Toy suggestions for nursery

Options
I know it's a couple of months away yet but I was starting to think about what to get my youngest's nursery school as a leaving present in July but I'm stuck for ideas.

I have also been volunteering in the nursery for the last 18 months and have got to know all the staff and children in that time so want it to be something that is a bit extra special.

I wanted to get a toy for the children (I figured the staff will get enough bits for them from other parents anyway) and would love some ideas for what to get. It doesn't have to be educational necessarily but just something they will all get use out of. My absolute maximum budget would be £25 (yes, this is more than I'd normally spend but I'm happy to pay a bit more as I know them all so well). All I can come up with so far is a car parking tower type thing but need to look out for offers on this as it's a bit above my budget.

Any ideas would be hugely appreciated.

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,109 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Duplo or Lego?

My nursery are always looking for things they can use for crafts. A bundle of things like that? If there are any scrapstores near you, you could find some unusual items there.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • oystercatcher
    oystercatcher Posts: 2,330 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    What about something personalised, I've seen trains that spell out names, maybe get one with the nursery name or something similar . Or a special teddy with the teachers name on that she can 'lend' to an upset child to cheer them up ?
    Decluttering, 20 mins / day Jan 2024 2/2 
  • dingdongsaving
    Options
    Reading books with a message from you inside the cover will be very appreciated and the message will be seen each time children/adults engage with them. :) The great thing about books is that you can find new or gently used ones and they will still be ideal for this type of gift and the little ones will never know they've been enjoyed before as that's the whole point of their books.
    You'll get a real bundle if you start looking out for high quality texts in charity shops nice and early too.
  • AmberPick
    Options
    Lego is a great option, my kids love it. Also good books, musical, interactive, they are not very expensive, a lot of good options can be found in sales. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback