'Why are women too scared to poo?' blog discussion

Options

Comments

• JDPower
    JDPower Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That is my main problem with excreta, I think. If you can smell it, it means that minute particles of faecal matter have become airborne, and are flying up your nose....enough to make anyone gag!:eek:
    What nonsense, next you'll be saying if you walk past a chip shop you're inhaling particles of potato into your lungs :doh:
  • bigpound
    Options
    To those OPs who have made the point about saving on loo roll by going at work... I swear the women at my work place are actually doing this, the loos are used constantly, I mean constantly, I begin to wonder how much c**p people can have in them!
    Spend a weeking eating brussel sprouts for breakfast and get your revenge.
  • nikki2804
    nikki2804 Posts: 2,670 Forumite
    Options
    I used to be like this (scared too poo) but one of the side effects of going into labour was getting a very dicky tummy, funnily enough after that I didn't really care. After all, everyone does it, if they don't then, well, they have MAJOR problems in that area. I do admit though, I put paper down if I'm at a public loo (and on the seat!!).

One girl in my team at work (well I say girl shes 27 but would like to think she's 18) thinks its disgusting that people poo at work. They should wait till they go home. Hmmmm.

I no longer care if my OH 'knows' I poo. He seen me give birth, so he's seen it all really. Poor sod :rotfl:
  • in_the_Cotswolds
    Options
    I'm in the reserve forces and when we go away we normally end up about eight blokes to a room. You won't believe the dawn chorus!! Good job smoking has been banned in public buildings, one spark and all the methane will blow the roof off!!
  • mademoiselle_2
    Options
    JDPower wrote: »
    What nonsense, next you'll be saying if you walk past a chip shop you're inhaling particles of potato into your lungs :doh:

No, that's the chip fatparticlesyou can smell. Because liquids become airborne far more easily than solids.

Which explains why (not to put too fine a point on it) if you are constipated and struggle to excrete a very dry poo, it doesn't smell very much. Whereas, if you have diahorrea, it smells like the very devil! Because it gets into the air quicker.

Believe me, if you go into a lavatory and it stinks something awful, you are inhaling particles of that which caused the stink!

Does anyone else remember the article that was posted on MSE a few months back, about how fecal matter gets sprayed all around by the flush of the lavatory? It was certainly enough to make you keep your mouth closed while in there!!!:eek:
  • JDPower
    JDPower Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Options
    No, that's the chip fatparticlesyou can smell. Because liquids become airborne far more easily than solids.
    Oh so our lungs are being filled with chip fat along with faecal matter (and little chunks of anything else we happen to catch a whiff of). Do you seriously believe there are solid particles of an item in it's smell? If so how come our lungs don't end up filling up with all this solid matter?
    Which explains why (not to put too fine a point on it) if you are constipated and struggle to excrete a very dry poo, it doesn't smell very much. Whereas, if you have diahorrea, it smells like the very devil! Because it gets into the air quicker.
    Actually the reason diarrhoea smells worse is down to it being so much more undigested, unfortunately bowel matters is something I know far too well :(
  • not_loaded
    not_loaded Posts: 1,187 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    …Believe me, if you go into a lavatory and it stinks something awful, you are inhaling particles of that which caused the stink!
    Does anyone else remember the article that was posted on MSE a few months back, about how fecal matter gets sprayed all around by the flush of the lavatory? It was certainly enough to make you keep your mouth closed while in there!!!:eek:
    And that is why we’ve all died of terrible diseases from visiting toilets throughout our lives.

Oh, hang on a minute, we haven’t have we?

We all need some exposure to germs in our lives to develop some resistance. Too big a topic for here really, but the current obsession of killing 99.9% of household germs with expensive wipes and sprays for every room in the house is actually doing your family a huge disservice.
  • guineapig
    Options
    I have no problem dropping a log at work, but what I can't stand is when someone in the next cubicle doesn't have the decency to push one out quietly.
    I'll be sitting there, curteously keeping my evacuation audio to a minimum, when someone storms into the bog next door, breathing and grunting loudly as they drop their pants and paste the porcelein before adding a few bowl-amplified farts for good measure, to which I always mouth the words "nice one" whilst giving a sarcastic, approving nod!
    If I have a particularly shame-free neighbour next door, the remainder of their pit-stop is accompanied by never ending sighs of relief, like they just claimed a victory after an intense battle or something.

It's very rare that a post makes me laugh out loud, but yours painted a very graphic picture, I needed the laugh thanks!

There was an old saying that " you know you are the best of friends when you can in fart in front of someone and not be embarrased"

I have been married for over 20 years and we both fart at will and often comment and congratulate each other on a particularly "tuneful" or "mournfull" fart :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

But we have a fantastic relationship and all joking aside if I couldn't fart in front of my oh or he found women doing that offensive, then, I would seriously wonder what other "issues" were going to crop up?

I buy ( and use) paper toilet seat covers ( buy in UK from janitorial supplies company) and a spray that I carry in my bag ( just in case) I rarely need to use it, but its often useful if you follow in on the tail end of someone elses er, fog:D

So, go prepared and then just GO!!:p
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    I have come across this phenomena before amongst women I've worked with, but I didn't realise how common it is, judging by the responses. I feel for people who are uptight about their bodily functions even with their significant others though - I thought you were supposed to be able to relax with the one you love!

Fortunately, I don't have this problem. My OH and I have spent the last year living in a caravan, and using the toilets in a shared facility along with other people on the site. Caravans have chemical toilets in them, but there's a kind of unwritten rule, that you don't do a #2 in them, unless it's a dire emergency, so the majority of people go to the shower/toilet block and it's quite common to be sitting in a cubicle and overhearing other people's bodily functions taking place! :rotfl:

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • Amanda_Shoe007
    Options
    I actually have nightmares where I am forced to sit on a toilet in a public place, or in a cubicle with a door that doesn't provide privacy etc. I don't like going to number 2s when I'm out, but if I'm forced to I will always make a loo paper bridge so there are no splashing noises, and spray the cubicle with perfume once I'm finished.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure