Want To Cancel Your Virgin Media Contract?

Comments

• visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    don't cancel the DD, call them on 150 and select the I'm thinking of leaving option - then tell them you want to leave.

They will likely offer you a deal, but it you really want to leave just stand by your guns and they will eventually let you go...
  • sudu
    sudu Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 26 January 2012 at 12:04AM
    Nanageddon wrote: »
    Want To Cancel Your Virgin Media Contract?

Cable TV Or Internet

Write To

Virgin media ltd
    Virgin media Cancelation Team
    PO box 333
    Matrix Court
    Swansea
    SA2 9BB

Send Recorded Delivery

Virgin media ltd
    Virgin media Cancelation Team
    Matrix Court
    Siemens Way,
    Swansea Enterprise Park,
    Swansea, SA7 9BB

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  • Can someone HELP PLEASE?? I got my TIVO Box installed yesterday and absolutely HATE IT! Its a stupid silly environment and dont want it anymore. I am bound to an 18 months contract but absolutely HATED the product!!! What can I do???????
  • yalisrib
    yalisrib Posts: 96 Forumite
    Can someone HELP PLEASE?? I got my TIVO Box installed yesterday and absolutely HATE IT! Its a stupid silly environment and dont want it anymore. I am bound to an 18 months contract but absolutely HATED the product!!! What can I do???????

How much do you pay monthly? I have been planning on leaving for a while but couldnt afford to end early - then today got a letter through saying my bill was going up by 50p a month. 20 minutes later I had cancelled my contract for free!
    Total Wins 2011: Zilch :( :wall:
  • i have been in my contract for just over a year now, and have just called to cancle contract, so why am i being charged £25 to leave?
  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    motogp1983 wrote: »
    i have been in my contract for just over a year now, and have just called to cancle contract, so why am i being charged £25 to leave?

ask them? Some contracts are 18 months - you may also have additional services which could be affecting your termination charges.
  • Hockeynut
    Hockeynut Posts: 81 Forumite
    I'm moving house in about 1 month's time. In Oct 2011 we got Tivo installed at our current place. It looks like the new place doens't get TV as it has no cable. I think that means I'm about 4-5 months into a new 12 month contract, it costs us about £39/month I think.
    You're in a Virgin Media National broadband area
    You're not in a fibre optic cable area, so we can't give you TV. But we can give you Virgin Broadband using your existing phone line.

I would dearly love to keep the TV/Phone/Internet package, but I assume I can't. I obviously don't wan't to pay a hefty cancellation/early leaving fee.

Can anyone offer any advice for this situation to avoid large fees?

yalisrib wrote: »
    How much do you pay monthly? I have been planning on leaving for a while but couldnt afford to end early - then today got a letter through saying my bill was going up by 50p a month. 20 minutes later I had cancelled my contract for free!

Is that down to you being able to leave due to them changing the contract? How long do you get after being notified to be able to do that?
  • Hockeynut
    Hockeynut Posts: 81 Forumite
    yalisrib wrote: »

Thank you so much for this. I received a letter last month letting me know that mine was going up on 1st April, by £3.50. I phoned up this morning and cancelled under section J3 here: http://shop.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-cable-services.html#ending It felt nice to beat the system for once. No cancel/exit fee at all now! :T
    If we and/or Virgin Media Payments:
    a. increase our respective charges under this agreement;
    b. make significant changes to the services so the services you are entitled to receive in return for the charges you pay are significantly altered or reduced; or
    c. make significant changes to the terms and conditions of this agreement (including the other legal stuff),

you may cancel those services affected without penalty by giving us and/or Virgin Media Payments (as applicable) at least 30 days' notice. Such notice must be given within 30 days of the increase in charges or changes to the services or this agreement being notified to you. If you were not notified of these changes in advance, you must give notice of cancellation of the services affected to us and/or Virgin Media Payments (as applicable) within 30 days of receipt of your first bill following such increase in charges. If you do not give notice of cancellation within the specified period, you will be deemed to have accepted the increase in charges and/or the changes to the services and this agreement. You will no longer be able to cancel your services under this paragraph. If you cancel any services in these circumstances, the increased charges will not apply to those services during the 30-day notice period and paragraph J2 will not apply if you cancel before the end of the minimum period.
  • I want to cancel my virgin mobile contract, and after reading the thread I will write a letter, I just need help in doing so. After reading VM's terms and conditions, I believe that I shouldn't need to pay any fees as they made me pay for 2 contracts for one phone and this went on for 2 months, does this really entitle me to anything at all?
  • Mrs_SCW
    Mrs_SCW Posts: 14 Forumite
    I'm fed up with VM and appauled with their CS. 2 guys from VM came round to check my cable as there are upgrades in our area. This was on 3/4/12, on leaving, I discovered I have no internet access. I beieve the men turned off the internet access as it was working fine before they arrived. I spent 4 hours on the phone to CS and the upshot is that they wont do anything about it until 14/4/12. I am only 7 months into my contract but want out now. Can I leave under section J3?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure