PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Tuesday 12th February 2019

Comments

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone,

Bright and sunny here today with no sign of a frost, my spring planted pots are coming on a treat and a welcome splash of colour in the garden.
    Need to get down to the village and visit the garden centre today to pick up some more bird food, I might even get my bike out of the shed and cycle down as could do with the exercise!

Thanks for the heads up on a new series of Shetland Gers.

Hugs to all with worries and care, take care folks x
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Morning :)

Think its ice free out there although it can be deceptive if its black ice. Another one who woke at 5 as usual but turned over and had another hour so feel like I actually have had sleep today

Great work day yesterday I was on a roll sales wise and filled a few empty Feb days. Dentist was OK although as predicted the woman who does the polish made sure it was painful and then told me off for not using the brushes although surprisingly this time it was a long brush she was telling me was essential (which you can only buy from reception of course ) She also made a real performance out of a very small filling ....3 injections to make sure its still sore where she stabbed me this morning :(....i'm thinking of asking my lovely dentist not to refer me to her anymore she really is a witch.

Dinner last night was the left over sausage and mash with a few beans. Caught up with my husband too who had started his new programme on Great British food. Well worth a look he was in the Orkneys and the seafood looked just amazing.

Today of course is mum day ....send help quick :D

TA enjoy your favourite day I am the yin to your yang and loathe Tuesdays

Have a great day all
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,585 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Steve update, still in hospital, still spiking temps. They don't seem to have a clue why. He sounds bright enough though.

Today will be groundhog day. Visiting etc.

Hgs to all the poorlies and carers.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning All

Glad the mattress arrived Gers, that's good service.
    Feel better soon Specky.

I took DD to Costco yesterday, just bought toilet rolls but did fill up with fuel, it's so much cheaper there. Also paid a quick visit to Tesco and a new Home Bargains that opened yesterday morning, very busy and absolutely huge so I stocked up on toiletries.

Had a lazy afternoon knitting and watching TV - good use of a day off! I have another day off today, not much planned but if the rain holds off I'll go for a walk to get a couple of bits for lunches this week.

Washing up to date, just need to have a dust round of the living room once I've emptied the ash pan.

Happy Tuesday, take care. XX
  • Bozwood
    Bozwood Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning everyone. Dd had a good day at school and she is ok she does have a good teacher who does care and I spoke to her at parents evening last night she could only say good things about dd she is a good girl she likes homework and does extra I just want her happy she does SATS this time and I worry that she will get stressed about it and really it’s just for the schools benefit. Working today most of it and after school. I am going to call in Sainsbury’s I don’t normally but it the 25 percent off starts today
  • Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Brrrrr its cold this morning. I have to go to the PO to post a parcel, it will have to wait a bit until its warmer.

For those of you who are fans of Escape to the Chateau, !!!! has a new ETTC DIY show starting on 18th of this month. Channel 5 at 5pm. We had a catch up email from them this morning. They are also publishing a second edition of the book they published last year.

OH had a good time at evergreens yesterday, he took his dominoes with him, they payed a couple of games. He was in and out at the hospital for his X Ray, have to ring the surgery at the end of the week for the results.

DD2 was ok yesterday, we had a good natter, she is going to stay at DGS next week to look after the dog, they are off to Poland with the baby to see DGS partners parents.

Load of coloureds in the washer. I managed to get the bed lien dry yesterday, the sheet and duvet cover were not creased so they have been folded and put away. I just have the pillowcases to iron.

Nothing planned for today, will nip over and see my neighbour who fell last week, make sure she is ok. Her son and daughter in law were there at the weekend. I have double booked Thursday so will go to Aldi tomorrow instead.

Sausage and mash for supper tonight. DGS sent me cake from his birthday, he had two, we had one last night, will have the second for dessert after supper tonight.
  • Morning all
    Today it's grey and grey, what a difference from yesterdays sunshine :(.
    This morning I shall strip the bed, dust the bedroom and hoover, then remake the bed. I'll probably put the bedding in the WM, but I wish I'd done it yesterday as it could have a blow on the line :(.

This afternoon we are heading out to get Mr Fix It's oncology injection done. They only seem to do them in the afternoon and the nurse is always on catch up, so we'll be late home.
    I took out some spag bol sauce out of the freezer last night and we were going to have that for tea, but on checking it this morning I think it's curry :doh:. Oh well I'll just have to cook some rice to go with it :D.
    Hope everyone has a good Monday, whatever you are doing.
    Take care and hugs to all.
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all,

Overcast here today, yesterday was lovely and sunny, got 3 machine loads dried outside,. I hate clothes hanging around the house to dry.

Rota went haywire at the weekend, yesterday was my third day in a row to cook, so sitting back and letting "children" take over for the rest of the week!

Sorry to hear that some of you are still finding it difficult to sleep.

Snoozer, hope that Steve is better today and that he is back home soon.

Nothing planned for today, just have to collect DGD3 from football practice at 3.45, might sort a few seeds for sowing in the greenhouse next week.! Might even do a bit of pruning in the garden, or knitting. First thing I must do is have something to eat as the orange I had earlier has worn off.

Much love to all.

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Hope everyone has a good Monday, whatever you are doing.

oh i wish but sadly buddy its Tuesday :rotfl:

Hope Mr Fixits injection is done speedily and painlessly x
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,031 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I'm home! It was a very long slow journey this time, and in the pouring rain too. There was lots more heavy traffic on the road, some of which were wide loads and others were just slow.

Last night, when I turned on the ceiling light in DM's living room there was a very loud bang and the glass bulb separated from the bayonet end! Deaf DM didn't hear a thing, I almost jumped out of my skin. I've organised an electrician to come out to have a look at it in case the fitting needs replaced, he's coming on Thursday when the cleaner is there.

I've fed the birds, made a cup of tea and cleared some work emails. More to do but they can wait a couple of more hours.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure