Faulty Laptop help

Hi all

Can someone help me with were I stand with a faulty laptop.:confused:
I bought it in Feb 2008 from Littlewoods. It came straight from the supplier - Hi Grade!

After 3 months the charger broke and they had to send me a new one, then in October it stopped working completely. It turns on but thats it, nothing on the screen but can hear the fan working. After a quick google I discovered it isn't only me this has happened to.

Anyway I sent it back to Hi Grade who told me there was water damage on the keyboard which wasn't covered by the warranty but they would kindly fix it for £30!!!!
I told them no, just fix the problem with it starting. I got the laptop back and all seemed fine until last week when the same problem occured!

I have just rang Hi Grade who said that as the laptop is out of warranty and the original repair is out of its 3 month warranty there is nothing they can do.

Before I contact Littlewoods I just wondered if anyone knew where I stand with them.
I haven't fully paid for it yet (as I got it on buy now pay later) so can I return it to them and refuse to pay?
Or should they replace it?

Thank you very very much for any advise

Dawn ;)

Comments

• phlogeston
    phlogeston Posts: 228 Forumite
    Your contract is with Littlewoods, so forget about Hi Grade.

Put your complaint in writing to their head office and to the finance company. Ask for a repair or replacement laptop.

They can offer a refund (less a reasonable amount for the use you have from the item).

If no joy, put your dispute to the finance company and only offer to pay a reasonable amount for 1 year's use of a laptop.
  • 4743hudsonj
    4743hudsonj Posts: 3,298 Forumite
    im in a very similar situation with my laptop! accept i have an extended warrenty.

Don't worry, your covered by the sale of goods act to a degree, this is a brief post as im not on for long but if you need more info, send me a private message.

regards josh
    Back by no demand whatsoever.
  • Dajo_2
    Dajo_2 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Thank you very much, thats brilliant.

I will do it today

Dawn :cheesy:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing