They can't give some tickets away!!

A relative who is a teacher in Glasgow tells me that schools in the west of Scotland have each been given 30 free tickets for the opening football matches at Hampden because they are not selling. The children have shown no interest at all!

It will be interesting to see how the TV coverage looks for these games when the stadium is going to be empty.

Comments

• photome
    photome Posts: 16,350
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    scotsbob wrote: »
    A relative who is a teacher in Glasgow tells me that schools in the west of Scotland have each been given 30 free tickets for the opening football matches at Hampden because they are not selling. The children have shown no interest at all!

It will be interesting to see how the TV coverage looks for these games when the stadium is going to be empty.

Will there be TV coverage
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,130
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    photome wrote: »
    Will there be TV coverage

There will be live TV coverage of every single event as someone somewhere in the world will want to see it. However, it's unlikely that the BBC1 will be showing Honduras v Morocco from Glasgow live but it will be available on digital (there will be 24 channels on most platforms) or online

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/rogermosey/2012/04/since_the_start_of_our.html
  • Sharon87
    Sharon87 Posts: 4,011
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    They are having trouble filling the football stadiums just because of the vast size they are, also people in Britain are more interested in watching home teams play, than some far away countries.

I was lucky I booked Football tickets for Women's football and by coincidence I got the match for Team GB! That was lucky.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure