Broadband. Who's the Cheapest? Article Discussion Area

Comments

• Hi
    Its not the cheapest you should be looking for but the ones that give you what you pay for, if you want cheap look no further than Tiscali, but I guarantee you, you won't be happy with their service or support, which is the Pits :eek:

Search forums to give you accurate feelings on which provider is doing what, and more importantly who is giving customer satisfaction.

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/

Hope this hleps
  • 1899 have connection from Telewest so that would resolve the call cost issue...
  • According to ISP Review, the most complained about ISP of the past week is Tiscali, with the most complained about ISP in general is Tiscali - (http://www.ispreview.co.uk/new/complain/complain.shtml)

ISP Review readers offer their Top Ten with the following ISP's (http://www.ispreview.co.uk/review/top10.php)...

Naims - 9.83
    SurfAnyTime - 9.66
    ICUK - 9.50
    Zen Internet - 9.41
    FireFly - 9.25
    MetroNet - 9.03
    Freedom2Surf - 8.96
    Waitrose - 8.90
    ADSL4Less - 8.75
    Vispa - 8.61

Maybe its worth paying a little extra ?
  • PlusNet is an award winning broadband provider. I’ve been with them for around two years and was recommended by a friend and never looked back.

Superb service.

They charge £14.99/month for up to 2mb download however this is being upgraded for FREE to up to 8mb download where BT exchanges allow it from April 2006. There is no limit to how much you download per month so fantastic value for money. Not only that but you can register for plus talk FREE which gives FREE Internet calls to other subscribers (Thought you’d like that bit – FREE I remind you)

Enjoy Saving
  • cougar wrote:
    Martin, Madasafish are oowned by this company: http://www.brightview.com/our_isps/index.html some of their other brands are cheaper than madasafish...

IC24 is currently £9.99 for 6 months then £16.99 the next 6 months for an identical service. http://www.ic24.net/services/broadband/

The prices and offers seem to change quite a lot though.

Hi Cougar

IC24 was included in the research and it didn't beat Madasafish at the time. I've just had another look. IC24's current offer (as I'm writing this) is £9.99 a month for 3 months then £16.99 for the next 9 months, an average of £15.24 per month over a year.

Andrea :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Welcome to the forums to any new users coming via Martin's article on broadband and I hope you find lots of help here.

Can I also remind users that referrals are not permitted on the main boards as stated in the MSE rules.

icon7.gif

REFERRAL LINKS/ADVERTISING

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: Sorry, referral links and suggestions are only permitted on the Referrers Board I have asked Board Guides to move any they see on the main boards. If you have any questions about this policy please email [email="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/email].
  • I'm very happy with my Broadband ISP - V21. They have a 2M/2G service for £11-98 per month, but offer a £2 discount to anyone taking their FreeTalk comms package (similar to TalkTalk tariff, with free weekend calls). So I'm effectively paying £9-98 pm, which I consider to be very good value.

I know some people like to keep their ISP/telecoms packages separate and I can understand this. However, as I use 1899 and other telecoms providers, it is hard to find another CPS provider that effectively charges minus £2 per month (ie they give me £2 pm)!
  • phill79
    phill79 Posts: 494 Forumite
    I see know one has mentioned that if you don't live within sight of an exchange, you won't get 8mb and if you live over 5km from an exchange (not very far by the way) then the most you can get is 512k.
  • temin
    temin Posts: 119 Forumite
    I decided to get Telewest in December, but didn't realise that I wouldn't be able to use my wireless ADSL router. Since we are three of us using the wireless router via our wireless cards, I had to return my Telewest package as I would have had to buy a wireless cable router etc and it would have been costly and been too much of a hassle.
    Am now considering Euro1net.
    “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us...."
  • I tried to get onto the madasafish website to check access in my area but was asked for a "promotion code" any ideas?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure