DHL gripe

I ordered a parcel, and it was due to be delivered yesterday, by UKMail(aka DHL).

I was emailed with a delivery window of an hour...which passed and no parcel arrived...I then had an email to say there had been a delay - and it would be with me shortly...over 24 hours later I am still waiting!

I tracked the parcel online and apparently they tried to deliver yesterday - when I KNOW I was in...and the attempted delivery was apparently one hour BEFORE they sent me the email that said the parcel was delayed!
(I know this sounds confusing, but this is what their tracking says)

What annoys me most...is that the same company did the same thing to me a few months ago.

I have emailed for an explanation (especially about the 'we tried to deliver') but of course with it being the weekend I probably won't hear until Monday...if then!

I am SO annoyed!

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I ordered a parcel, and it was due to be delivered yesterday, by UKMail(aka DHL).

I was emailed with a delivery window of an hour...which passed and no parcel arrived...I then had an email to say there had been a delay - and it would be with me shortly...over 24 hours later I am still waiting!

I tracked the parcel online and apparently they tried to deliver yesterday - when I KNOW I was in...and the attempted delivery was apparently one hour BEFORE they sent me the email that said the parcel was delayed!
    (I know this sounds confusing, but this is what their tracking says)

What annoys me most...is that the same company did the same thing to me a few months ago.

I have emailed for an explanation (especially about the 'we tried to deliver') but of course with it being the weekend I probably won't hear until Monday...if then!

I am SO annoyed!

This sort of stuff is down to KPIs and tracking systems.

They will be expected to deliver?attempt delivery of X% of packets per day.
    So something happened. vehicle breakdown/sick or something. So they will have 'closed off' the tracking on the item,hence the attempted delivery track.
    They likely dont have a scan for breakdown/sick or whatever.
  • I understand the frustration, but you can!!!8217;t really be annoyed that you won!!!8217;t hear back until Monday. It!!!8217;s literally a couple of days, and knowing won!!!8217;t make your stuff arrive in the meantime.
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,163 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I used to work for DHL many years ago, but nowadays I wouldn't use them.

I recently had an item delivered by them and they would give a time, so I stayed in the whole day waiting; when it hadn't arrived by the end of the working day, they told me that their "day" was up to 9 at night. It was delivered at 7 and the driver told me he hadn't collected it from the depot til lunchtime.

One of those companies who don't care about their customers and treat them with total disregard.
  • kiddy_guy
    kiddy_guy Posts: 987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    prowla wrote: »
    I used to work for DHL many years ago, but nowadays I wouldn't use them.

I recently had an item delivered by them and they would give a time, so I stayed in the whole day waiting; when it hadn't arrived by the end of the working day, they told me that their "day" was up to 9 at night. It was delivered at 7 and the driver told me he hadn't collected it from the depot til lunchtime.

One of those companies who don't care about their customers and treat them with total disregard.

But hold on...

UK parcels have only recently migrated to DHL, so it's not a comparable service to your experience some years ago.

And if they choose to deliver upto 9pm, then I'd prefer they delivered then rather than finish at 7pm and return back to depot as occurs with other parcel firms.
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,163 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    kiddy_guy wrote: »
    But hold on...

UK parcels have only recently migrated to DHL, so it's not a comparable service to your experience some years ago.

And if they choose to deliver upto 9pm, then I'd prefer they delivered then rather than finish at 7pm and return back to depot as occurs with other parcel firms.
    The delivery I mentioned was last year.

The point about the delivery was that, for all their investment in track & trace, I had no information and waited in for 11 hours at their pleasure (the first 4 hours being before they'd even loaded it into the van).
  • Prinzessilein
    Prinzessilein Posts: 3,257 Forumite
    I understand the frustration, but you can!!!8217;t really be annoyed that you won!!!8217;t hear back until Monday. It!!!8217;s literally a couple of days, and knowing won!!!8217;t make your stuff arrive in the meantime.

I am somewhat irked that they lied about 'attempting to deliver.

I am somewhat irked that they didn't even attempt to deliver yesterday.
    (Saturday)

I am somewhat irked that they emailed me on Friday evening to say it would be with me 'shortly' which was a full hour after their supposed attempt at delivery.

I am somewhat irked that they have some of the worst customer service I have ever come across.

The fact that I have to wait until tomorrow for a response is way down on my list of gripes with DHL!
  • custardy
    custardy wrote: »
    This sort of stuff is down to KPIs and tracking systems.

They will be expected to deliver?attempt delivery of X% of packets per day.
    So something happened. vehicle breakdown/sick or something. So they will have 'closed off' the tracking on the item,hence the attempted delivery track.
    They likely dont have a scan for breakdown/sick or whatever.
    I am somewhat irked that they lied about 'attempting to deliver.

I am somewhat irked that they didn't even attempt to deliver yesterday.
    (Saturday)

I am somewhat irked that they emailed me on Friday evening to say it would be with me 'shortly' which was a full hour after their supposed attempt at delivery.

I am somewhat irked that they have some of the worst customer service I have ever come across.

The fact that I have to wait until tomorrow for a response is way down on my list of gripes with DHL!

Did you read my reply?
    Do they deliver at all on a Saturday for standard parcel services?
  • Prinzessilein
    custardy wrote: »
    Did you read my reply?
    Do they deliver at all on a Saturday for standard parcel services?

Yes, I did read the reply....
    and no, DHL do not generally deliver on a Saturday.

I actually find this rather surprising - for a large company I would have thought Saturday delivery was standard.

And I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a company to have the equipment necessary to give you a truthful explanation of why your parcel is not being delivered....and it doesn't explain that I was given two different excuses.

As someone who is disabled, I rely on internet shopping more than most...and have to say that DHL is the WORST delivery company I have come across.
  • custardy
    Yes, I did read the reply....
    and no, DHL do not generally deliver on a Saturday.

I actually find this rather surprising - for a large company I would have thought Saturday delivery was standard.

And I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a company to have the equipment necessary to give you a truthful explanation of why your parcel is not being delivered....and it doesn't explain that I was given two different excuses.

As someone who is disabled, I rely on internet shopping more than most...and have to say that DHL is the WORST delivery company I have come across.

Most 'large' couriers dont deliver on a Saturday unless at a premium.
    Its another full day of costs to run the full operation.
    what are the two different excuses you got?
  • Prinzessilein
    Two excuses...I was told the driver was delayed and the parcel would with me shortly.

Then I was told there had been an attempted delivery - apparently an hour BEFORE they sent the first notification.

The attempted delivery did NOT happen....not only did no one ring my bell, two other people have confirmed there was no attempt at the time stated.

Amazon deliver as standard on a Saturday !!!8230;.as do Hermes
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport