Help

Hi there,

Finally plucked up the courage to post on here... I have a bank loan which has approx 6k owing. I am looking at ways to get this loan transferred to a 0% card potentially? The monthly repayments on the loan are £152.

Is it feasible for me to either use one of my existing cards when a 0% cash offer comes up to transfer the cash to my current account to pay the loan off? Then make overpayments n this card and switch again after the offer period?

I realise there will be a fee for transferring the cash.

And roughly how much would the repayments be on the card for 6k? At 0%

I have a Barclaycard 0 balance with 11k limit and Tesco’s card with 8k limit.(£600 balance)

Sick of paying the interest on the loan

Thanks in advance

T

Comments

• Hi TP49 and welcome to the forum :)

Have a read of the MSE article linked below as you would need a money transfer promotional offer. Then come back here with any questions you may have. :)

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/money-transfers/
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,617 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I will move this to the general credit card board as its not about stoozing
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    As stated above you need a money transfer card to transfer £6,000 to your current account to pay off the loan

the monthly repayment amount depends on the number of months you get the free 0% rate for but if it was 12 months than the repayments would be £6000 / 12

if it was 24 months then repayments would be £6000 / 24
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport