The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Comments

• Improve your environment. Pay attention to how the things you surround yourself with make you feel. Pick at least one thing in all the following areas and upgrade in a way that gives you even more joy and energy:
    • Your home
    • Your car
    • Your clothes
    • Your general appearance
    • Your exercise routine
    • The food you eat
    • The music you listen to
    • The news you pay attention to
    I love this list. Thank you. I needed to hear that :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Mind you I don't need it really after accidentally eating two jam donuts. :o

:rotfl:that is so me!
  • In the words of the late great Whitney Houston "It's not right, but its okay. I'm going to make it anyway' :)

I'm more of an Alice Cooper girl :rotfl: but the sentiment is very appreciated.:)
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • I love this list. Thank you. I needed to hear that :)

I failed on the food you eat today. Donuts...mmmmmmm

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • :rotfl:that is so me!

I won't mention the third donut then. Skulks away with shame on my face. :o

• So an update. I'm pleased with my achievements today. I feel very exhausted though. Still it highlights the work ahead of me to get everything sorted but every little step is a positive one.:j

Today I did

Get up to date with washing. Done
    Hang curtains. Done
    Make space in spare room for airer - buy new airer. Done
    Buy two new long sleeve jersey tops. I have none without holes. Done
    Clear out three bags of rubbish/charity shop/recycling. Take to charity shop. one bag for charity shop. Loads of junk thrown out and a big pile to recycling. This has now been deposited at the charity shop
    Pay a small amount of debt.
    Do lots and lots of housework!. Forever Ongoing

I will also start my woodwork in the hall. Not started

My huge step forward today has been the charity shop run. It was all DS's t shirts. He wouldn't wear any this year as he likes his arms covered and they would not have fit next year if he changes his mind. Throwing out his stuff has always been a massive struggle so such an achievement for me.:T I don't think I could do the baby or toddler stuff though. I suppose as long as the saved pile doesn't get bigger I will be ok.

I'm going to spend half an hour in the sewing room then have a nice bath. I really wish I was off work tomorrow to carry on. Tomorrow night DS is going to a new football club :eek:(we don't do football in this house -Where did I go wrong with him):rotfl:, so nothing will be done tomorrow night. I guess I will have to wait until Friday after work. :(.

Thanks for your support everyone. Now if someone could wire my jaw shut when donuts are in town I would be ok. No wonder I rarely buy them.

Night all

• Doing grand there Parsniphead :D
    :A
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Leaving the third doughnut in the bag when it so clearly wanted to join the others would have smacked of heartlessness - so you did the right thing. :)

Just give yourself a rest from doing that particular right things again tomorrow. :D

Absolutely crackingly good going on the jobs list (especially the hard-to-part-with tee shirts - but maybe they will make someone else happy). About the art department - perhaps you need to be keeping an ear to the ground for a full-time opportunity there?
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    I won't mention the third donut then. Skulks away with shame on my face. :o

This is me with crisps :rotfl:
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • I have to leave even numbers of thinigs so that the boys don't argue. If I eat one to many, I have to have another to balance it out. Then I have to eat the last two so they don't realise that I had them in the first place.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure