Whats the best price I can get for Std Broadband and anytime calls?

Whats the best price I can get for Std Broadband and anytime calls?

I notice the Talk Talk website says £19.95

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/shop/broadband

but Im already a loyal customer so after spending an hour with retentions they offered me £436241783216487216 per day for broadband and £75843975389475 per call

Any idea what I can expect to pay?
If I ruled the world.......

Comments

• Those are big numbers you have there...

But for comparison plus.net is offering a £75 reward if you sign up to adsl as a new customer. So £18.99 + £8 for anytime landline/mobile calls less £30 if you prepay your line rental less £75 reward is £21 a month for 18 months.

Hope that helps.
  • bill888
    bill888 Posts: 248 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 25 September 2019 at 7:59AM
    fwiw, broadbandchoices comparison website lists NOW Broadband with free Anytime calls for £18 pm on 12 month contract.

hmm, I thought one of the benefits of Talktalk, was they permitted customers to switch easily to any new package offered online, even if they are still in contract. I could be wrong though.
  • Hmmm, if only there was a comparison site we could use to answer difficult questions like this.
  • mnbvcxz
    mnbvcxz Posts: 378 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Yeah, comparison sites are a help. Though to be fair they are lousy at comparing call packages, some include mobile some don't and such.

Not to mention they often have exclusive, different prices depending on which site you go through.

I'm beginning to think we need a comparison site of comparison sites to tell you which one has the cheapest prices...

Excellent spot BILL888 though with nowtv. If he's really mercenary he can try and pick up £30 topcashback for using broadbandchoices.com.
  • mnbvcxz wrote: »
    Yeah, comparison sites are a help. Though to be fair they are lousy at comparing call packages, some include mobile some don't and such.

Not to mention they often have exclusive, different prices depending on which site you go through.

I'm beginning to think we need a comparison site of comparison sites to tell you which one has the cheapest prices...

Excellent spot BILL888 though with nowtv. If he's really mercenary he can try and pick up £30 topcashback for using broadbandchoices.com.

Are there any that don't include mobiles nowadays? I'd be surprised if so.
  • bill888
    bill888 Posts: 248 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    fwiw, BT don't seem to include mobile calls in their Evening & Weekends, and the Unlimited Anytime Calls plan.

TBF, there is an MyAnytime calls plan with mobile addon, but it costs more at £12 if you can find it on the BT website.

There is one other small ISP that doesn't include mobiles in their anytime call plan but I've forgotten who they are.
  • mnbvcxz
    mnbvcxz Posts: 378 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Are there any that don't include mobiles nowadays? I'd be surprised if so.

Funny, I would have said most of them don't include mobile calls by default. You have to buy an additional add on to include mobile calls. So when you look at a comparison site its not obvious if the quoted anytime calls price is for just landline calls or mobiles too.
  • Nope talk talk don't like existing customers so I have took the deal with now broadband
    bill888 wrote: »
    fwiw, broadbandchoices comparison website lists NOW Broadband with free Anytime calls for £18 pm on 12 month contract.

hmm, I thought one of the benefits of Talktalk, was they permitted customers to switch easily to any new package offered online, even if they are still in contract. I could be wrong though.
    If I ruled the world.......
  • mnbvcxz wrote: »
    Funny, I would have said most of them don't include mobile calls by default. You have to buy an additional add on to include mobile calls. So when you look at a comparison site its not obvious if the quoted anytime calls price is for just landline calls or mobiles too.

Yeah, I had a quick look and it's a mixed bag, BT & Virgin both charge for mobile calls (Virgin have a £2 a month add-on to negate this, didn't check BT).

Sky, NowTV & Plusnet do include them in their anytime packages at least.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure