PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Options

Comments

• never_too_old
    Options
    Afternoon all

Some amazing decluttering going on :T

I have nearly taken all my youngest daughters things that she left behind to her house so great for me not so great for her .
    Slowly working my way through my toiletries few more empties this week and no new stuff added to my stash.When i get 5 mins im going to sort through some creams etc that are new and unopened and package them up for the Hygiene Bank.:D
    MAKE £2022 in 2022 no 29 £2022/£434.10
    Mortgage@ 1/1/2022 £17540 / £1601.39
    pay all your debts by xmas 2022 £15000/ £1865.29

https://www.facebook.com/groups/680889456637403
    you tube channel never too old
  • Rootle
    Rootle Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    36/52 - tidied up the bathroom table and quite a few items were recycled or binned.

37/52 - packaging, packaging, packaging recycled (more of this to come!) and a couple of hotel toiletries used up.
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hubby broke the laundry bin - into the landfill bin : (
    Paper and envelopes recycled
    Tidied our home office - can finally move in there.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • IrishRose12
    IrishRose12 Posts: 1,732 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not much decluttering here this past week or so. I've got an extra job for 2 weeks so I've been fit for nothing by the time I get home.
    After next week I'll be bck on the band wagon though and getting things sorted for Christmas.

I did manage to get rid of another black bag of stuff to the charity shop, and have sold a few bits on ebay so not all has stopped. It's just slower than usual.
    Pay all debt off by Christmas 2024 £537/£3,500£1 a day challenge 2024 - £91/£730 Declutter a bag a week in 2024 6/52Lose 24lb - 3/24lbs Read 1 book per week - 5/52Pay off credit card debt 7/100%
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    1. SMALL TASKS WILL BE DONE ASAP
    2. I WILL LEAVE A ROOM TIDIER THAN WHEN I ENTERED
    3. KITCHEN WILL BE LEFT CLEAN & TIDY EVERY NIGHT
    4. WHEN DEALING WITH CLUTTER I WILL USE ‘Daisy1571’s idea of ‘WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THIS ITEM IF IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE’S ?’
    5. IF I WAS STARTING FROM SCRATCH, WOULD I BUY THIS?
    6. BE LIKE A POSTAGE STAMP - STICK TO ONE THING UNTIL YOU GET THERE

Thursday, rain, rain, 2 hours of dry & then the heavens opened. DH went to pick up the hand crank sewing machine that he won the bid on Bay of E. I went out for my hearing test & am biting the bullet & getting hearing aids :( Expensive but I am in the fortunate position that I can treat myself. I am so looking forward to being able to have conversations without having to keep saying pardon :rotfl: or even worse just winging it & hoping I haven’t given offence by mishearing :eek: Also popped into the butchers for lamb loin chops & B**ts for a lipstick, eyeshadow, mascara & face cream - no excuse now not to get rid of ALL my ancient make up - a project for tomorrow;)
    Bacon sarnies for DH & DSis & I had egg sandwich. Dinner was cheesey beans on toast with apple & rhubarb crumble with custard for afters - yummy 🤤

3787 - 3797 Three drinks tins, glass bottle & metal cap, 3 food cans, plastic pot & lid, 2 lots of cardboard packaging, plastic tub & lid - Recycled
    3798 - 3800 Bag of kitchen detritus, plastic packaging, plastic tray - Binned

Well done Happy Kitties :T

Well Done never too old :T You probably have enough of your own clutter without holding on to your DD’s stuff :rotfl:

Well Done Rootle :T still on track :T

I think your hubby is taking decluttering way too seriously Gem-gem :rotfl:

Well Done IrishRose12 :T not only actual decluttering but decluttering the potential stress of not having enough pennies for Christmas :T

See you later fellow declutterers ;)

MrsSD
    3800/4038
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Screaming!!!!! Because of back I got my elec scooter out to test, seems to have flat battery. Not used for over a year and then just as testing. Charged over night but nothing works, indicator does not light up so have got engineer coming today (de-clutter around £30). If needs new battery, I have just checked around on net, and could be around £400. Need to make decisions. Was bought 2nd hand but it is only 4 yrs old. As I said Screaming. Back is finally showing signs of improvement.
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    euronorris wrote: »
    Hello!

4 - Baby gate listed for sale - was for DD's bedroom, but never used in the end as she is too scared of the dark to get out of bed in the night lol

Baby gate sold, and collected yesterday.

In: Gifts for Xmas

5 - DH birthday cards still cluttering up the sides
    6 - Some craft/artwork from DD (can't keep it all)

And.....I was thinking yesterday how I'd like to blitz the living room tomorrow, and take the cover off the sofa and give it a wash etc. But I knew I'd have to get DH on board, which isn't always easy. Well, last night I got home and HE suggested it to ME! Yes!
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    1030. Glass into charity bag
    1031. Bubble wrap into charity bag
    1032. Bundle of old newspapers recycled.
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I got my husband to take another bag of stuff to the chazzer today. He is getting sick of doing it.:o:D

A skirt from New Look that is totally unflattering, a pair of sunglasses, a handbag and a top.

:T
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 19 October 2019 at 6:54PM
    Options
    A few from this week.

1301 a lid from an old can of polish
    1302 a bottle of kitchen cleaner binned as it was empty after I had cleaned the cupboard with it.
    1303-1304 couple of brochures recycled.
    1305 an egg box with eggs in to window cleaners 2 year old son.
    1306-1307 couple of moisturiser sample used up and binned.
    1308 packaging recycled.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport