Prolific Academic Survey Alerts

Comments

• mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Anyone else find their balance is really slow to update in the new site? I got an email to say approved a good half an hour before it showed in my balance on the site. Submissions seem to take an age to be added to pending balance too

I find I have to manually hit refresh for it to do so, but it is always there to be fair.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 2,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Architecture questions

4mins
    60p
    £9/hr
    51/60 places
  • fluffig
    fluffig Posts: 432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    C_J wrote: »
    It is just that I do not recall having given that information to Circle when I signed up with them, although I may be misremembering. I found it odd to be asked for my dob and address when I have been cashing out every month since the swap to Circle without being asked for those details, and I am asking to cash out to the same bank account, not trying to change any details.

I am just wary of handing out personal info that I do not think I have given out before, and could not see why Circle would suddenly need it. I do not know how they could verify it if I had not given it out before. They would not let me cash out without giving the details, so I had no choice. I was only asking the question on here to see if anyone else had encountered the same thing, thats all.

Not just you C J. Happened to me too last week.
  • Marvqn1
    Marvqn1 Posts: 634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 4 August 2018 at 8:35PM
    About the page monitor for study updates.

In Distill, instead of setting it to monitor the whole page, if you select to monitor part of the page and select only the 'Studies' part of the page it seems to check the page for changes.

I don't know if it works yet to alert for new studies because I haven't had a study since, but it shows the 'Studies' part of the page in the Distill Watchlist history.
  • thisone
    edited 5 August 2018 at 1:03PM
    Social media and lifestyle study 3
    Hosted by wbs.ac.uk
    £0.50 !!!8226; 5 minutes !!!8226; £6.00/hr !!!8226; 5/1798
    Requires Twitter (not stated), requires committing to a post about litter to continue with the study. Returned. Seems to be one of a bevy of twitter based litter studies, social experiment or genuine concern?

Edit: Sent the researcher a disapproving message and have just been sent response accepted!
  • AprilLady
    AprilLady Posts: 932 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    You don't have to tweet the message to complete the study. :-)
  • thisone
    AprilLady wrote: »
    You don't have to tweet the message to complete the study. :-)
    No, but I was required to commit to the tweet to proceed and I didn't wish to annoy my followers with that tweet. My response has been approved dispite returning the study.
  • AprilLady
    AprilLady Posts: 932 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    You could just continue on the survey - it gave you the option to tweet it or not.
  • thisone
    Mine didn't, perhaps there's several options, a control group etc?
  • thisone
    The researcher just replied, saying they'd mistakenly omitted the Twitter requirement and that tweeting was supposed to be optional and part of the study.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback