?

Answer = depends who you ask and what their needs are.

It has given me anger issues, anxiety, a love for alcohol and a serious dislike for stupid people, but not lemons.
  • topdaddy
    I said "success for you"

A thread cant have a "success", no, but in terms of an outcome it can be a success for an individual, for example, it could be -
    • Providing information to someone that is of use to them
    • Enlightening others to the correct view on a particular point.
    • Learning something new.
    • Or, if you're particularly sad that way, "winning" the argument.

So no i dont think this thread has been a success for you

A thread is not competitive, but a debate or argument is. Clearly you have long since "lost" the argument, but are going to great lengths to avoid admitting it.
    Originally posted by motorguy
    I dont think this thread has been successful or not. Think the op got a few answers, its for them to decide if theyre useful. And again I dont think ive lost anything, or won, and the same for anyone else.
    • DUTR
    • By DUTR 26th Jul 14, 4:34 PM
    • 12,345 Posts
    • 7,006 Thanks
    DUTR
    And the heater thing(almost not trolling by going back on topic-ish) no that hasnt been answered.
    Out of curiosity, which is the top of the range model? One with higher trim or the one with the more powerful engine?
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 26th Jul 14, 4:36 PM
    • 19,744 Posts
    • 12,409 Thanks
    motorguy

What hasnt been answered?

• topdaddy
    Its a subjective opinion - thats what you dont grasp.

Question = Is a Focus ST better than a Focus 1.6TDI Zetec?

Answer = depends who you ask and what their needs are.
    I consider that answered though, and In this instance the car i consider best is the st.
    The best car ive ever driven(better than anything else ive driven) is one that I didnt and wouldnt purchase. It wouldnt match my needs. But still was the best car Ive ever driven. And Id love to own it.
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 26th Jul 14, 4:37 PM
    • 19,744 Posts
    • 12,409 Thanks
    motorguy
    I dont think this thread has been successful or not. Think the op got a few answers, its for them to decide if theyre useful. And again I dont think ive lost anything, or won, and the same for anyone else.
    Can you not read or has your carer mixed up your medication?

I didnt say "this thread" i said "for you".

• motorguy
    • By motorguy 26th Jul 14, 4:40 PM
    • 19,744 Posts
    • 12,409 Thanks
    motorguy
    I consider that answered though, and In this instance the car i consider best is the st.
    The best car ive ever driven(better than anything else ive driven) is one that I didnt and wouldnt purchase. It wouldnt match my needs. But still was the best car Ive ever driven. And Id love to own it.
    So anyone who bought a Focus 1.6 TDI Zetec, you'd adopt your "a fool and their money are easy parted, cant believe you bought that" approach?

• F1F93
    • By F1F93 26th Jul 14, 4:44 PM
    • 364 Posts
    • 203 Thanks
    F1F93
    The generally accepted thing to do here is to answer the unanswered posts, rather than to say it's answered and ignore them. By that logic, you are wrong in everything you do and that topic is now answered and set in stone.

I apologise for my comments earlier saying that this was like arguing with a five year old.
    A five year old would understand this.
  • topdaddy
    Out of curiosity, which is the top of the range model? One with higher trim or the one with the more powerful engine?
    Originally posted by DUTR
    Thats is interesting. Ford, taking mgs example of the focus used to have the ghia spec, ie bits of trim and gadgets, but now they list the st3 as the last option, presumably making that top of the range. They dont do ghia anymore but titanium x is probbably comparable. I guess it depends on the marque
    • F1F93
    • By F1F93 26th Jul 14, 4:45 PM
    • 364 Posts
    • 203 Thanks
    F1F93
    So anyone who bought a Focus 1.6 TDI Zetec, you'd adopt your "a fool and their money are easy parted, cant believe you bought that" approach?
    I'd like to hear the answer to this, I had a 1.6 diesel Focus before my current car
    Last edited by F1F93; 26-07-2014 at 4:51 PM.
  • topdaddy
    Can you not read or has your carer mixed up your medication?

I didnt say "this thread" i said "for you".
    Ok insert "for me" after "This thread" and carry on.
  • topdaddy
    Why? There are a considerable few thousand pounds between the two, so no i wouldnt. Unless they paid st money for a diesel
    • DUTR
    • By DUTR 26th Jul 14, 4:51 PM
    • 12,345 Posts
    • 7,006 Thanks
    DUTR
    Thats is interesting. Ford, taking mgs example of the focus used to have the ghia spec, ie bits of trim and gadgets, but now they list the st3 as the last option, presumably making that top of the range. They dont do ghia anymore but titanium x is probbably comparable. I guess it depends on the marque
    Which is why when you mention 3 people don't agree with you (as if they are wrong and you are right) is approaching nonsense) originally in the post I did include say a Ford Focus or a VW Golf but deleted it before posting) I don't look at Fords anymore , but the pattern rings true for many marques and hence why I posed the question as I did.
  • topdaddy
    If the top of the range (the one with the different seats) was only 5 miles away...

I am clearly struggling to be understood, but that puts you in a bad light as you're the only one who is struggling to understand my posts.
    The closer one isnt better if they are them same though. Impossible.
  • topdaddy

The generally accepted thing to do here is to answer the unanswered posts, rather than to say it's answered and ignore them. By that logic, you are wrong in everything you do and that topic is now answered and set in stone.

I apologise for my comments earlier saying that this was like arguing with a five year old.
    A five year old would understand this.
    you can apply whatever lodgic you want how you want. But dont affliate that with me
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,306Posts Today

8,674Users online

Martin's Twitter