Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • michellep45
    • By michellep45 13th Jan 09, 7:37 PM
    • 199Posts
    • 125Thanks
    michellep45
    0 WOW
    boots 75% off????
    • 13th Jan 09, 7:37 PM
    0 WOW
    boots 75% off???? 13th Jan 09 at 7:37 PM
    hi can any1 tell me when boots have their 75% off ive loads of pressies to buy and this would really help
    thanks
Page 29
  • poppysmum
    I spoke too soon ...... sorry everyone
    Mine says generic error when i try and checkout
    • amandajim36
    • By amandajim36 22nd Jan 09, 1:15 PM
    • 264 Posts
    • 92 Thanks
    amandajim36
    managed to get my order done at last a few things have sold out but just happy to get an order through
  • happi
    Don't you just love Boots! I feel like I've spent most of my life recently looking at Boots' website in anticipation of the sale (having previously spent hours/days trying to order) so was really excited to almost place an order today for it to just disappear, along with most of the items I wanted to buy.

What's making it worse is that when looking at the toys, I noticed that the web address has the words DIM_PARENT_CATEGORY_ in it...exactly what I feel like for wasting so much time!!!

Good luck to everyone,

Happi (or maybe not so Happy)
  • poppysmum
    How can everything be out of stock now when site was down - im sooooo angry
  • NIMI
    they must have updated the system while it was down, so that stuff that is out of stock can be shown as oos, rather then causing confusion and the whole creating that fiasco that happened last week.
    LLB HONS
    im well chuffed...........
  • poppysmum
    NowI have an order confirmation by email, but it said a generic error on line - i am gonna get my tub of kalms tablets lol
  • char_student
    im still getting generic error message???!
    If I say something you like....Please hit the thanks button
  • koolcat99
    When I put sale items in my basket 75% off - they go back to full price once in basket....
  • Lindz Delirium
    I managed to get a few bits online this morning, luckily. I also popped into Wellingborough Boots today and they had quite a few bits left. The Sales Assistant said they keep gettign sale stock delivered radnomly so I may pop back
    • themadbird
    • By themadbird 22nd Jan 09, 1:52 PM
    • 240 Posts
    • 104 Thanks
    themadbird
    I just got a couple of different bits online, the Scents of Occasion Gift Set, Fish Party Purse and a few packs of cards. That's it for me now though. Good luck to everyone else today
    Everyone has a photographic memory, it's just some of them don't have film.
    • LittleBill
    • By LittleBill 22nd Jan 09, 2:26 PM
    • 1,500 Posts
    • 4,598 Thanks
    LittleBill
    Goodness ... What a slog!

I have finally managed to place an order on the sale stuff ...

I logged out and filled my basket again and checked out without entering my advantage card details ... I almost couldn't believe it when it went through
    LittleBill ...

"The riches of a man can be measured by what he can do without"

January 2014 GC: 99.98 / 100
    / February 2014 GC: 198.72 / 200
    March
    2014 GC: 0 / 200 - NSD: 0/31
  • blueeyez
    I had a problem with my advantage card being registered to my old account, in the end I registered my new account for a new advantage card so I could use it right away, once my new card comes I'll call them and ask them to transfer the old card points to the new one.
    Originally posted by Toto

thanks for that i'll do the same
    everyone is wonderfull well all most
  • Iamstressed
    I have finally managed to place an order!

The ... site kept crashing on Firefox so i used AOL
  • Jenjenf21
    I am so fed up with this it is a joke, if i had a pound for every time i added stuff to my basked, tried to view my basket and got a error id be rich now! I STILL havent been able to put a order in i only want about 5 things but the time it takes for me to order and get through checkout i lose it or just get more errors! IM NOT A HAPPY BUNNY SPENT A DAY OF MY LIFE DOING THIS RUBBISH AND HAVE NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT NOW THE SITES DOWN AGAIN!
  • Grizzly2002
    I managed to place an order this morning at 8.15am no problems. Tried to place another this aft and got the generic error at checkout, couldnt get back to my basket after that so ended up ringing CS and they placed the order over the phone. See the site is down again, what problems Boots are having over the past week or so! Send in the computer experts to put them right please!
    • allybee13
    • By allybee13 22nd Jan 09, 4:48 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 50 Thanks
    allybee13
    I'm really hacked off with the whole thing. I had a load of stuff that I wanted to buy before the site crashed first time. Then when it went back up today they all said "Missed Offer" and I couldn't clear my basket.

Managed to get back in and grab a load of great buys for birthday pressies and then it crashed again!!!

Get it sorted Boots!
    Debt Free since Feb 2007
    • luxor4t
    • By luxor4t 22nd Jan 09, 4:52 PM
    • 10,923 Posts
    • 39,477 Thanks
    luxor4t
    Boots 75% sale crashed on me within 5 minutes of starting (& I seemed to be on the last, slowest server too) & now the site is down AGAIN.

Boo to Boots.
  • mimi1uk
    re boots
    just had a call from boots as called to complain this morning and i was told the sale will not be reactivated anymore, hope this is correct but i was glad to hear it as i am so tired of wasting my time , well done to those of u who managed to get some bargins
    • emmbee
    • By emmbee 22nd Jan 09, 5:18 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    emmbee
    Can anyone who was ordering from boots.com when the 75% sale was first on today tell me whether the ruby and millie color compact was back in stock and any soap and glory things? Just wondering whether these were out of stock to begin with or they were in stock today and sold out quick
    • x__Indigo_x
    • By x__Indigo_x 22nd Jan 09, 5:20 PM
    • 1,101 Posts
    • 1,287 Thanks
    x__Indigo_x
    Can anyone who was ordering from boots.com when the 75% sale was first on today tell me whether the ruby and millie color compact was back in stock and any soap and glory things? Just wondering whether these were out of stock to begin with or they were in stock today and sold out quick
    Originally posted by emmbee
    they were in stock about 2pm :confused:
    I am a full time Benefit and Money Adviser for a leading non profit charity and I LOVE my job <3
    Comments posted on this forum do not reflect the views of my employer

Please note forum police I suffer from dyslexia so my spelling and grammar can be dreadful- sorry but I cant help it!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

183Posts Today

2,157Users online

Martin's Twitter