Charles Stanley Direct to increase fee to 0.35%

Comments

• masonic wrote: »
    I mean funds that aren't investment trusts or ETFs.

So funds that aren't investment trusts or ETFs are all open ended?
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 8,902
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Fund in this sense is a generic or umbrella term for Unit Trusts, OEICs etc and these are open ended. Investment Trusts and ETFs are not funds in that sense
  • I currently have a combination of ISA's, Junior ISA's (for my daughters) and a SIPP with CSD.

In an ideal world I'd move all of these to Vanguard's platform now - but of course Vanguard won't have a SIPP offering until the end of the year.

From what I can see, you would transfer each account individually anyway; so presumably I could transfer the ISA and JISA's now and then leave the SIPP with CSD until the Vanguard offering is availa ble and then move this later in the year?

If I give notice of my intention to transfer the SIPP, would I be able to avoid the transfer charge for the SIPP even though I wouldn't move it until after the 30 days stated in the terms?
  • ColdIron
    Forumite
    CSD say they will waive the fees if the transfer instructions are received by 10th September. After that they are not obliged to
  • ColdIron wrote: »
    CSD say they will waive the fees if the transfer instructions are received by 10th September. After that they are not obliged to

I only have LTGE and AXA Framlington Global Tech with CSD atm, can those be transferred to HL for example as they are without coming out the market (selling/buying again)?

Also as the S&S ISA with CSD is this tax year, and the amount is not the full 20K, if i transfer these to HL can I then continue to add money to HL for this year then (and obviously close the CSD S&S ISA)?
  • rail.link
    rail.link Posts: 245 Forumite
    Have they waived the account closing fee, as well?
  • ColdIron
    Forumite
    rail.link wrote: »
    Have they waived the account closing fee, as well?
    I don't think CSD levy an account closure fee, just the transfer out/withdrawal charge per line
  • ColdIron
    Forumite
    I only have LTGE and AXA Framlington Global Tech with CSD atm, can those be transferred to HL for example as they are without coming out the market (selling/buying again)?
    HL offer a cheaper class D of the Lindsell Train fund at 0.54% than CSD's B class at 0.74%. While this is usually a good thing it does mean that it can't be simply re-registered and would probably need to be transferred as cash and re-purchased, so some time out of the market. No problems with the AXA fund as they both offer the Z class at 0.83%
    Also as the S&S ISA with CSD is this tax year, and the amount is not the full 20K, if i transfer these to HL can I then continue to add money to HL for this year then (and obviously close the CSD S&S ISA)?
    As long as you transfer all this year's subscriptions to HL you can continue with HL up to the annual limit

You do know that HL's platform fee at 0.45% is still higher than CSD's new 0.35%? The AXA fund would cost you 0.10% more with HL and Lindsell Train 0.10% less so it's pretty marginal
  • ColdIron wrote: »
    You do know that HL's platform fee at 0.45% is still higher than CSD's new 0.35%? The AXA fund would cost you 0.10% more with HL and Lindsell Train 0.10% less so it's pretty marginal

Yes but i was intending putting more ££ into LTGE and have more in that than the AXA (especially as the AXA fund is high risk)

Silly question.... HL have told me they calculate fees at end of the month (not daily like CSD), so I know it would be a pain to do and potentially a few days out of the market, but I could sell my big holdings at the end of each month until the start of the next then buy them again and my HL fee would be considerably less??
  • ColdIron
    Forumite
    Yes but i was intending putting more ££ into LTGE and have more in that than the AXA (especially as the AXA fund is high risk)
    It might still be marginal, are we talking a five figure sum or a six figure one? Only you know the values and proportions, run the numbers and make your own determination. It might be the cost of a kebab or a flight to Bangkok each year
    Silly question.... HL have told me they calculate fees at end of the month (not daily like CSD), so I know it would be a pain to do and potentially a few days out of the market, but I could sell my big holdings at the end of each month until the start of the next then buy them again and my HL fee would be considerably less??
    Sounds bonkers to me but I'm about to have a large Bloody Mary so I'll leave it to others to list the reasons. :) Don't let the charges tail wag the investment dog
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure