Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 46
    • Midfielder
    • By Midfielder 4th Nov 19, 9:22 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Midfielder
    Thanks Legal Magpie. I do intend to take this matter further and I am hoping to go to Small Claims Court or use Bott and Co. When I entered the info in their website claim calculator it said I had a valid claim. This will go further
    • JPears
    • By JPears 4th Nov 19, 9:57 AM
    • 4,852 Posts
    • 1,316 Thanks
    JPears
    You could consider ADR first. This will give you some practice in getting your written evidence and legal arguments together.
    You can always go small claims or Botts after that, if unsucessful with ADR.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • NXSmiggy
    • By NXSmiggy 13th Nov 19, 5:26 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    NXSmiggy
    Advice - Multi leg delay & calculated distance
    Hi All,

Delayed on a flight out of BLQ to NLC ended up with me having to overnight in Paris due to missing a connection in CDG.

As the total delay was >12hrs I was entitled to compensation which Air France placed at 215Eur

When calculating the flight length is it the total length of the flights including stops, or as the crow flies? The flight has been classified as Short haul but by using a flight mapper the length of BLQ-CDG-NCL comes out at 1546km which should be classified as medium haul, no?

I understand the delay is from point of origin to destination, so surely the total flight distance is calculated the same way and not just per leg?

Air France have not replied to my query and instead started payment for the 215Eur which I have not really accepted yet, however on the automated form you put in your bank details and they have used those to start a BACS transfer.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 13th Nov 19, 10:48 PM
    • 2,111 Posts
    • 895 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Hi All,

Delayed on a flight out of BLQ to NLC ended up with me having to overnight in Paris due to missing a connection in CDG.

As the total delay was >12hrs I was entitled to compensation which Air France placed at 215Eur

When calculating the flight length is it the total length of the flights including stops, or as the crow flies? The flight has been classified as Short haul but by using a flight mapper the length of BLQ-CDG-NCL comes out at 1546km which should be classified as medium haul, no?

I understand the delay is from point of origin to destination, so surely the total flight distance is calculated the same way and not just per leg?

Air France have not replied to my query and instead started payment for the 215Eur which I have not really accepted yet, however on the automated form you put in your bank details and they have used those to start a BACS transfer.
    Originally posted by NXSmiggy
    You should use the website 'Great Circle Mapper' to calculate the distance from BLQ to NCL.

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=BLQ-NCL

Which shows the distance (less than 1500km) falls into the lower category of compensation i.e 250.

The 215Eur figure that you quote is probably the (poor) conversion.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • maneek
    • By maneek 15th Dec 19, 9:23 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    maneek
    Missed connection
    Hi

I claimed for a disrupted flight with KLM. Flight from NYC to Amaterdam was 2 hours late I had missed my connecting flight and was 8hrs late home. KLM said that airplane was delayed due to late arrival of incoming aircraft which caused mandatory safety check after a hard landing of aircraft. They said it was an extraordinary circumstance and refused to pay compemsation. Im not aure if that case is an extraordinary circumstance. An incoming flight has nothing to do with it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

170Posts Today

2,247Users online

Martin's Twitter