Great 'Best Value Cabin Luggage' Hunt

Comments

• I got our Ryanair sized bags from Makro at £9.99 but our biggest saving is the Post Office pre paid Visa Electron card you have to put £50 on it to start then all our Ryanair flights do not have the £5.00 per person each way booking fee so a £1.00 or £5.00 flight only costs us that.. and I think its the same with Easy Jet YOU CAN HAVE A DAYOR WEEKEND IN DUBLIN FOR £5.00
    each way using this and no repeat no extras
  • Incapuppy
    Incapuppy Posts: 5,713 Forumite
    TOM_FARRAR wrote: »
    but our biggest saving is the Post Office pre paid Visa Electron card you have to put £50 on it to start then all our Ryanair flights do not have the £5.00 per person each way booking fee so a £1.00 or £5.00 flight only costs us that.. and I think its the same with Easy Jet YOU CAN HAVE A DAYOR WEEKEND IN DUBLIN FOR £5.00
    each way using this and no repeat no extras

Great hand baggage tip, thanks :p
  • Sports Direct (and sportsdirect.com) are doing a 20" Dunlop trolley case well within the measurements (approx 50 x 34 x 19cm) and v light for £7.99
  • At £12.97 this case fits the EJ and RyanAir requirements for hand baggage. Apart from the price, it is polyester constructed so it stays the same size. When looking at trolley luggage watch out for the wheels as some labels do not give overall dimensions. This case weighs 3kg so that gives you 7kg to play with on RyanAir but EJ has no weight restriction. Get some electronic bathroom scales at home. Save hotel plastic shampoo bottles for your liquids - 100ml of shampoo should last you a week away.
  • mitzimog
    mitzimog Posts: 13 Forumite
    I bought the 'Upptacka' cabin bag with wheels, which comes with a matching briefcase, for £19 when Ikea had it on sale. It's currently £45 if you have an Ikea Family card. It's the perfect size, very lightweight, rolls smoothly, looks different from other bags so easy to recognise, and is nicely designed inside. I have also gotten a lot of use out of the briefcase--which is big enough to double as an overnight bag if all I need to bring is a lightweight change of clothes in addition to my laptop.
    Even at the higher price I think this set is a good deal, much more functional than the "cheap" cabin bag my husband bought on sale for £20 at Debenham's recently.
  • JJS
    JJS Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    MSE_Jenny wrote: »
    What’s this about?

Big pockets help beat weight limits ...

Plus if you know of any cheap coats with big pockets, which you can stuff with extra weight, post 'em too. As an example, MoneySaver terry 227 came up with the ingenious idea of wearing an engineers’ coat as they come with so many pockets ( looks like these ).

I think the link to the jackets should be
    www dot portwest dot com slash products2.php?item=142
    Sorry can't post link - site says I'm a new user, cos I forgot my password!
  • the best hand luggage i have found was in ikea lightweight and folds flat it is the corrwct hand luggage size for easyjeat and ryanair have used on both ithink it was under £10
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • On a recent trip to Jersey with BMI baby I had tried to keep costs down by only taking hand luggage. This proved very difficult as they want cabin luggage to measure no more than 55x40x20cm and they check on several occasions to make sure your luggage will fit in their size cages/boxes. We took rucksacks which just fitted with effort of pushing and squeezing into place. The staff seemed to be willing our luggage not to fit! Incidentally, the magazine on board the plane advertised a case which can be "easily taken as carry-on luggage" and measures 50.8x35.6x22.9cm. Have they tried putting that in their cage and getting it out in one piece?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure