No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries October 2019

Options

Comments

• London_baby
    Options
    UUs during woek business trip:

Primark deep cleansing facial wipes: WNBA, served its purpose as travel wipes but trying to switch to my eco-friendly brands.

Aldi anti-bacterial wipes: WMBA

Child's farm sweet orange hair & body wash: WMBA,, smeels nice and not too drying.

Ins:

Aldi Ombia Sensitive facial wipes - Needed as a replacement for the used up wipes.
    2 x Yves Rocher anti-perspirant roll- ons; 1 x China Green tea, 1 x Thai Lotus flower - HG, especially as Yves Rocher UK website closed down this year.

I hope to use more products for my next work trip this week.
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    One UU from this afternoon:

SVR Sebiaclear SPF50+ Creme 50ml WDBA and have done. Lovely SPF, no white cast and it doesn't break me out.
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    Will have some INs shortly. I completed a survey for QVC recently and they offered me a beauty bundle for £20 (value of £99.00) which I didn't order. They have sent me a reminder over the weekend and as it's still available and I'll use all the products (bar the Tweak'd stuff) I decided to order. 11 full sized products for £20 with free p&p - is a bargain.

I got that too and bought the pack, it was worth it just for the Elemis toner in my opinion so to have all the extras was brilliant!
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    kadison wrote: »
    I got that too and bought the pack, it was worth it just for the Elemis toner in my opinion so to have all the extras was brilliant!

I know, for me it was worth it to get the Skinsense and Prai so that I can try the brand. What colour OPI did you get? I got Teal Me More Teal Me More which is a colour I would not have chosen myself but am wearing it today and it's quite nice.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    Options
    Snake Venom eye cream
    [STRIKE] Lacura Q10 serum[/STRIKE]
    Liz Earle Skin Repair - cut open
    The Ordinary Rosehip oil
    ABC Body lotion
    L'Occitane Cherry blossom shower gel
    Elemis shower milk (tonka bean)

E45 cream
    Bath and Body Works shea butter body lotion
    Boots Nail Polish remover - new one bought in readiness

At last the Lacura serum has gone. Not that I wanted it gone but it's felt like it was at an end for ages. Fabulous product. Fabulous value. Have another to replace it with. It is safe to say that I won't need to buy any skincare for the foreseeable future.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    One UU this morning:

Maui Moisture Strength & Anti Breakage Agave Shampoo 385ml WDBA and have done. Love this shampoo, it doesn't irritate my scalp and leaves my hair feeling nice when used with the matching conditioner. Replaced with my back up bottle.
  • InaPickle
    InaPickle Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello to all the newbies! :wave:

halogen wrote: »
    is there anything you can do with unwanted toiletries that are open, other than pouring down the sink?
    These days in the average year I buy/use shampoo, shower gel and Antiperspirant. That's it. However in my youth I was a bit of a sucker for a quick fix and i have bag and bags of products that I tried once and decided I didn't like. I now have no use for 99% of them. I have a bathroom overspill cupboard, and that cupboard has an over spill bag which has an overspill box. I'd like the space back!

Are they all open? If you only have a few open ones, you might have to get rid of those but you could check the unopened ones and if they are still OK donate to a charity shop or similar (so long as it's not clear that you have opened them).
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• InaPickle
    InaPickle Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello everyone! :wave:

I'm just back from an unexpected break. While I was in Duty Free I thought I had forgotten my mascara, so invested in a Lancome Monsieur Big mascara which came with a free Bi-Facil Eye Cleanser (30ml) and a small khol crayon for the same price as the mascara on it's own. How could I say no?

I was *not* happy when I eventually found the trial size Estee Lauder mascara tucked in my handbag once I got off the plane, though! :mad:

I found some Lady Gaga The Fame perfume while I was away, too. I like the smell of this and use it as my everyday perfume, but cannot find it for sale anywhere in this country any more, so I bought two bottles (t'was nice and cheap! ;)) and left money for someone to pick me up a couple more, so I'm probably set for that for the next 5 years now! :rotfl:

That's it from Pickle Towers. I hope you are all keeping well. :)
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• VALM
    Options
    dolly84, I have seen UD Primer Potion on https://www.saveonmakeup.co.uk. It's a travel size at £4.99 - I've heard that you only need to use this sparingly so might be worth bearing in mind in future.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    I know, for me it was worth it to get the Skinsense and Prai so that I can try the brand. What colour OPI did you get? I got Teal Me More Teal Me More which is a colour I would not have chosen myself but am wearing it today and it's quite nice.

I got 'You're the shade that I want!', which is a hot pink. I think people in the first flux of the survey all got the same one so it's probably the same for everyone doing it now.

Clearly there'll be another GREASE themed one in the next phase! :D
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business